WII Super Smash Bros online performance

VladDracule

[H]ard|Gawd
The engineering lounge (IEEE) at my school has an n64 hooked up with super smash brothers. and it reminded me how much i loved/love this game, every day theres me and several engineering students getting in matches inbetween classes.

Im gonna have quite a bit of gift card value to spend at BB tomorrow, so im gonna be picking up a vita and a few games, but im also considering a WII for super smash bros online play. Im wondering if the gameplay online is actually good (no lag smooth, completitve etc) or is it just plain not worth it?

In my experience it was really laggy when playing online, but IMO it is still worth a purchase just for playing with your friends.

thats unfortunate because its easially one of the best multiplayer series out there, what about against the CPU? any good? i dont have people over often hah

It can be pretty fun against the CPU but it is much much more fun with friends. The event matches are very enjoyable as well.

I remember playing this in the first couple months after release at a friends house. We'd be stuck waiting for a lobby to fill for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. Sad thing was all that waiting and the round would be over in no time.

Tho it might have gotten better ? Worse by now ?

It was a mess back at release. The match-making system wasn't friendly, it was usually laggy (not always, though) and like Mario Kart Wii, people started cheating really fast.
I played one guy that seemed to be able to spawn smash stars whenever he wanted.
Still a great game, but Nintendo's online support makes even Sony's seem awesome.

Back