Will G10 fit on my 980Ti cards?

Nebell

2[H]4U
My cards are both stable at about 1400mhz in sli, but since I'm gaming at 4k, I need every single fps boost in newer games <.<
The second card goes up to 88c which is rather high so I decided to get myself two G10 and two Kraken X31.

I read that G10 fits nicely on MSI 980Ti, but what about Inno3D?

And is there even any point in trying this? I know it's silicone gamble when it comes to overclocking, but I wouldn't mind lowering my temps and getting about 100-150 mhz boost on my cards. My main issue is however is that Inno3D, it's a larger card than MSI.

EDIT:
Actually, after closer inspection, Inno card seems to be shorter, it's the backplate and cooler which are insanely long.

2hq6pz4.jpg

Last edited:
The pcb is probably the same. Usually it's the same pcb with different coolers to the particular manufacturers specs.

G10 is gorgeous on the MSI card, especially considering the MSI card has a separate aluminium heatsink for VRAM and Memory.

It should fit on any card. If your inno3d card doesn't have a faceplate (on the side of the core) then it will fit on it without a need for a shim.

You need to take off the cooler from the Inno3D and see if it has a separate heatsink for VRM. That's the main reason why the G10 goes so well with the MSI. Otherwise you'll have to figure out how to mount one.

You're only going to need a shim if the card has a midplate that looks like this:
http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/...eForce-GTX-980-KINGPIN-ACX-Cooling-Plate-.jpg
See those four nibs on the plate around the GPU? They prevent installing an AIO cooler unless you use a shim.

The G10 should fit fine otherwise. At this point you might want to consider if waiting for Pascal is the better bet though instead of investing more money on the cooling. Of course you will be able to move that to the next gen cards if you want as watercooling is always quieter and allows better overclocking.

My g10 slotted right on my MSi gaming model, was a bit finicky installing the Kraken x61 but all in all it went on no worries even wwith the backplate. The only thing was that i couldnt fit those foam blocks at the end, but thats nothing

I couldn't mount mine, had to give it up lol

Kraken x61 + G10 on MSI Gaming model? I was getting a bit pissed off myself lining it up and that ring mount coming off a lot, but it was certainly doable. The results are fantastic, I'd recommend trying again!

Kraken x61 + G10 on MSI Gaming model? I was getting a bit pissed off myself lining it up and that ring mount coming off a lot, but it was certainly doable. The results are fantastic, I'd recommend trying again!
true that lol

Back