WikiLeaks Accuses 'Cowardly' Amazon of Lying

HardOCP News

[H] News
Heh, I guess we know which company is going to be targeted by WikiLeaks next.

Amazon's terms state that customers must "control all of the rights to the content" stored on its servers and that the content "will not cause injury to any person or entity." "It's clear that WikiLeaks doesn't own or otherwise control all the rights to this classified content," Amazon said.

Of course they stopped hosting Wikileaks because of government pressure, but they're a private entity and they are completely free to stop hosting whatever they want. Hosting is one industry that actually has plenty of competition and website hosting isn't a life/death industry, so there's really no problem with Amazon saying 'You know what, this is causing us more hassle than any money we're making off it, let's drop this site.'

Amazon doesn't believe in what Assange is doing, so fuck him. Australia used to produce real men.

An argument against the Cloud, if you're planning on hosting this kind of thing.

If WikiLeaks were on my hosting account I would kick them to the curb. Business is business.

So what fredom is left on the net if they can shut any site they whant down? When is the world going to wake up ans see how many rights and fredoms we have lost........when they shut down facebook that's whenm they will care:(

Amazon can't shut down any site they want. They can shut down sites that they host, though.

So what fredom is left on the net if they can shut any site they whant down? When is the world going to wake up ans see how many rights and fredoms we have lost........when they shut down facebook that's whenm they will care:(

Amazon is a private company. They can shut down whatever site they host without reason.

Facebook has NOTHING to do with Amazon.

Though Amazon did take down that "pedophilie" book, so they are not immune to public pressure.

my ears perked up when someone said they should shut down facebook.

We got into a discussion about this in one of my classes, the fucking chicks were losing their mind at the thiught of no more facebook.

Best way to get around the BS if you want the Information to be out there is get a server thats behind a couple BGP switches and a 20K DDoS protection. Your set.

my ears perked up when someone said they should shut down facebook.

We got into a discussion about this in one of my classes, the fucking chicks were losing their mind at the thiught of no more facebook.

HOLY LOL... chicks are great, they should get more involved in tech and politics.. I'd love it if the biggest problem in our world was the death of facebook :)

Steve, you made the leaks and their actions seam evil. We where promised transparency, didn't get it, and got this massive leak.

It's fate.

I'd love to see the average workers all over the world, keeping "them" honest.

wikileaks doesnt target anyone. its not like they go "get" leaks or make them happen. if someone has documents they feel the public should know about, they can give them to wikileaks and they will provide a place for people to view them.

It's not so much wikileaks that I'm worried about. It's that scumbag traitor PFC that gave this creep all of this info to leak. Is this traitor going to be shot, hung, and drawn and quartered?

It's not so much wikileaks that I'm worried about. It's that scumbag traitor PFC that gave this creep all of this info to leak. Is this traitor going to be shot, hung, and drawn and quartered?

We will likely just follow the laws in place.

"Steve, you made the leaks and their actions seam evil. We where promised transparency, didn't get it, and got this massive leak."

hahaha...it's called national security...you aren't entitled to "know" everything...that's how people get killed...

although ...I guess by your way of thinking, it will be cool and "transparent" if someone can come up with some "leaked' pictures of your mom and sister and daughter nude so we can check them out

You guys do realise that there is a very good chance these documents were leaked intentionally and are probably mostly fiction / confirm commonly believed rumour / are completely superfluous, right? You do realise that if any of this stuff was really important and harmed American national security it would not be in the news at all?

If those leaked pictures demonstrated that his mom, sister, and daughter were being abused behind closed doors, then yes, those should come forth into the public light.

You guys do realise that there is a very good chance these documents were leaked intentionally and are probably mostly fiction / confirm commonly believed rumour / are completely superfluous, right? You do realise that if any of this stuff was really important and harmed American national security it would not be in the news at all?

Okay. To what end?

As a way to increasingly limit individual rights by raising national defense "awareness", and keep the American public in the "war" mindset to further propel the fascist ideals that are propagating throughout the nation?

Perhaps. More simply though, Wikileaks seems doomed, this may be the ends. Is any of the material really damaging to the US? Much of the material would seem to bolster public opinion at home.

Mindless bloodthirst. You provide no justification for execution, and you provide no insight into why you regard him as a traitor, nor why you seem to be offended as if personally betrayed.

Ron Paul has the right idea:
Re: Wikileaks- In a free society, we are supposed to know the truth. In a society where truth becomes treason, we are in big trouble.

hahaha...it's called national security...you aren't entitled to "know" everything...that's how people get killed...
When someone trots out the 'national security' line, you know they're about to take the liberty. And you know that these leaks have nothing to do with national security, though it will probably flush some of the less desirable politicians out of governments, but what could possibly be wrong with that? In fact, the latest leaks have already claimed a victim in Germany, and we're only just past cable 600.

And who exactly has been killed because of the release of the diplomatic cables? Oh, that's right: no one. Did you buy into Hillary's 'countless lives' hyperbole?

although ...I guess by your way of thinking, it will be cool and "transparent" if someone can come up with some "leaked' pictures of your mom and sister and daughter nude so we can check them out
The state is not an individual, so it should not generally have any right to privacy as the individual is--or should be--entitled to. The state should be held to the highest standards imaginable by its electorate. The state shouldn't do things if it doesn't want its employers to know about them.

Perhaps. More simply though, Wikileaks seems doomed, this may be the ends. Is any of the material really damaging to the US? Much of the material would seem to bolster public opinion at home.
Doomed how?

wikileaks doesnt target anyone. its not like they go "get" leaks or make them happen. if someone has documents they feel the public should know about, they can give them to wikileaks and they will provide a place for people to view them.

One a child could believe that.

If that little creep had attacked Russia or China in this manner he would be dead by now, the US is clearly a target of his desire and he has already gotten people killed. The only real question is who the little creep is actually working for, he DID NOT get this volume of information from lone wolf individuals alone, no way.

We will likely just follow the laws in place.

Oh ok.. given the crime is releasing classified information to a non-governmental and foreign third party with the purpose of subverting a war effort, while serving this country as a member of the military.. that falls under espionage or treason. So yea.. he'll get a choice of his method of death if prosecuted correctly.. maybe life in prison if he's lucky.

Oh ok.. given the crime is releasing classified information to a non-governmental and foreign third party with the purpose of subverting a war effort, while serving this country as a member of the military.. that falls under espionage or treason. So yea.. he'll get a choice of his method of death if prosecuted correctly.. maybe life in prison if he's lucky.

Yep. Treason may get you a firing squad. I feel there may be grounds for a treason charge, but I don't know all the details.

Who got killed? Do you know something that every major media outlet doesn't?

Been living under a rock?

You must have missed the Taliban’s statement than Afghans named in the Wikileaks files as cooperating with the coalition would be “punished". What do you think “punished" means coming from fanatic savages? Are so naive as to assume that people who shoot little girls in the head for going to school are not killing those named Afghans as we post.

Lebanon's Defense Minister is quoted in these documents as telling the US Government Lebanon's army would stand down if Israel went after Hezbollah, Hezbollah almost certainly assassinated former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Harriri. What do you think Hezbollah will do to this Defense Minister, send him roses.

There is no question of if but only of how many people Assange has gotten or will get killed.

You must have missed the Taliban’s statement than Afghans named in the Wikileaks files as cooperating with the coalition would be “punished". What do you think “punished" means coming from fanatic savages?
Threats are not corpses.

Wikileaks twitter shows a lot of alternative links so I doubt it’ll be closed any time soon
and complete images of the site is all over TPB and other torrent sites

Tell that to their families when they get there heads cut off.
Not any worse than slaughtering a bunch of news guys and then slaughtering the people who come to pick up their corpses.

Silence and secrecy kills a lot more people than transparency and honesty.

Shutting down facebook would make my day. Mark Zuckerberg can go to hell.

This isn't about "freedom" either, ownership != freedom.

You must have missed the Taliban’s statement than Afghans named in the Wikileaks files as cooperating with the coalition would be “punished". What do you think “punished" means coming from fanatic savages? Are so naive as to assume that people who shoot little girls in the head for going to school are not killing those named Afghans as we post.

Lebanon's Defense Minister is quoted in these documents as telling the US Government Lebanon's army would stand down if Israel went after Hezbollah, Hezbollah almost certainly assassinated former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Harriri. What do you think Hezbollah will do to this Defense Minister, send him roses.

There is no question of if but only of how many people Assange has gotten or will get killed.

Threats are not corpses.

@Fattypants, how can someone type all that and not realize they just contradicted their own argument. I guess if Sarah Palin says it and Glenn Beck quotes Palin and Rush qoutes Beck, well it just becomes fact. ;)

What amazes me are people talking about prosecuting them. News flash geniuses they are a media outlet, it's called freedom of the press.

Ya, sorry buddy, but I'm pretty sure if you read Amazon's terms of service there is a section that says "No illegal materials," and so on. Well this is stuff that is starting to cross that line. Perhaps just hosting the material isn't illegal, perhaps Amazon also isn't really interested in fighting that fight. It is murky legally and you just aren't that big a customer.

WOW, I see USA's gov media campaign against WikiLeaks/Assange is really effective. One can only hope the majority does have a brain, but just isn't so vocal (although the examples of the brainwashed here are laughable, with childish logic and all).

I was kinda thinking the same >_< hasn't the Air Force Cyber Team locked down similar things before like terriost websites and such? And they had advance warning that it was going online.

Yep. Treason may get you a firing squad. I feel there may be grounds for a treason charge, but I don't know all the details.

Do you even know what treason is? Because from what I'm reading, you don't. It's even more ridiculous you "feel there may be ground for a treason charge" when it's quite obvious you have no idea.

"What amazes me are people talking about prosecuting them. News flash geniuses they are a media outlet, it's called freedom of the press."

"it's called freedom of the press."

is it freedom of the press if someone leaks photos of your daughter naked or pics of your handicaped mom on the toilet?... it's all 'freedom of the press" and "1st amendment" as long as it backs up a liberals opinion or bullshit story....news flash bonehead , you aren't entitled to "know" everything

Back