Will Dell release a successor to the 2408WFP

Kreed

n00b
It would seem that the U2410 is plagued by tint issues and getting one without these issues would depend purely on luck. Not wanting to take that chance, I am willing settle for a cheaper 24" 16:10 PVA monitor. Does anybody know if Dell will refresh their 2408WFP for 2010/2011?

The u2410 was the replacement for the 2408wfp. Highly unlikely that dell will offer a PVA 24" anytime soon. They appear to have switched to LG IPS panels for their premium monitors.

I wouldn't mind if Dell introduces mid-range 16:10 monitors with LED Backlit PVA panels.

Yeah, what happend to Samsung's new cPVA panels. It seems like Samsung has given up on computer displays entirely, which is a drag, because LG's QC is so bad. For those of us that are willing to spend enough dough to get something better than TN there are not a lot of choices these days.

Dave

Yeah, it is odd that Samsung hasn't moved its 16:10 S-PVA parts to C-PVA yet. C-PVA looks like a huge developmental culmination for Samsung; probably intended for the TV market judging by how I presume they engineered the LC mixture for contrast ratio over response time. Its new pixel layout and superb energy efficiency speaks for itself.

I think the rare adoption of the 23" part in monitor models has to blame the way manufacturers have poisoned the well with meaningless specs like 170/160 viewing angle, 500,000:1 DCR, 2ms response time and the like. Customers like Dell see the 25ms response time and the small premium for ltm230hp01 over the ht01 TN part and think, why bother?

Dell can auto-dim their TN models and put them out the door, and this is probably what their customers demand. A buyer who sees a 5ms 1000:1 (3000:1 dynamic) product unfortunately isn't going to choose the 25ms 3000:1 option sitting right next to it in the online store; but as we know 3000:1 is untouchably hot shit for a monitor, even still as 0.03 cd/m2 in the HDTV space.

Why cant they just make a bigger version of my legendary 2005fpw? My monitor is a fucking legend of a monitor. no issues at all

Back