Wii impressions. Leave your thoughts here!

CopyCat said:
I played it for awhile, and the controller was pretty fun. The games weren't to fun though, and the way it looked wasn't all that great. But that could have just been the set up.

I don't really like the fact that you have to use the new controller for some stuff. I think the basic controller should be an option for everything. I can see myself not wanting to use that new controller...especially if I am not playing with other people.

Well from what I have understood you really don´t have to in most games. But I do like it if you are forced to. I mean the Wii is built around the controller. May take some time before the developers figure out exactly how to use it. I mean it´s obvious that it works :).

Otherwise if you don´t want the controller go for the Xbox 360/PS3 or stick to gamecube/PS2/xbox I would say :)

I don´t want Wii to be hampered by gamers that want to play with an ordinary gamepad... I am not saying there is any wrong with that but Sony and MS is already building solid gamepad consoles would be sucky if half of the games would be optimized for gamepads on the Wii as well...

Now gamepads have been here since the stoneage so developers have a quite decent idea how to use it and the gamers have learned how to play with it but seriously I won´t buy a game for the Wii that don´t make use of the Wii mote in some way...

If it doesn´t you know it´s just going to be the same old controls and I have never enjoyed playing on a gamepad in other then football games :). I preferr joystick for the most part otherwise...

After seeing the commercials for the marvel game and red steel I got to thinking about what it might be like using the nunchuks playing games like smashbrothers or mario tennis. Considering how fun/violent those games were for me and my friends, I can just imagine what it would be like if the game was controlled by flailing your arms about. :D

I can't believe I'm saying this, but at this pointed I am more excited by the idea of playing Wii than I am by 360 or PS3. Rampage looks pretty damn fun... Go figure, super computing power isn't everything.

TheToE! said:
Word brother! Ive got the same plan. I think we'll be in good shape though.Wii tracker site turned up several hundred units within 20 miles of me with a Toys R Us getting close to 100 units.

Now the real question becomes : Will we be able to secure a copy of Twighlight Princess?

yeh, my store got 75+, I would assume most toysrus' to be the same.

Talked to a manager at BB today. Said they are getting over 100 (not sure if its true). I'm pretty sure its safe to sleep in on Sunday and I'll still get one. I use my computer for REAL graphics. The Wii is for true playability and having fun with friends. There's nothing like it.

BTW, the same manager said that FedEx screwed up, and delivered 4 ps3's today at 3pm. I got there 20 min. late. (I would have sold it)

I am excited about the prospects for the Wii. However, after my experience with the Gamecube and the lack of games (in comparison to Xbox and PS2) I feel I might wait this one out until more games are released. I don't even go by "announced" games anymore - you can't play an "announced" game after all... I'm still waiting for Castlevania 3D to be released for Dreamcast. :rolleyes:

With the Wii, the potential is there. What remains to be seen is whether or not Nintendo can capitalize on it or not.

I bought a GameCube before I bought an XBox. Still love my little 'Cube. Glad I don't have to pack up the games when I get my shiny new Wii! Lets hope the backwards compatibility is a bit more...comprehensive than the PS3. As in EVERYTHING JUST WORKS. Hear me Nintendo? Don't mess this up!

Will there be a core type of WII System you can buy for $250 at Toys R Us and Best Buy or will it only be $600 dollar bundel's being sold ?
If there is a Core type System does anyone know if there will be very many of them or will they be few and far between ?

Basic system, and you buy what you want. And like I said, my store is getting 93. 40 are preorders, so that's 53 you can walk in and buy.

Is there a slot on the Wii for the 'Cube memory cards? As long as I don't have to rely on a list of 200 games (150 of them are crap) that work (MS), or a list of 200 games that don't work out of 1000's (Sony), where I can pop in a 'Cube game and play, I will put it away and the Wii will take it's place.

Under my TV is getting crowded: PS2 (Japan), PS2 Slim US, PSX, PSOne Japan, XBox, XB360, Cube, DreamCast, NES, SNES, Genisis, N64, PS3... and the Wii will take the Cubes spot I hope.

Lamont said:
Under my TV is getting crowded: PS2 (Japan), PS2 Slim US, PSX, PSOne Japan, XBox, XB360, Cube, DreamCast, NES, SNES, Genisis, N64, PS3... and the Wii will take the Cubes spot I hope.

Dam thats a lot of console man! I salute you.

Lamont said:
Is there a slot on the Wii for the 'Cube memory cards? As long as I don't have to rely on a list of 200 games (150 of them are crap) that work (MS), or a list of 200 games that don't work out of 1000's (Sony), where I can pop in a 'Cube game and play, I will put it away and the Wii will take it's place.

Next to the gamecube controller ports there are two memory card slots

Lamont said:

it has cube memory cards

Then let us all bow our heads and pray.. pray that all the past, present and future Cube games will work without updates, no patches and no glitches. Let every game have sound and all cut-scene movies work and play to their full potential!! And when I pop in my copy of Hello Kitty Island Adventure, it will work, and I'll be able to trade my mystical scarf of peace with my fellow gamers...

Lamont said:
Then let us all bow our heads and pray.. pray that all the past, present and future Cube games will work without updates, no patches and no glitches. Let every game have sound and all cut-scene movies work and play to their full potential!! And when I pop in my copy of Hello Kitty Island Adventure, it will work, and I'll be able to trade my mystical scarf of peace with my fellow gamers...

You better have a vagina. :eek:

inotocracy said:
You better have a vagina. :eek:
I have one, but it's attached to the wife.. I do have full custody of it though :D

[Had to keep it PG-13]

WTF are you talking about? You like HKIA too, we went LARP'ing that one time. You were KeroKero Keropi, Lesman was Batz Maru and I was My My Melody. You got pissed when I cast a Lv12 Happy Dance spell saying I was casting beyond my level. Lesman used his bake skills to make cupcakes to make you happy, but you just stormed out the garage and jumped in your Kia.

Oh, you left your frog hat... my mom washed it for you though.

as far as i know.. all cube games do work.. mainly because the wii hardware is so similar to the cube hardware.. it wasn't hard to get cube games to work...

i called different walmarts in differnt near by towns

they all say the same exact thing..

"we have 20 to sell, and there are 30 people in line already"

lol...

looks like the wii si gonna be hard to get... lol

I'm torn about getting one, although my wife is deadset on getting one tomorrow. I think I'll split up and have her take Walmart and I'll take Target, so If I get one that will be cool. I had fun playing it last night at a EB, not sure what game I'll buy though, not many at launch looked good, maybe red steel or hell maybe even madden, even though I hate football games.

-Rikus

I'm certainly getting one, but not until they release the black version. I'm not playing nintendo's version of pokemon carts with something as expensive as a console. I'll survive in the mean time, lots to play.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i called different walmarts in differnt near by towns

they all say the same exact thing..

"we have 20 to sell, and there are 30 people in line already"

lol...

looks like the wii is gonna be hard to get... lol

Not to derail the thread or anything, but does anyone find it suspicious that all the walmarts say the same thing?

talley said:
Not to derail the thread or anything, but does anyone find it suspicious that all the walmarts say the same thing?

that's why i'm still gonna go to walmart...

talley said:

I'm pretty sure they're just plain lying about the people there, because when I called my local Target she mentioned last year's Xbox360 launch and said something that makes more sense than those Walmart employees: apparently people would arrive at the store and pretend to shop until store closing, so a line wouldn't even possibly begin until the store had shut it's doors and forced people out into the cold.

Well, I'm in line now, I've been here since about 8 at Best Buy. There were 24 units only and by 8:30, all spots were taken. Right now its about 39 out (according to weather.com) The earliest person was here at 10 this morning.

Rakinos said:
Well, I'm in line now, I've been here since about 8 at Best Buy. There were 24 units only and by 8:30, all spots were taken. Right now its about 39 out (according to weather.com) The earliest person was here at 10 this morning.

Are they doing a midnight launch there or something?

Im tempted to go by wal mart and at least see for myself. Every walmart I called (5 of them) said the exact same thing!

Rakinos said:
sadly, no, some people are just insane in michigan.
lol its funny you say that, i just got back from Meijers and there had to be at least 25 people in the layaway department waiting for midnight.... lol i laughted and left!

According to that Wii finder website, the local Toys R Us is getting 85, but i went in yesterday and they said they are only getting 11, and they were all pre-ordered...i kinda looked at them funny and went and looked at the cool ass military toys! lol

I went to Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart.

Target had at least 20 people in line.
Best Buy had 8.
And Wal-Mart had a huge crowd... 1 person... but he was huge.

Hey.. you East Coast midnight launch people should have them now!!

Target and Best Buy had campers outside both off of Colorado Blvd. Wal-mart had about 20 people in line and gamestop in same lot still had lights on with employees inside. Going to try Wal-mart.

spent 4 horus at walmart...

i was #30.. there were only 20 wii's

i did alittle recon at best buy and target and circuit city as well as Toys r us.. those places are PACKED.. no way in hell i'm getting a wii tomorrow...

i drove by sears.. there was no one camped out... i'm thinking of hitting them up when the mall opens... though i'm not sure if thye even have an electronics department...

I'm about to leave in 15 minutes to go to Walmart and pick up a Wii, hopefully there isn't a bunch of people there-- my wife was there not to long ago and she said she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary like a crowd or people camping.

inotocracy said:
I'm about to leave in 15 minutes to go to Walmart and pick up a Wii, hopefully there isn't a bunch of people there-- my wife was there not to long ago and she said she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary like a crowd or people camping.

a lot of wal marts send everyone to the back where the lay away department is... so most people will not notice the wii people..

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
a lot of wal marts send everyone to the back where the lay away department is... so most people will not notice the wii people..

They made us wait in the gardens section, and they ended up only getting 20, there was at least 50 people waiting, and 100 or so that came and went. It might be a while before I can get a Wii :(

My friend was going to sleep out at a near by GameStop, but he expects to wake up on launch day at 6:00 AM, walk over, and expect to get one.

If you are all saying that people are already camping, and that stores are only getting 20-30, I don't think he stands a very good chance.

ShiningHolden said:
My friend was going to sleep out at a near by GameStop, but he expects to wake up on launch day at 6:00 AM, walk over, and expect to get one.

If you are all saying that people are already camping, and that stores are only getting 20-30, I don't think he stands a very good chance.

At least in my area that seems to be the case, even at the small GameStop people were already camped and there was not a midnight launch. Also note there is 4 Gamestops here within 25 miles. If you are not in line already here to get one already for the stores opening in the morning then you are probablly SOL

Back