Wildstar--Steampunk(ish) MMORPG

Seems like NCSoft with a korean company making the game. If not, the website is definitely Korean-esque.

Yeah, I saw it when looking for guild was 2 stuff a few months ago. Watched the cinematic and it looked more like a preview for an animated movie or tv show than an mmo.

There's a new and (very) funny video up about housing. I must admit, I kind of wrote this game off, but it actually looks like it's shaping up to be something fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDf613D1qLk

I actually really like the art style. It is WoWish but I don't really look at that as a negative since I've always liked that game's look as well (just don't want to play it). I remember seeing this game sometime last year and thinking it looked pretty good, but I haven't heard much on it since. But it's hard for me to get excited about another MMO right now with GW2 just around the corner. I wonder what type of release date they're looking at?

Looks like sci-fi to me. Don't really see any steampunk influence in there at all.

gorgeous looking game

I predict people will burn through the PvE content then bitch that they have nothing to do, then players will try PvP then bitch about class & skill imbalance

then PvE and PvP players will bitch at each other about gear imbalance and who should have access to what

then players/outsiders will start predicting F2P

Some of the baddies in the trailer look so WoW-inspired it's not even funny. Signed up for beta, I'd try it fo' free.

gorgeous looking game

I predict people will burn through the PvE content then bitch that they have nothing to do, then players will try PvP then bitch about class & skill imbalance

then PvE and PvP players will bitch at each other about gear imbalance and who should have access to what

then players/outsiders will start predicting F2P

Almost correct other than I predict F2P at launch.

Signed up for the beta as well, looks interesting for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDf613D1qLk
But it's hard for me to get excited about another MMO right now with GW2 just around the corner. I wonder what type of release date they're looking at?
That video was actually pretty good explaining how different classes will work. I am looking forward to trying out the Settler and Scientist. As far as GW2 goes, there's already been a good amount of negative press about it and it if turns out to be decent then great but right now there's also way too much hype about it and it's pretty much a given that it won't be able to live up to half of it.

Last edited:
3 months ago i said no interest whatsover...with recent vids I'm warming up to it...I gotta hand it to the dev team, great sense of humor and down to earth honesty...unlike the swtor dev team who were elitists assholes...their game may still end up sucking but I like the teams attitude alot

I actually signed up for beta..tired of paying full price and being disappointed

if wildstar released today, I'd delete GW2 from the hd and load it..imho, gw2 is the direct competitor to this game..i MUCH prefer the atmosphere of WS then GW2

I'll be surprised if this gets released this year

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...ldStar-The-Summer-of-WildStar-is-Upon-Us.html

latest article..may 15th date

Last edited:
From what I can see, isn't this going to have a monthy sub? Not really a competitor with GW2 if that's the case.

Looks interesting, but if it's just more click combat like WoW or GW2 then I'm out.

From what I can see, isn't this going to have a monthy sub? Not really a competitor with GW2 if that's the case.

Looks interesting, but if it's just more click combat like WoW or GW2 then I'm out.

No pricing models have been announced yet. Anything is pure speculation at this point.

Honestly people should have some hope for this title, and it isn't surprising you would see some similarities to WoW. There are 17 WoW developer vets, including leads and senior developers. If you look at their company pedigree it is impressive. It has been so long people forget the creation of this studio. I'm not saying get on the hype train, but you should have a bag packed just in case it does take off.

Back