Wii Virtual Console

Langford

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone picked up any rumors on whether any of the old GB, GBC, or GBA games will be making it onto the Wii virtual console? I'm not a fan of portable tiny screen gaming, but can think of a few I would like to have via Wii. I'd like to fill in some nice little collections in my list of Wii channels, and do so without having to having to wink and nudge about it in polite conversation.

hmm I haven't heard anything like that but it would be pretty sweet. There were several gba games I never played because mine got stolen and I never bothered to replace it.

All these systems

Pong, Colecovision, Intellevision, Commodore, Atari (all of them), MSX, Sega Master System, Turbografx CD, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Phillips CD-i, Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Neo-Geo CD, Apple Pippin, 3DO, GP32X, N-Gage, GB, GBC, Game Gear, Atari Lynx, Wonderswan Color, Neo-Geo Pocket, Sega Saturn, and Sega Dreamcast

will be on the Virtual Console pretty soon i hope this generation lol. Most likely only a few will be on it though.

Heres of releases coming up and also here ;)
or here also
I heard gameboy games might comes to the vc but i also heard they might not so don't hold your breath yet basically ;). Theres lots of new games coming up on it. Hopefully rare will release goldeneye soon:cool:. I think the vc has loads of potential. I heard square doesn't want to release on the vc since they think their games are worth more than what is being sold on the vc. Very stubborn developer :). Mostly though, theres going to be some good games coming up. You'll never have to put away your wii since there will be an endless amount of games to keep you busy until the latest games come out :cool:

All these systems

Pong, Colecovision, Intellevision, Commodore, Atari (all of them), MSX, Sega Master System, Turbografx CD, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Phillips CD-i, Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Neo-Geo CD, Apple Pippin, 3DO, GP32X, N-Gage, GB, GBC, Game Gear, Atari Lynx, Wonderswan Color, Neo-Geo Pocket, Sega Saturn, and Sega Dreamcast

will be on the Virtual Console pretty soon i hope this generation lol. Most likely only a few will be on it though.

These consoles are absolutely not guaranteed to ever make it to this iteration of the wii's vc. Sega CD, Neo Geo CD, Saturn, and Dreamcast would require an hdd attachment, as they are far too big to fit on the wii's internal memory. Neo Geo is pushing it already, as one game can take up a quarter of your memory. Not to mention the speed issues with a dreamcast emulator (possible, yes, but not proven on a 700 mhz cpu) and the difficulties in the saturn's 2 motherboard architecture. Even if they release a hard drive (which they probably will) the saturn will in all probability never make it to vc.

Pippin...GP32X....N-Gage...gimme a break...

gameboy would be great though, there's some classics I would definately consider buying (mario, castlevania, links awakening)

Back