Wii U’s New Mario Kart 8 Trailer

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The Wii U is regarded as the red-headed step-child in the console world and has to come out swinging at every turn just to stay competitive with its big brothers. Nintendo is betting heavily on the success of Mario Kart 8, due for release in May, to jump start their sales numbers.

Give up Nintendo, and just become a software game developer. No one needs your hardware, its the games that are fun.

WOW did anyone else notice the name of the sports drink around 0:48???

Give up Nintendo, and just become a software game developer. No one needs your hardware, its the games that are fun.

And you cant play nintendo game on anything but nintendo consoles legally.

I will buy... As long as it includes a free Wii U... And until then I will stick to Mario Kart Double Dash on the Gamecube.

Haters gonna hate, but my Wii U sees almost as much use as my PC. PS4 and 360? Not so much. I hope Nintendo keeps going, I have way more fun playing pretty much everything I have on it than I do on almost everything else.

Haters gonna hate, but my Wii U sees almost as much use as my PC. PS4 and 360? Not so much. I hope Nintendo keeps going, I have way more fun playing pretty much everything I have on it than I do on almost everything else.

Same here, I've enjoyed playing Wii U with my family. My PC is for myself.

What I learned from this video:
Mario Cart 8 is rated 3 stars by some lady named Peggy.
Mario Cart 8 is played with the camera pointed behind you.
Mario Cart 8 has music that could be from The Love Boat.

Every Mario Kart is almost the exact same game. Most of them have about 75% recycled coarses. I would love to know what takes Nintendo a year and a half to get this game out. Like, why wouldn't this be a launch title?

"PEGI 3".. Lol, does that mean its rated for ages 3 and up? It certainly looks like it,

Last time I played Mario kart was n64 in '97 .. Mildly amusing at the time but ultimately a kids game.

Sadly, Mario Kart Wii looks just as good emulated with Dolphin. I would gladly by the game and enjoy it with my wife if I didn't have to buy a stupid console. Fucking exclusivity

Lol I guess you forgot the Wii sold 17 quintillion units. Although I agree with you they make the stupidest fucking decisions when it comes to making hardware. It's almost like they intentionally handicap themselves for who knows why. They Wii lost cross platform games because the hardware was underpowered. So they do it again? The fuck is going through their minds? And that tablet controller? Whoever is making the decisions on hardware at Nintendo has ascended to his pure form as Maximum Overtroll at this point.

My kids love their WiiU. Nintendo is the only console that has more games for younger children. Yeah, Xbox has a couple, so does PS#, but Nintendo has more.

As a parent with younger children, the Wii or WiiU are great systems. Me? I use a PC for games ;)

Why does this game look like it still uses N64-era graphics?

Mario-Kart-64.jpg

reallly?

the ss is on an emu with texture at 8 times the native resolution also....

I love Mario kart as much as the next guy, but are they seriously using the same freaking levels again....

I saw moo moo farm, luigi circuit, mario circuit, moonlight highway, Rainbow road, DK Jungle, that stupid beach

It just looks like a remake-of-a-remake-of-a-remake nothing really new or exciting.

They should make an M-rated version of Mario Kart in the vein of Carmageddon or Twisted Metal, where you can run over Mushroom Kingdom citizens for bonus points and blow other drivers up with C4-laced Koopa Troopa shells.

I guess I'm just easier to please, but I'll be enjoying this when it comes out. Unlike Highlander, I feel I can enjoy more than one platform for gaming without the universe tearing itself to pieces.

I dunno, seems like a case of played one, played them all =/

It's like Nintendo's Madden or something.

I would buy this game to just drive around on the remake of my favorite track of all time, Rainbow Road N64. Sadly I will not buy a Wii U just for that though :mad:

Make this for the Wii and I'll buy it!

Wow what is up with all the hate in this thread? I'm just as much PC master race as the next guy, but leave Nintendo out of it, they make some damn fine games and this one is looking to be no different. This game runs 1080p 60fps and looks damn gorgeous in my opinion. The naysayers who think Mario is just for kids probably don't have many friends that actually hang out with them in person cause playing Super Mario 3D world last year with friends is one of the best gaming experiences I've had with friends. Same will be said for Mario Kart 8 and the new Super Smash Bros when they come out.

The graphics look pretty good to my eyes. Not as good as Super Mario 3D land, but still noticeably better than any other Mario Kart game I have played. That's good enough for me as long as the game is at least as fun as others in the series. To those that feel "disappointed", what did you honestly expect?

The naysayers who think Mario is just for kids probably don't have many friends that actually hang out with them in person

Here's the problem with that anecdote. My friends don't watch Barney. We're about 25 years past that.

I get so tickled at people who bash the WiiU.... I see no difference in how the WiiU has done compared to any other Nintendo console in the last ten to fifteen years. The Gamecube started slow and never really took off and yet it's still one of the most beloved Nintendo consoles save for the venerable N64. The Wii enjoyed a strong start thanks to it's unique control interface, but didn't really enjoy the popularity of the Xbox 360 and PS3. Hell even the 3DS which is currently super hot didn't really take off until mid 2012, and really seems to have hit it's stride last year.

You PS4 and XBone fans can enjoy your Super Call of Duty 12: Alien Bloodbath's and the like, I am and freely admit to being a Nintendo fan and I am sure despite the WiiU's lack of popularity now, I will get some quality and enjoyable gaming out of the WiiU for years to come.

As much as I hate to use such a cliche`d line, someone earlier in the thread said it best: "Haters gonna hate"

Now, if only they would hurry up and get a REAL Zelda title out... (No, not the stupid Hyrule Warriors game they've been teasing...)

Morons over at Nintendo should have led with this game not release it almost 2 years after launch!

On that note my kids and I are still playing N64! Forgot how awesome Diddy Kong racing was! :D

Nintendo wants to control the ecosystem, much like Apple does. What's unfortunate for Nintendo is that they don't really seem to know what people want in their games.

They nailed it with the Wii by giving people a lazy way to play sports at a reasonable price point. The Wii U cost too much and has, to this point, offered too little for most people. I ADORE my Wii U, it gets more of my game-playing time than my other consoles, but the new DKC is "just" another DKC game. The Mario games, as fun as they are, have been done before and offer very little in the way of "real" innovation. Don't get me wrong, those games are all great and a ton of fun, but they're getting a bit stale. And with indie developers dropping similar quality games at lower price points, Nintendo needs to rethink their development strategy. Nintendo Land is as underrated a title as any console has ever had, though.

For the record I love the Wii-U tablet and all.

My family plays the hell out of the wii-u, I play PC mostly,

My only complaint with the wii-u is the lack of expected 1st party games; Mario cart, Wii-U specific Zelda, smash brothers all should have been launch or near launch titles.

Given that the DS is so damn popular -- so many of them could be almost direct ports. The games that use the two screen effectively are great. I mean RPGs that use the small screen for a map/inventory, the Windwaker HD made damn good use of the little screen.

Back