Wii availability

tpfaff

2[H]4U
So, do you guys think it's going to impossible to find a wii, hard to find a wii? Easy to find a wii? Im heading over to my gamestop at about 4 in the morning in hopes of getting one, if I can't find one there, well then im not stopping until I find one. It sounds to me though that they arnt going to be to much of a hassle to get. Do you guys think I could just go to gamestop when they happen?? What are your guys' plans in obtaining a wii, preorders please dont tell me I should've preordered ;)

I'm going to the midnight release at Toys R Us. They are slated to get about 85 (if that PS3/Wii tracker site is to be believed) and I'll be there by 11pm. Can't wait!

Did you preorder because my local toys r us said they sold out with preorders

Nope. A friend called them though and they didn't seem to think it would be an issue. This IS the TRU near Nintendo HQ, so I'd hope they'll have lots. Of course, if I can't get one, I'll just try Target in the morning. I want a Wii, but it wont shatter my world to wait. I've got a perfectly good X360 to hold me over. :)

Even if they sell out at launch, Nintendo will be restocking quickly. They're not having any difficulties with manufacturing these units.

100+ at all of my local three best buys. Mangers have not heard of any plans to be camping out the night before. All the others stores are getting around the same amount with little to no intrest. Only 2 stores I talked to were getting interest in camp outs.

Sadly enough I am probably waiting till Christmas so I can get one for free!

Mississauga, Ontario

My plan of attack is Toyrus at midnight by me, then Bestbuy/CC (next door to each other) on Sunday morn, then Target, Compusa and Virgin Records. If I don't have a wii by then I'm a sad panda!

Best Buy's about 200 yards from my apartment :p

If I'm up at midnight I might tromp over there. If not I might hit Target in the morning when it opens.

So Wal-Mart will have how many Wii's?

I've got one up the road, and may head over tomorrow before the Pat's game.

My local gamestop left a message for me that they are going to be doing a midnight launch tonight. I found this strange, as I have a preordered Wii already. Maybe I better go anyway so I don't miss out on accessories...

I called the local target just to ask how many they'd have and he didn't know and quickly said there would be no camping, store opens up at 8:00 AM.

kabob983 said:
I called the local target just to ask how many they'd have and he didn't know and quickly said there would be no camping, store opens up at 8:00 AM.

yep, just called the target up the street and they said the same thing. Although they said they were expecting around 40 - 50 units. Hopfully I should have no problem getting one.

I was able to order the online walmart bundle yesterday but if they are available in stores tomorrow, i think im gonna just pick one up and cancel that online order because it came with 6 games...

Back