Will a 32 bit Vista Ultimate academic license key work with 64 bit vista?

JCDenton

Gawd
I know that for the retail versions this is fine. Like if you buy 32 bit vista and get an install disc for the 64 bit version, you can use the code from the 32 bit vista to validate the 64 bit install.

Anyone know if this will also work with Vista purchased at a discounted rate through my university? They only sell the 32 bit version.

I've seen quite a few people on here saying that yes, it will work. Getting the media, however, may be the difficult part.

I already have Vista 64 ultimate installed but not validated. I figured if I could validate it for $24 that would be a good deal.

I think you might have to go through the process of calling Microsoft to get it to validate your key. Some people didn't even have to pay and they shouldn't for preference in 32-bit or 64-bit.

Yes it will, I have a free MSDNAA key from uni that I first used on a 32bit laptop that is now running on my 64bit rig.

Had to call TID to activating the 64bit install though that was probably because it was activated on the laptop before.

Back