Will a Xonar DX fit in GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 slot 1?

Psoriac

Weaksauce
I'm planning a system upgrade from what I have in my sig, and I'm looking at the ASUS GTX570 with the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3. Due to the 3-slot cooling of the ASUS card, I am thinking to put my Xonar DX in PCIEx1_1 (the slot closest to the CPU). I can't do this with my current motherboard because the end of the card conflicts with the top two RAM slots' clips, but eyeballing the pictures on the website it looks like it should just clear them on the UD3P. Is anyone able to confirm or deny this for me?

Link to Gigabyte's product page for the UD3P: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3850#ov

Alternatively, I would get the UD4 with the eVGA GTX570, which is a 2-slot card, but the noise level under load is what concerns me - am I wrong in my belief here?

Thanks for any insights you guys can offer.

Nobody? Can someone who owns this board at least tell me whether the right (cpu side) of the slot is in line with or just past the RAM clips?

If not you can still put it in either of the 2 other PCI-E X1 slots or even a PCI-E X16 slot if need be.

Back