Wii U games for me and my 5year old?

Ingonuts13

[H]ard|Gawd
Guys

Just picked up a Wii U so I can play Mario Kart 8 with my son. Not sure which other games are local multiplayer and toddler friendly. We play a little Xbox One Lego Superheros and Fifa soccer from time to time. He seems to love racing and Forza is a bit boring for him. We tried Lego Hobbit but that game was slightly too hard at times. The Marvel game was easier.

Which games should I be looking at? Pikmin? Super Mario 3D? Lego City Undercover?

Would love some suggestions

Me and my 4 year old are sitting here playing Mario kart 8, he really likes Mario 3d world also. I have been buying cheap Wii games also for him to play.

LEGO Undercover
LEGO Batman
Mario 3d World
Skylanders - This will be the time suck for him (It is for my 5 year old).

LEGO Undercover
LEGO Batman
Mario 3d World
Skylanders - This will be the time suck for him (It is for my 5 year old).

My wife and I talked about skylanders, we think maybe to wait till Christmas for that one.

Lego Batman.... is it as easy to play as Lego Marvel Superheroes?

I guess I need to pick up 3D World for sure based on several suggestions.

Can anyone tell me how the eshop accounts work? I just set up Miis for everyone in the house but only my Mii has an Eshop link where I bought a few games. Is that the best way to do it?

My wife and I talked about skylanders, we think maybe to wait till Christmas for that one.

I guess I need to pick up 3D World for sure based on several suggestions.

Can anyone tell me how the eshop accounts work? I just set up Miis for everyone in the house but only my Mii has an Eshop link where I bought a few games. Is that the best way to do it?
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...sion/L3RpbWUvMTQwMTgzMjk0Ny9zaWQvU3lVWjZXVmw=

Each Nintendo Network ID can be associated to one Wii U console and one Nintendo 3DS family system.
Once a Nintendo Network ID has been associated to a Wii U console, it can only be moved to a new user on the same console where the account was originally created.
Your Nintendo Network account and Club Nintendo account are separate, and each has its own username and password. For assistance with linking an existing Club Nintendo account, click here.

Honestly, you should leave it the way it is to not over complicate it. One account that does all the eshop buying and what not. Everyone can play anything you download. You can't add another NNID to it anyway.

Honestly, you should leave it the way it is to not over complicate it. One account that does all the eshop buying and what not. Everyone can play anything you download. You can't add another NNID to it anyway.

Thank you, it seemed overly confusing to me at first but then I set it up this way. Guess thats the way to go about it then.

Really digging this Wii U, its a refreshing change from the Xbox ecosystem.

You get the 5.0 update?
The Quick Start is a really nice addition. Launch straight into your games without having to wait for the console to boot.

Also, I am sad that noone recommended The Wonderful 101.
It should be expected however, the way Nintendo released it, they don't care about it either...
There is a demo for it on eshop. Really fun game and quite unique. If your kid is into super heroes and such, he might love it.

The console updated this morning as I was leaving for work. Have not checked it out yet.

Wonderful 101 hmm this I have not hear of. Thank you I will check it out. We love superheros at our house.

Lego City Undercover is pretty fun. If he likes racing games the Wii U does have a Need For Speed game that is pretty fun too.

What about Donkey Kong?

Lego City Undercover is pretty fun. If he likes racing games the Wii U does have a Need For Speed game that is pretty fun too.

What about Donkey Kong?

What about the load times on Lego city? Can he play that without me sitting there?

And need for speed hmm, isn't that adult content rated?

Oh, forgot about W101.

DO NOT PLAY THE DEMO!!!!!!! Just play the regular game, MUCH better.

Learning curve will be steep later in the game, but as long as you follow the instructions throughout the game (they show you how to do moves) than its all good.

I found most of the Lego games to be very similar. I recommend Lego Star Wars 1-6, Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel. All these have 2-player pop in/out co-op.

mario 3d world is by far the best game for my 4 years old.

Mario kart menus are a bit much for her. But she still can get around them .

Back