WikiLeaks Accuses 'Cowardly' Amazon of Lying

hahaha...Chairmanblow "knows" for a fact thet no one has been killed because of these leaks...wonder what other secrets he/she knows...hmmm...doubtful any

Legal challanges against Assange might be iffy, but PFC Manning will go down hard for this. Last time I checked 52 years in jail is the max sentence, and he will likely get the max on something this...and IMO he deserves every bit of it.

"What amazes me are people talking about prosecuting them. News flash geniuses they are a media outlet, it's called freedom of the press."

"it's called freedom of the press."

is it freedom of the press if someone leaks photos of your daughter naked or pics of your handicaped mom on the toilet?... it's all 'freedom of the press" and "1st amendment" as long as it backs up a liberals opinion or bullshit story....news flash bonehead , you aren't entitled to "know" everything

Strawman is rife.

Are you honestly comparing naked pics of someone's handicapped mom to government documents? Do you honestly think these things are one in the same?

If you answer yes, or even maybe, don't bother responding to this post because we can go nowhere.

IMO, if documents are deemed classified, then it is illegal to publish those documents w/o prior written authorization. End of story. Doing so many times over I believe is considered a capital crime as it would fall under treason (from the PFC that leaked some of the documents).

Treason is defined as: "..citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavour"

The PFC's actions falls into that definition above (even if vaguely).

I believe there is more at work than stated. However, I do believe that if any of those documents were damaging to the US, all US media outlets would be banned from talking about them. All you have to do to get a media outlet from talking about a subject is ask "Do you want to be invited back to the White House for future press conferences?" End of story.

you either have total freedom of the press or don't...you either have a first amendment right to say what you please or you don't...i don't believe either example is "ok'...and i don't think liberals get to choose when either "freedom of the press or speech" applies

Treason is defined as: "..citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavour"
The PFC's actions falls into that definition above (even if vaguely).
So does criticizing government officials, organizing protests, and failing to show up for work on time (hey, reduced productivity will embolden our enemies!)

Of course they stopped hosting Wikileaks because of government pressure, but they're a private entity and they are completely free to stop hosting whatever they want. Hosting is one industry that actually has plenty of competition and website hosting isn't a life/death industry, so there's really no problem with Amazon saying 'You know what, this is causing us more hassle than any money we're making off it, let's drop this site.'

Amazon is not a private entity.

Amazon is a private company. They can shut down whatever site they host without reason.

Facebook has NOTHING to do with Amazon.

Though Amazon did take down that "pedophilie" book, so they are not immune to public pressure.

Amazon is not a private entity.

Back