Wii Can't Set 480p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I have a Samsung 1080p DLP and I just picked up a Wii. I have the provided cables running to my TV however I am unable to set my Wii to 480p. It is only letting me do 480i for some strange reason. The provided cables are running to the component section on my TV.

I have 2 Hi-def inputs which are being used for my TiVo and 360 so my Wii is in the regular A/V slots. Will this not allow me to do progressive scan?

Ah - I was afraid of that. I was not aware that red/white/yellow cables can't do 480p.

Thanks.

Yup.

The yellow cable is plain old school 4:3 NTSC. Component uses three video cables instead of just one - red, blue, and green. Component can do up to 1080p.

IT seems like the people who are able to afford the expensive TV's are the only ones who have no idea to hook it up. Shame and a waste.

IT seems like the people who are able to afford the expensive TV's are the only ones who have no idea to hook it up. Shame and a waste.

Elitist snobbish threadcrap. Give me a break. You're better than this guy, and his awesome TV is wasted, because he doesn't know about component inputs vs composite?

Get over yourself.

No I wont, live with it.

Maybe he can afford an expensive tv because he has a challenging, rewarding, and engrossing job, and doesn't spend his entire day sitting in front of his computer researching av equiptment and criticizing other people he doesn't know anything about for their lack of knowledge.

Hey, its possible.

Being a Linux Engineer really does not involve HD video and audio setup. You make yourself look like a total douche with childish comments on this board.

Being a Linux Engineer really does not involve HD video and audio setup. You make yourself look like a total douche with childish comments on this board.
No worries. Movieesa is just jealous he's going to be watching the Super Bowl on a 20" CRT he got second hand from a hotel for $50 ;)

Yeah - I just hate seeing childish post like this as this is the main reason Kyle is considering the gaming section as a pay to post section.

Sounds like you're upset with yourself because you can't afford a big TV.

Go cry somewhere else.

Thanks all. I am calling this thread "DEAD". I have all the info I need.

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back