Wildstar Online Pre-order 20% off at GMG

That's true. WoW's character movement is much more fluid and responsive.

Because WoW was just like that when it launched almost 10 years ago. It's not because they've been constantly working on and improving the game engine for a decade... :rolleyes:

FWIW - I've been playing WoW since launch and pre-ordered Warlords of Draenor.

Because WoW was just like that when it launched almost 10 years ago. It's not because they've been constantly working on and improving the game engine for a decade... :rolleyes:

FWIW - I've been playing WoW since launch and pre-ordered Warlords of Draenor.

I was disappointed that they raised the prices of the digital copies. :mad:

Very much on the fence for this game. Dumped my WoW addiction a couple years ago, but Wildstar seems very interesting to me and I actually may have a little free time to play a MMO part time again. What to do, what to do.......

dont wanna derail but fwiw to everyone here. I'm an MMO addict. Have played nothing but MMO's for 15 years now or better. Hopefully that makes my opinion worth something.

I just finished running the beta through its paces a few days back. Had an opportunity to try each and every class. While they do all feel unique in mechanics, they also feel the same in combat due to the way combat is designed to work. The mechanics are also nothing you havent seen before. (not necessary a bad thing)

With that said - the game is fun..but not something I could see myself sinking tons of time into like the mmo's i choose to settle in. I dont jump games, i accept and realize this genre thrives on time investment and make my choice on a variety of factors and accordingly.

Still, if you arent currently involved in an MMO and something like wow was your first foray into the genre, go for it. You will likely enjoy it and play it for a good while.

However - if you ARE currently playing something else, or are an old soul with real mmo experience from their hayday... avoid it. Its not something you will want to cancel your current mmo sub for (id venture to say even wow unless your just totally burned out and done)

Its fun but not revolutionary in any way. Its basicaly wow in a different setting with some humor and combat made a bit more actiony/twitchy (totally anti mmo if you ask me) but its what todays kids go for.

Anyhow, not for me.

dont wanna derail but fwiw to everyone here. I'm an MMO addict. Have played nothing but MMO's for 15 years now or better. Hopefully that makes my opinion worth something.

I just finished running the beta through its paces a few days back. Had an opportunity to try each and every class. While they do all feel unique in mechanics, they also feel the same in combat due to the way combat is designed to work. The mechanics are also nothing you havent seen before. (not necessary a bad thing)

With that said - the game is fun..but not something I could see myself sinking tons of time into like the mmo's i choose to settle in. I dont jump games, i accept and realize this genre thrives on time investment and make my choice on a variety of factors and accordingly.

Still, if you arent currently involved in an MMO and something like wow was your first foray into the genre, go for it. You will likely enjoy it and play it for a good while.

However - if you ARE currently playing something else, or are an old soul with real mmo experience from their hayday... avoid it. Its not something you will want to cancel your current mmo sub for (id venture to say even wow unless your just totally burned out and done)

Its fun but not revolutionary in any way. Its basicaly wow in a different setting with some humor and combat made a bit more actiony/twitchy (totally anti mmo if you ask me) but its what todays kids go for.

Anyhow, not for me.

Yeah, I played the beta and was struggling just to stay awake. It really is an unpolished WoW clone, and when I say unpolished I mean it runs like complete ass. I managed the grind to max level in GW2 and FF14, but this game? When I left the tutorial and got to the first quest hub I could instantly tell what was ahead of me and uninstalled.

If you're going to clone WoW, at least do it a good job of it. As of now it's just a bad rip-off with nothing I haven't seen a hundred times before and implemented better.

That said I'll probably still buy it because there's really nothing else to play. Wildstar's only smart move was deciding its release date.

you know it was made by ex wow devs right? :p

As far as nothing else to play? I partially agree. This is why I still havent unsubbed wow or sold my accounts lol. I only log in to raid but after all the time invested (i have 22 level 90s) I am struggling to just ditch it.

I spend the vast majority of my time in ffxiv. Its extremely well polished, very active, and the end game is certainly challenging. That said - I knew within weeks of starting it was only a stepping stone or temporary stop on my way to my next "home" for lack of a better word/phrase. While it has a lot going for it (its nearly universally critically acclaimed after all) it has a few key features that i desire missing, as well as a few (mostly borrowed from wow and inserted in the name of more subs) I could do without.

Its saddening to me (deeply) that todays games basically skip the journey, and it all revolves around the level cap. A ton of "new age" (the kids call it evolution of the genre ha!) features go into causing this... but the end result is little to NO immersion to be had in an RPG!

Theyre almost all theme park now where your lobby is the city in said game, and the game itself is an action dungeon crawler with a chat room. Thats about the extent of depth present in the genre post wow era. Blizzard destroyed the genre (self admittedly). Everyone else follows their lead hoping to nab some of the crowd they created, and no one has the balls to create a game true to the staples of the genre seeing it as a risk to marketshare and the allmighty dollar. One thing they fail to realize is the genre was much stronger and healthier before the kids came marching in.

250k subs used to be astonishing and the pinnacle of success. Now its xxxx million. What they are failing to realize is xxx million minus 250k = the number of wow fanboys who never played an mmo in their lives until wow launched. Are those really the folk you want to dictate the genre?

Anyways, im getting way off topic. Truth be told i rant everywhere I can. Not even rant, I vent. I love the genre, I know it inside out. Ive played dozens of games. Each to max level. Im introspective and a people watcher. I'm broadly educated. Ive watched quietly as the games i loved that used to mesmerize me have literally gone to shit. And for what? Thats what bugs me the worst.

You know the answer to that question! And its crazy to me.... Who in their right mind thinks that because they dont like a particular feature in a game or the way its played or the time it takes or how hard it is.. that the developer is entitled to change it for them?!?! I mean what world are these kids living in? Worst part about it is the devs did just that. Now its commonplace. The devs dont make the games anymore, the whining self entitled, kids with no patience do!

I pick up a game.. if i dont like a feature - I deal. If i cant find satisfaction due to my real life or the fact im unwiling to put the amount of time in necessary to get what i want back out.. I either quit the game, or i make sacrifices to find the time. Use time more efficiently. No clue what cloth this generation is cut from, or how their parents are, or arent raising them... but im appalled.

Sorry ya'll had to listen to all this!

FishHead - pray EQN delivers lol. It had SO much potential but SoE began to follow suit. F2P /vomit. However, if anyone can pull "crap" off its soe. They have a ridiculous amount of talent and resources and alot of experience to draw on. I'm trying to stay optimitsic. Time will tell but its a ways off.

For me, the end all be all is Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. It is being marketed as the type of game the "genre NEEDS right now" unquote. Returning to the tenets of what made the mmo genre great. Supposed to appeal to the "hardcore" demographic which I understand, but hate. Before you say "whaaaaa!?!" let me explain.

I dont hate who its being marketed to. I hate the label. I am one of the people it is being marketed for (by the markets definition). My issue is with the labels being the source of such contention (again this began due to/during the wow era). Everyone calls me hardcore because I excel in these games, I spend alot of time in game, I like my mmo's challenging, and I tend to raid alot. Sometimes I call myself Hardcore because I know the majorities definition so I have to use it. Personally I consider myself a casual. I have a family, I have a job, I have other hobbies and a life outside games. I own a home and am a full grown man. All things that these "casuals" use as their excuse why the "hardcore" guys either suck, or have no life.. or hold them back... or cause the games to require too much time etc.

Lets be realistic. I choose to skip going out to dinner with my wife and friends. I choose to cram all my schoolwork into one day instead of spreading it out over the week. I choose to vacuum between loads of dishes/laundry. I try to use my time efficiently and I sacrifice certain things from a social life perspective in order to have extra play time to achieve what I want out of my MMORPG'ing. What I dont do is blame others or expect the developers to make the game easier in order to compensate me when I am unwilling to do what is required to achieve what I want.

Ever heard "have your cake and eat it too?" This is what these "casuals" are attempting to do and sadly and sickeningly - its working.

Anyhow, ive now ranted/vented a ridiculously lengthy amount of time of which no one will likely read. What was once a thread/post regarding wildstar, it has been dertailed to become a post about mmo economy/ecology. I digress.... HARD!

Sorry!

I beta tested ESO and have tested Wildstar the last few beta weekends. I like them both but time issues don't justify buying either one right now and I can't do a monthly fee for either justice until I find more free time. The time I have made for beta testing them has been fun though.

Played both betas. Bought ESO, got to vet rank 3 and canceled my sub. None of my friends hopped onto ESO which is why I stopped, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Wildstar on the other hand...A total upset for me. Was looking forward to it for so long...But it let me down. My first true MMO was Lineage 2, which I loved to pieces. Especially of the fact how hardcore the game was. 2 years invested, never hit cap, sold my account at lvl 67 (cap was 75 att).

But yea, a bummer, I really wanted wildstar to succeed, but the combat had no wait to it what so ever. If you guys are looking for good mmo's coming out...look into Black Desert Online, or Bless...Bless IMO will be the better of the two.

Bless - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfSk4r5Xa-4

gorgeoussss..Can't wait for this game...Although it hasn't been picked up by anyone just yet. I can't wait....=O, mostly though because it reminds me of L2 in a way =P

25% code totally still works, I bought 2 one for me and one for the wife! Thanks!!! :)

Back