Wii Bundle on Sale Now 6 Games

*cough*...

could have mentioned it was just about 700 dollars!

Comes to about $800 with tax and "handling" for me. Way to much for a $250 system which I think will be readily available with Nintendo said to be shipping nearly 4 million systems by years end.

they are ending on ebay for over 500 for the the console before shipping

Why...

Nintendo has already publically stated their initial shipment will exceed launch demand and went as far to say it will be easy to pick one up any time during launch day, and most likely the following day. Why anyone would pay a gouged price for the Wii is beyond me, I forsee plenty of availability and recent inventory numbers coming across the Internet verify this assumption.

Both Walmarts I went to yesterday said their shipments are going to be about half (30 units) what they originally expected (60 units).

That sucks. They may be splitting their shipments. I read that Nintendo has pushed units out for launch but may be replenishing as early as the next day. Also Toys R Us is their official launch partner and most TRU locations will have 120+ units. Wal Mart is actually fairly low on the list for allocation.

Iano said:
Why...

Nintendo has already publically stated their initial shipment will exceed launch demand and went as far to say it will be easy to pick one up any time during launch day, and most likely the following day. Why anyone would pay a gouged price for the Wii is beyond me, I forsee plenty of availability and recent inventory numbers coming across the Internet verify this assumption.

Where did they say this? They said it about their own Nintendo World store in NYC, nowhere else. They never said their initial shipment will exceed launch demand, either.

Iano said:
That sucks. They may be splitting their shipments. I read that Nintendo has pushed units out for launch but may be replenishing as early as the next day. Also Toys R Us is their official launch partner and most TRU locations will have 120+ units. Wal Mart is actually fairly low on the list for allocation.

Where did you hear this tripe about having 120+ units? Unless you're a district manager at Toys R' Us, how would you know this? Even if you DID know this, how would you know they haven't cut the allocations by, in your own words, "splitting their shipments", for any given store?

I'm #4 on my store's pre-order list (FYE) and guess what, they are getting *TWO* units in at launch, therefore I don't get one. While I'd love to believe in the rainbow-shining world of "everyone can get it if they want it", the reality doesn't seem like that according to all news reports and eBay.

and how is this [H]ot at all? if you take the price of the system and add up the prices of every addon in the bundle it comes down to the total price down to the penny.

GoldenTiger said:
Where did they say this? They said it about their own Nintendo World store in NYC, nowhere else. They never said their initial shipment will exceed launch demand, either.
I don't have a link but I read a statement that Nintendo said they will have a Wii for everyone who wants one on launch day. So does that mean for their store in NY only?

These launch bundles are stupid. Ps3 bundle $1,500 wii bundle $700??

80% of launch games suck and also arent the best looking since developers are just learning how to make them.

GoldenTiger said:
the reality doesn't seem like that according to all news reports and eBay.
1. since you asked someone else: got a link to the "news reports"?
2. eBay certainly is an excellent source for this type of information. I love their hardware news channel; I read that all day long.

Hulk said:
These launch bundles are stupid. Ps3 bundle $1,500 wii bundle $700??

80% of launch games suck and also arent the best looking since developers are just learning how to make them.

NBA 07 isn't that bad, and COD3 and Resistance looks good too

looks like the consoles are going for around $400 on ebay now. They must have done a reasonably good job of meeting initial demand. I'll feel better when I have one, I'm just not up to waiting in line for something like this.

these are for sale again at walmart plus you can return the games to the store if you want

It's hilarious that people are on Ebay and various buy/sell/trade sites (like here for instance) trying to sell them for a hefty profit.

I've contacted several Wal-Marts around, 7 had Wii's in stock, only 3 had sold out and are getting shipments later on in the week. EB Games, same story, I contacted 3 and only 1 had sold out.

Fortunately for Nintendo fans, Nintendo didn't "accidentally" manufacture less Wii's like Sony "did".

Gotta love the pie on the faces of the people tryin to scam with Wii's.

Whare are you located they don't have Wii's in-stock within 50 miles of where I'm at.

I would like to know where you guys that have them in stock are located also. I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Im in Canada ;) Nova Scotia to be more exact, and just about every place I know has a few in stock or is getting more this week.

Snooble said:
Im in Canada ;) Nova Scotia to be more exact, and just about every place I know has a few in stock or is getting more this week.
Talk about your misallocation of resources. Isn't everyone in Nova Scotia hybernating by now?

all these console "deals" are dead, can we lock them up till at least February when the prices become reasonable?

I didn't even know these were demanding a premium. I was in CC on Saturday and walked by 3 of them on the shelf (guess they broke launch.) I thought, huh, guess those are going to be easy to come by. I should have snagged one :(

Back