wifi to Ethernet adapter? HP laser printer.

x509

2[H]4U
I had an old router set to bridge mode which I used as a jackleg print server, but that router went to that great recycling center in the sky.

For now I've been sharing that HP printer off a desktop system, but that is a pain. So I'm looking recommendations for an inexpensive WiFi to Ethernet adapter, preferably 802.11ac.

all the other devices in my house are 802.11ac I am running only with the 5 ghz band.

x509

Would be nice if you shared with us where both are located if it needs to go through walls or ceilings , not all wifi equipment is created equal....

Netgear WNCE 3001. It's hard to find but if you can it should do what you need.

Would be nice if you shared with us where both are located if it needs to go through walls or ceilings , not all wifi equipment is created equal....

sure. My bad.

TP-Link Archer C9 router is on first floor. Two desktop systems and printer are on second floor. Two laptops are used in different places on both floors of house.

Netgear WNCE 3001. It's hard to find but if you can it should do what you need.
Thanks. I found this on eBay. Price seems good. and I like that it supports 5.0GHz. But it's not 802.11ac. Not sure that it matters for a printer. But if all my other devices and systems are 802.11ac, what happens when one of these systems tries to talk with the print server that speaks only 802.11a or 802.11n?

x509

Thanks. I found this on eBay. Price seems good. and I like that it supports 5.0GHz. But it's not 802.11ac. Not sure that it matters for a printer. But if all my other devices and systems are 802.11ac, what happens when one of these systems tries to talk with the print server that speaks only 802.11a or 802.11n?

x509
Should be fine as long as it's 5gh it will not affect speeds of your other clients

x509
I wouldn't worry about .ac unless you are sending large print jobs. Doesn't have to be a lot of pages, I've seen some .pdf's take a very long time to process to print, but I'm on Ethernet, so it was purely the printer's processing power at play.

Back