WII U 32gb $200

filezz

Weaksauce
Refurb, carries same warranty as new. $200 bux

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...lse&productId=prod150200&categoryId=cat140077

I bought one and and few people over at anandtech bought one.

Not a bad deal if you wanted one like I did this was a better deal then most of the craigslist things I could find, and I hear from a friend buying these used can be a Pain as they can tie to the owners account.

If you buy Mario kart 8, You also get another free game after you register Mario kart 8. Pick from the following games.

New Super Mario Bros.™ U
• Pikmin™ 3
• The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker HD
• Wii Party™ U

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Mf9RJDcWmALXECxUdPB0Lf3N9Jb2VtRt

Last edited:
I bought this about two months ago. It looked like brand new. Shipping was fast.

Personally I really have enjoyed the WiiU. The system gets unwarranted hate, but the controller really is nice and if you like nintendo's exclusives then you'll be good to go. It also helps that I really like Monster Hunter, have loved wind waker, and believe that the wiiU version of Mass Effect 3 is the best due to controller functionality (I'm normally a PC everything possible guy). I've enjoyed the Mario games with my significant other. Mario Kart is right around the corner, and Super Smash Bros shortly after that.

I tend to agree with the "how so?" question.
They deserve exactly where they sit right now. Nintendo need to wake the fuck up. They need to oust Iwota, yesterday. Hell, even Reggie would prove more competent, but they will never promote a westerner to CEO.

We all know and love the staples, but the same re-hashes(no matter how solid they are) over and over with absolutely no attempt at making something truly new has hurt them, along with shitting out under-powered hardware just before their competition releases their new boxes?

I've wanted an excuse to purchase a Nintendo console for the last 2 gens, but Pikmin and decade old remastered Zelda's just aren't cutting it for most of us, especially at their current retail price.

Nintendo NEEDS new IP's, period. Whether it be a big budget action game to compete with the Cod's or something to simply force us hardcores to sit up and listen. These guys make some of the finest games in the world, but someone needs to wake them up to 2014.

Thanks OP, i may pop soon, but it's still a no.

Tempting... Getting a Wii U in July for my daughter for her birthday. Only title im concearned about is mario kart (were still rocking mario kart on the GC). so im not in a hurry right now since Mario Kart 8 isnt even out yet.

I'm not buying any more Nintendo products until their hardware joins the 21st century and they rededicate themselves to making great video games aimed at people that love video games.

Nintendo totally lost their way ever since Gamecube and if they don't find it soon I expect them to go bankrupt before 2020 and have their IP acquired by Sony, Microsoft, et al. Don't sneer, it's not far off. :(

How about keeping the stupid fucking banter and opinions on what you think Nintendo should or shouldn't do in the gaming subforum?

It's indeed a decent deal, OP, and I apologize for the people dumping in your thread.

got one for the same price last christmas. Very good deal.

Personally I really have enjoyed the WiiU. The system gets unwarranted hate, but the controller really is nice and if you like nintendo's exclusives then you'll be good to go. It also helps that I really like Monster Hunter, have loved wind waker, and believe that the wiiU version of Mass Effect 3 is the best due to controller functionality (I'm normally a PC everything possible guy). I've enjoyed the Mario games with my significant other. Mario Kart is right around the corner, and Super Smash Bros shortly after that.

Agreed. Wii U is the best version of Mass Effect 3 in my opinion as well. I have Mario Kart 8 on preorder and will register it to get a free copy of Wind Waker HD as I've yet to play Wind Waker on any platform.

Ive owned my wii u for a couple months now and i can say that more power is not necessary. I love their first party titles. They are better than any of the fps games on the current gens. The system's calabilities is perfect for nintendo's art style.
The wii u kicks ass if you appreciate nintendo games.

Eh, I wasn't trying to start a war in a hot deals thread which is why I'm not replying to comments directed at me. I was simply trying to say "good deal" while justifying the reasons to buy.

Last edited:
How about keeping the stupid fucking banter and opinions on what you think Nintendo should or shouldn't do in the gaming subforum?

It's indeed a decent deal, OP, and I apologize for the people dumping in your thread.

How bout no. We could just as easily tell you to keep your fucking opinion to yourself, yes? It's called conversation and dialogue. The OP was thanked nonetheless. Lighten up kiddo.

Well this is a great deal on an excellent system; I'd pick it up if I didn't already have one. A great friend picked up the ebay deal for a new Wii U for $250 with the mario and luigi U games. That is a similar if not better deal in some respects.. Although Nintendoland is fun.

I'm not buying any more Nintendo products until their hardware joins the 21st century and they rededicate themselves to making great video games aimed at people that love video games.

Nintendo totally lost their way ever since Gamecube and if they don't find it soon I expect them to go bankrupt before 2020 and have their IP acquired by Sony, Microsoft, et al. Don't sneer, it's not far off. :(

Last I checked the handheld division has been golden (before and after the gamecube).. Hell, the Wii was pretty awesome as well but the lack of HD killed it, big time. I loved the games but once I upgraded to a HD TV it was a total bummer.

Also, Nintendo has enough cash to stay afloat for a long while. Sony is the one strapped for cash and doing everything it can to stay alive. By 2020 it's possible you won't see any more playstation devices. Hell, the Sony name may be nothing by that time. It's Sony, not nintendo, who may have to sell off their IPs.. They are already selling everything else.

The system gets unwarranted hate
If this thread is any indication, most of the hate is coming from people who have never played the games or owned the console. Furthermore this is [H] after all so a lot of people here believe specs are important, even though there is really nothing wrong with how games like Super Mario 3D World currently look. People are undoubtedly judging it unfairly, but it is what it is.

Anyway this looks like a nice deal to me but money is a bit too tight for me right now to buy another console.

MarioKart 8 is out at the end of the month - might be a good time to pick up a WiiU!

I'd get it if it came with Mario 3D World and DKC: Tropical Freeze possibly. That with MK8 and it's free game would probably do it.

I just picked up donkey kong tropical freeze, I have the pre order of marion kart, my free game will be Mario 3d..

I'd get it if it came with Mario 3D World and DKC: Tropical Freeze possibly. That with MK8 and it's free game would probably do it.

Does it come with any games? Hell at least the Wii came with Wii Sports (or at least mine did).

Meh, thanks for sharing, but I'm going to wait until it drops another $200 to consider it.

As tempted as I am to buy this, I think I'm going to wait until E3 to see what Nintendo has planned for the system.

Get the following games for wii-u

Mario 3d world, Mario Kart 8, Super mario bros. U , Zelda Windwaker HD, Pikman 3, Sonic Lost worlds, Rayman Legends, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

I recommend in this order
Mario 3D World,
Rayman Legends,
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze,
Mario kart 8 when it comes out

The graphics are fine in these games!

I tend to agree with the "how so?" question.
They deserve exactly where they sit right now. Nintendo need to wake the fuck up. They need to oust Iwota, yesterday. Hell, even Reggie would prove more competent, but they will never promote a westerner to CEO.

We all know and love the staples, but the same re-hashes(no matter how solid they are) over and over with absolutely no attempt at making something truly new has hurt them, along with shitting out under-powered hardware just before their competition releases their new boxes?

I've wanted an excuse to purchase a Nintendo console for the last 2 gens, but Pikmin and decade old remastered Zelda's just aren't cutting it for most of us, especially at their current retail price.

Nintendo NEEDS new IP's, period. Whether it be a big budget action game to compete with the Cod's or something to simply force us hardcores to sit up and listen. These guys make some of the finest games in the world, but someone needs to wake them up to 2014.

Thanks OP, i may pop soon, but it's still a no.

People were saying the same stuff about the 3ds at one point. Now it does very well.

The wii sold insanely well. You must be crazy to think otherwise.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

People were saying the same stuff about the 3ds at one point. Now it does very well.

This has all been covered in the Console Subsection, the Wii U is not the 3DS or Wii.

I'm tempted to sell my Vita for a Wii U (used/refurbished) and the games I mentioned earlier. Neither platform has much of a future but at least my kids could play Mario.

I don't mean to question your intellect so I won't. Your penis on the other hand (get it?) is fair game.

Quoted for truth. I've owned a Wii U since launch and other than the fact that I could have paid half for the hardware some months after, the games on it have been great and 99% ones I can't get on my PC, unlike what the PS3/PS4/X360/XB1 can offer. The Wii U's value is in the tablet controller and exclusives that can't be had anywhere else :D.

I bit. Was going to get Mario Kart at amazon since i have gift bucks there. But looks like Target gives you one of the wheels to put your remote in for free if you buy Friday or Saturday. $10 value so not a huge thing but free is free. Glad to hear I can use existing wii motes. All in all a $200 console and first A++ $60 game comes with another game, well a steering wheel is just a bit more icing.

I bit. Thanks OP!

I just had someone buy my old Wi, games, and remotes for 150 bucks. I played my Wii more than my Xbox360... The 360 is now just a Netflix box. Haha

Back