Wii owners are immature?(14 years or younger?)...So says Microsoft

I may think they're right, but I think they're making a dumbass marketing blunder by saying it. They just look defensive and stupid. How's that for bashing?

It's a PR statement; one which makes perfect sense if you look at what market the Xbox is going after. Microsoft is trying to spin the Xbox as being "mature", and the Wii being "childish". That sort of distinction is meaningless to me, but it matters quite a bit to the masses of insecure teenagers out there.

Wow...somebody's sore about Nintendo pummeling their sales. And I'm not talking Sony.

Pieces of crap. Finally their tactics are manifesting themselves in public.

It's a PR statement; one which makes perfect sense if you look at what market the Xbox is going after. Microsoft is trying to spin the Xbox as being "mature", and the Wii being "childish". That sort of distinction is meaningless to me, but it matters quite a bit to the masses of insecure teenagers out there.

I would have to disagree with you there. I’m currently attending high school and the Wii is a lot more popular then the 360 and the PS3. No one is ashamed to say they own a Wii, except when asked if they have touched since beating zelda.

Wow...somebody's sore about Nintendo pummeling their sales. And I'm not talking Sony.

Pieces of crap. Finally their tactics are manifesting themselves in public.

Pieces of crap ? I'd love to hear you elaborate why you think this.

Please oh high and mighty, enlighten the masses.

Where did he use the word 'immature' ?

immature: Of or characteristic of a child

Child would be under 14 in my eyes at least...Again like I said in my first sentance...Its not what he exactly said, but pretty much implied...

immature: Of or characteristic of a child

Child would be under 14 in my eyes at least...Again like I said in my first sentance...Its not what he exactly said, but pretty much implied...

Then tell a mod to fix your title ... and I quote,

"Wii owners are immature?(14 years or younger?)...So says Microsoft."

100% incorrect and misleading. Microsoft simply pointed out what nearly everyone already knew. I'm shocked this even surprises anyone.

Then tell a mod to fix your title ... and I quote,

"Wii owners are immature?(14 years or younger?)...So says Microsoft."

100% incorrect and misleading. Microsoft simply pointed out what nearly everyone already knew. I'm shocked this even surprises anyone.

Read my first sentence in my thread again. Thanks...I didn't use quotes either.

TMicrosoft simply pointed out what nearly everyone already knew. I'm shocked this even surprises anyone.

You're shocked?? As many of us have pointed out, we see just as many adults playing Wiis as 360s, and many of us have parents that wouldn't touch a 360 but enjoy playing the Wii.

I'm shocked that he said something that was so out of touch with what is really going on.

Pieces of crap ? I'd love to hear you elaborate why you think this.

Please oh high and mighty, enlighten the masses.

Because they just implied that only children would play the Wii, knowing full well that they are quite popular with adults. It's a slight at people who chose not to buy their system. Where the fuck did I get high and mighty?

Says K600, a known anti-sony activist.

This is funny =\

I'm not the one running around while saying people work for Sony, am I?

The fact that I despise Sony doesn't change the fact that he spins every bit of negative Sony/PS3 press as something positive. He has absolutely no room to question someone for being subjective and slanted.

K600 makes me laugh. I don't freak out when company execs say something stupid. I have never defended the Sony execs comments, I just don't attack them like you and others do. I find it funny that the people who are so quick to bash the Sony execs are the first to defend the MS execs.

You might be.

llws_a_durley_195.jpg

6' 8"
He is 13. :eek:

LOL!! the guy looks liek he's 22

Maybe he's related to Greg Oden... he's "19" yet looks 40.

IIRC that guy is on the South African team for the little league world series.

K600 makes me laugh. I don't freak out when company execs say something stupid. I have never defended the Sony execs comments, I just don't attack them like you and others do. I find it funny that the people who are so quick to bash the Sony execs are the first to defend the MS execs.

I find it funny that you can't read.

K600 said:
It's a little early to be labeling any one of these systems' main demographic. His comment seems completely off base...people who buy the Wii are all over the place in regards to demographics. That's why it is successful...it appeals a broad spectrum.

Where is the slew of people to bash Microsoft for running off at the mouth again? Sorry, they only do it if Sony says something ;)

I can't wait until I turn 14 next year.

They'll have to talk this sort of shit for a full 1~2 years before they'll get that kind of heat.

Can we get back on topic guys? Anyway around here the wii seems to have a higher age bracket appeal. Mostly due to the young kids being your idealized 360/ps3 !!!!!!s (blood, guts, etc... or it's a shitty game).

:rolleyes:

Read it again. Last sentence is a broad statement. The others apply to you.

:rolleyes: Nice try at spinning yourself out of being wrong (Yet again).

You're right; you don't freak out whenever execs say something stupid. Instead, you calmly spin the information so that it makes Sony look less foolish. You would make a great PR representative.

:rolleyes: Nice try at spinning yourself out of being wrong (Yet again).

You're right; you don't freak out whenever execs say something stupid. Instead, you calmly spin the information so that it makes Sony look less foolish. You would make a great PR representative.

Wow you really are that thick.

I am spinning nothing. I said what I meant and explained it to you since you didn't get it.

I have never defended the Sony execs or "spun" any of their information. They say stupid things all the time and I just roll my eyes like I do when MS and Nintendo execs do the exact same thing. It is no secret that executives for any company are generally out-of-touch with the customers. Do not recklessly throw claims of my actions without any proof.

Anyone who has followed your posts has seen the "proof". Your entire Xbox 360 Reliability thread was full of spin and FUD. Not only is it a ridiculous poll but you even went out of your way to lie about the results.

Here's some "proof" of your consistant, negative tone on Microsoft and the Xbox;

Wow... it wasn't a joke... I might have actually bought a 360 had this been a decent price...

TEH FUCKING LOOOOOSE@!

VoodooChi|d said:
Microsoft is trying to take the lead in the "Exec making stupid comments war"

VoodooChi|d said:
I wanted black and HDMI but for $400... doesn't seem that much to ask...

Then there was the whole episode where you went on a tangent and pretty much gave full credit to the success of DVD to the Playstation 2 (Even after you were proven wrong by multiple sources charting the growth of DVD since it's inception). Then there was your skewed thread showing the first few months of sales for the 360 and PS3 in which you conveniently neglected to acknowledge the shortage of the 360 that lasted well into April of 2006.

That's just from the first page of your post history and from memory.

Word of the day; "Spin".

Example of usage: I ate a pop-tart this morning.
Spin: Sony just called all Xbox fans fairy tarts and that they should go eat a fat one.

You misunderstand Microsoft's quote. Its not that Wii owners are immature. It's just that their balls have not yet dropped.

Anyone who has followed your posts has seen the "proof". Your entire Xbox 360 Reliability thread was full of spin and FUD. Not only is it a ridiculous poll but you even went out of your way to lie about the results.
Are you serious? How was it spin? How was it ridiculous? The poll was in no way skewed to give any results one way or another. I fully admitted to messing up my percentages and even so, the results are plain as day sitting at the top of the thread so I didn't "go out of my way to lie".

What is obvious to posters on this site is you have some sort of inferiority complex and unfounded hate toward Sony.

Here's some "proof" of your consistent, negative tone on Microsoft and the Xbox;
Logic H. Science! Talk about spin. First of all, I have never denied not being the biggest Microsoft fan. I don't have an irrational spite-fueled hate for them like you have for Sony though.

The "proof" that I asked for was in relation to this:
Nice try at spinning yourself out of being wrong (Yet again).

Nothing you quoted from my posts talks about me spinning either a comment I made or a Sony executives comments. In fact the things you quoted are sentiments that were echoed by nearly every person on that that thread.

Then there was the whole episode where you went on a tangent and pretty much gave full credit to the success of DVD to the Playstation 2 (Even after you were proven wrong by multiple sources charting the growth of DVD since it's inception).
I try to avoid threads with you in them because of this crap so I didn't bother setting you straight in there. I never gave full credit to Sony for DVD.

Nice choice of words with "tangent". I guess 2 level-headed replies in one thread is a "tangent" now... what the hell do you do then? :eek:

Then there was your skewed thread showing the first few months of sales for the 360 and PS3 in which you conveniently neglected to acknowledge the shortage of the 360 that lasted well into April of 2006.
There you go recklessly throwing out words again. What exactly is a "skewed thread"?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/25/sonys-playstation-3-selling-faster-at-release-than-xbox-360/

Engadget posted a very similar post on their blog a week or so after I created my post so it wasn't just me who made this observation. Go whine to them about their skewed post.

Honestly, you have to quit this shit. You constantly attack me and other members of this forum. You throw out baseless claims that you can't back up with facts. I don't know what kind of inferiority complex you have that causes you to do this but its a tired act.

seems about right. kiddie looking games attract kids. I know no one with a wii or xbox cause I'm near 40 and rightfully so!

bane says it best!

You understand you both are wasting your internet lives arguing back and forth to each other...? ;)

Back