Wii U vs PS4 right now

Mccaula718

Gawd
I keep reading all the news that the wii u is a failure yet I find myself playing it more than my ps4. As of right now, there are no ps4 games I want to play(infamous second son will obviously change that). I don't personally find it a failure but a great second console. I can't find a reason to buy a xbone and a ps4 but I can make the argument to buy ps4 or xbone plus a wii u.

in terms of sales, it's quite clear that there is no comparison.... in terms of games, the Wii U at this point in time has much better first party titles....

Luigi U
Dr Luigi
Lego City Undercover
SM3DW
DK Tropical Freeze
NES Remix 1 and 2

up coming title releases
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros Wii U

Is it a failure in terms of what Nintendo was hoping for? Yes

Could Nintendo have done things differently? Yes, advertise, advertise, advertise

Is it a failure from a gaming point of view? Absolutely not.

but when marketing takes a first seat it can and usually does overhype the product in question and in many cases takes away funds that could be going towards the actual title or console in question. ALA EA is a brutally perfect example, as much if not more of their funds go towards the actual marketing of it yet overall piss poor representation of the actual product, then you get something like WoT devs seemingly massive marketing budget yet horrendous ability to make it as it is, and function properly.

Nintendo may not put uber tons of marketing nor have all the fancy bells and whistles I don't think they ever had, but what they do, they do extremely well, fun, ease of use, and interesting choices both in games and the actual hardware side, it is gaming distilled.

I would love to see remakes of Desert Commander/Conflict/Super Conflict, Metal Marines and a few others, see that is the thing, many other companies need to heavily promote their games OR do it for no damn reason say like BF series, NFS series, COD series etc, they are extremely well known it just waste $ and production time, and it really really sucks when they overhype underdeliver especially when you see various "polished" trailers, however when you see for example metal gear trailers, or even some final fantasy trailers its OMG! I got to get that.

Mario Kart 8, and I hope they also make a new bomber man just love those, stupid simple fun.

In sales, Wii U is more or less a comercial failure at the moment. As a console, no. Its a good console with good games, problem is the poor marketing and reliance on new thing (the gamepad with touch screen) thats widely considered a gimmick. Its up to Nintendo to prove that its not.

Back