WII & Netflix Release This Friday (3/26)

You can finally stream movies directly from your WII console from Netflix starting this Friday. Netflix is sending out the WII discs.

Granted... the WII only puts out 480p, still it's something to look forward to if you already have a netflix acct (like me!) :)

wiinetflix.jpg

I use Netflix through my 360 more than all other media sources combined (TV/hulu/dvd/blu-ray/etc). Sooo convenient, sooo much content. Currently me and the gf are watching our way through Dexter :)

Most Netflix streaming movies are only 480p, so that's not that huge of a deal if it's the only system you have.
I absolutely love that feature, though. There's always something I'm willing to watch, and some TV shows are updated week to week.

Wonder what the interface will look like for the Wii. Currently the smooth 360 interface is some of the best I've experienced with any streaming content ever and hell if it isn't on the list I can just hop on my netbook, go to netflix.com, and add it to my instant queue...instantly!

Wonder what the interface will look like for the Wii. Currently the smooth 360 interface is some of the best I've experienced with any streaming content ever and hell if it isn't on the list I can just hop on my netbook, go to netflix.com, and add it to my instant queue...instantly!

Probably alot like the WII channel menu.

does anybody here really own just a wii? The PS3, 360 and PC are all far superior options for this service.

I use Netflix through my 360 more than all other media sources combined (TV/hulu/dvd/blu-ray/etc). Sooo convenient, sooo much content. Currently me and the gf are watching our way through Dexter :)
I tried that, but my XBOX was way too loud to enjoy the movies. :(

Awesome! I just saw that in my email as well. Can't wait to get it and try it out! Perfect timing too since the weather reports are saying there's more rain coming in next week. Looks like I'll be staying inside getting my WiiFlix on! :cool:

I have a NetFlix account and a Wii... BUT, I also have an Xbox 360, so there's no real reason for me to get excited about this. Especially since I can get HD video on the Xbox. Still, for those with only a Wii this is great, and I'd be really pumped for it, if I didn't already have an Xbox.

I'm interested to see how this works and looks (the UI) on the Wii though.

well thats good.. now my Wii actually has a use instead of just leaving a square section on my entertainment center where dust cant collect.. lol

I have a NetFlix account and a Wii... BUT, I also have an Xbox 360, so there's no real reason for me to get excited about this. Especially since I can get HD video on the Xbox. Still, for those with only a Wii this is great, and I'd be really pumped for it, if I didn't already have an Xbox.

I'm interested to see how this works and looks (the UI) on the Wii though.

does anybody here really own just a wii? The PS3, 360 and PC are all far superior options for this service.

yep my family does since everyone likes playing on it when their bored.. im a PC gamer.. owned a few 360's and just kept selling them off after id get bored with them..

Best show on TV. My wife and I love it. :)

I plan on using Wii Netflix as an excuse to move my Wii from the Man Cave to the living room. I hope it works well with a USB loader.

how do you sign up to get the wii disc? I don't remember getting any emails about it or anything.

On the netflix website, go to "Your Account & Help" and under the section titled "WATCHING INSTANTLY ON YOUR TV OR COMPUTER" click on the link for "Watching instantly via Wii"

Back