Wii impressions. Leave your thoughts here!

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
I would like to see a mario party game.. the controller will breath new life into the series...

True...I haven't played that series in ages (since the N64 releases), but they were SO much fun back then.

quadnad said:
True...I haven't played that series in ages (since the N64 releases), but they were SO much fun back then.

Well, get ready in March then. Mario Party 8. ...yes, 8. Damn that sounds old. Theyre catching up to Mega Man.

UK: I had 2 pre-orders cancelled on me... today one store cancelled the line I was in and another cancelled the raffle they had planned. After all that messing around I went to a 24 hour supermarket that I knew was doing the launch. I got there about 20:00 fully expecting the queue to be full... BUT I WAS WRONG. I was 13th out of 20 and I managed to get a console, wii play and a nunchuck after a really enjoyable 4 hrs waiting.

Everyone was great there, no assholes in the line and we spent a lot of the time playing multiplayer mario kart on the DS. :) Took the console to my mother's house and gave it to her (it was a present)... spent the last 3.5 hours playing wii sports and making miis. It's everything I could have hoped for. Awesome.

Honestly I play 360 and PC and I didn't give a sh*t about the graphics. They looked just right and the gaming experience was like nothing I've ever had before.

Freaking awesome. As an update to the post above: My mother just called to say that 70 year old father (never played a game in his life) just saw her and my nephew playing Wii Play and asked if he could have a go. Amazing.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
I would like to see a mario party game.. the controller will breath new life into the series...

with Mario Party 8, the New Mario Kart, and the New Super Smash Brothers .... Ninnys gunna have the "same room" multiplayer on lockdown. Multiplayer online is great and all, but nothing like having some budz(s) over.

-Originally my Wii remote was aiming about 3 feet high. I moved the sensor bar from the bottom to the top of the TV and it helped a bit, but it's still not great. It also seems to be a little slow, but maybe that's just me.

There is an options screen in Zelda (I think in the status screen with the save option) with calibration settings for the wiimote. I found the targetting to be a bit strange at first but after calibration it was spot on.

First you have to use <- -> to narrow or widen a band to the exact width of your sensor (mine was twice the size as it is a large plasma screen) and then they get you to move your chair forward/back so that your target reticle exactly fills up a circle. Voila! much better :)

Also don't forget that if you move your sensor bar around then you should make sure that is reflected in your Wii Menu options as well.

What is a little sad (well it's a good thing really) about this thread is all the people that are loving Zelda but probably never touched ALLLLLL the other Zelda games because of the perception of previous Nintendo consoles. All I can say is, go and get Wind Waker as well and work your way back from there! They are all brilliant. The same thing will happen with Super Mario Galaxy as well so you may as well grab SMSunshine and SM64 because if you haven't played them either, you are definately missing out. The Nintendo in-house stuff makes most games look like they were designed by monkeys.

I tried that. It seems rather ridiculous that I need to adjust my intended seating to fit the controller. I sit much closer to my 51" HDTV than the guide seemed to recommend.

Yes I was a bit surprised by that as well. I had to move my seat back a bit.

Yeah, it's the controls of Red Steel that's pissing me off. I am gonna give it another go, and if it doesn't work out. It's gonna be one of those games I take back... and I HATE to do it (Take games back...).

I pre-ordered and picked mine up today (the Wii, not Red Steel) as it just came out today in the UK. I found it funny that of all the launch titles, the only one with a sold out sticker on it was Red Steel. Typical that the one with guns and swords in it sells out and yet it's probably one of the weakest launch titles. It got completely slammed in EDGE so at least I was pre-warned and never even considered it.

cb9fl said:
I tried that. It seems rather ridiculous that I need to adjust my intended seating to fit the controller. I sit much closer to my 51" HDTV than the guide seemed to recommend.
Probably not great for your eyes either... =)

I would find it totally weird if you didn´t have to tweak it to suit your preferences???

Do you expect to play every game with no matter what mouse you use and never adjust the sensitivity? Same with gamepads or wheels. They work better with optimal settings for your setup and playstyle of course.

It´s not the same for everyone.

Fantastic... had the whole family together for a birthday yesterday. 10 people aged 9 to 70 all playing it and having a great time.

Was this the thread where it was showing where to get a Wii? Or was it just a post?

MC FLMJIG said:
Was this the thread where it was showing where to get a Wii? Or was it just a post?

it's a post in the console gaming forum. all the threads i've seen refer to specific weekends, and I think there is one up now about getting one the weekend of the 17th.

Back