Will i be able to mount my psu if I go from HAF932 to HAFX?

rjolin01

[H]ard|Gawd
I currently have a HAF932. My mobo is an Asus P6X58 Premium. I have 3x water cooled GTX470's. The bottom most gpu is in the bottom most slot on the mobo and expansion slots. This causes it to interfere with proper mounting of the psu. I am wondering if I went with a HAFX and it being 9 slots will i be able to mount the psu? Or will the mobo mount where the bottom gpu is still in the last expansion slot?

My system isn't assembled yet, but from what I can tell by eyeballing it with the PSU installed, the HAFx should give you plenty of room. I'm considering installing my only GPU in the bottom slot on my ASUS P9X79 to take better advantage of airflow from the front and side fans. It doesn't seem like there will be any issue with space in that direction.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but the CPU doesn't arrive until Monday or Tuesday.

thanks for your help. basicly if the gpu that is in slot 7 on my haf will be in slot 7 on hafx i should be good. will prob give it a try.

I just found out that 2011 doesn't need a backplate, so I mounted everything I could, and the bottom slot had plenty of room for my GTX580. About an inch between it and the PSU, a CM 1200. So you should be fine.

This case has a LOT of space. I can even fit the graphics fan-doohickey if I want. Not sure that it's worth it though.

Back