Will Bad Company 2 Require Stupid Steam or MS live game login?

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't think it's necessary since it's a multiplayer game and everyone will need a key to play multiplayer. It'd be nice where I can actually play a game without stupid steam or stupid ms live game login requirement. I remember back in the good old days we could just click on the game shortcut and that was it. Now you have to login steam, or ms live...and even worse, sometimes both a la Dirt 2.

Well you do have to log into your EA account in game in order to play multiplayer. But what is wrong with using Steam to launch and play the game?

I don't think it's necessary since it's a multiplayer game and everyone will need a key to play multiplayer. It'd be nice where I can actually play a game without stupid steam or stupid ms live game login requirement. I remember back in the good old days we could just click on the game shortcut and that was it. Now you have to login steam, or ms live...and even worse, sometimes both a la Dirt 2.
If you buy the game through Steam, you will have to have steam running in order to play it...

I'm running the beta right now, and its painless. Just open steam, click on icon. Game starts.

The only other login required is in game. You do have to make an account there and login each and every time. But again, its painless, and its nearly identical to how it was done in BF2 when it came out 5 or so years ago.

But making that account ingame is crucial. It keeps an account for you and EA keeps track of all your stats and unlockables. Extremely handy when you have to re-install the game and/or windows.

Man, I don't understand any of this hostility towards Steam nowadays. :rolleyes:

Now, having to log into Games for Live or anything else is just stupid (three seperate logins when I try and play GTA4?? WTF?!).

If you buy the game through Steam, you will have to have steam running in order to play it...

I'm running the beta right now, and its painless. Just open steam, click on icon. Game starts.

The only other login required is in game. You do have to make an account there and login each and every time. But again, its painless, and its nearly identical to how it was done in BF2 when it came out 5 or so years ago.

But making that account ingame is crucial. It keeps an account for you and EA keeps track of all your stats and unlockables. Extremely handy when you have to re-install the game and/or windows.

Not all games.

with MW1, I use xfire to connect to servers. steam not loaded.

I can Also play BC2 without using steam, eventhough i bought it threw steam.

Man, I don't understand any of this hostility towards Steam nowadays. :rolleyes:
Well he is a well known troll on these forums. I still don't know when to take PS3 seriously or not.

I can Also play BC2 without using steam, eventhough i bought it threw steam.
Neat trick, care to show how you did that?:cool:

I'm guessing you made an icon of the executable on your desktop?

Rule number one at [H]:

1. Never ever listen to PS3 or any of this threads. Even if it could be meant seriously. He's to be ignored permanently.

Well he is a well known troll on these forums. I still don't know when to take PS3 seriously or not.

Neat trick, care to show how you did that?:cool:

I'm guessing you made an icon of the executable on your desktop?

program files/steam/common files/BFBC2/BFBC2.exe or something close to that

Now, having to log into Games for Live or anything else is just stupid (three seperate logins when I try and play GTA4?? WTF?!).

You dont need steam open to play GTA4, or BFBC2 beta as mentioned above. And if you create an offline account, you dont need to log in to GFWL either. Even the Rockstar Games log in thing, I just click the skip log in.

There's a few games you dont need steam open to play. Just go to your steamapps folder, track down the game's folder and see if it has a launcher in there that'll run without steam being open.

Back