WiFi Speakers - Not Bluetooth - And Connecting to PC

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I just received a pair of bookshelf speakers and they have the option to use WiFi. The software for the speakers is only available for Android and then you can only use the app to play music. However, I need to use my PC, not my Andriod phone, and I want to use my own music program.

Is there software that will allow me to play music from my PC to the WiFi speakers that isn't music player specific?

You'll need to provide the exact speaker's so we can figure out how they work. First thing i'm going to do is look up the manual.

ummm.... that^^ but im gonna guess it might be a long shot.
And, yeah, these are Chinese speakers, so no maual except the rint that came with it. It's very generic. It says to use the app for the WiFi option. I was hoping somehow I could get something Like VoiceMeter and use that. I mean it's a long shot because I'm going to need some sort of software interface with the WiFi aspect of the speakers. The way WiFi devices are usually connected is with an accompanying dongle. If not a Dongle, then software specific to the device, which loads a Windows driver.
https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

It also has a LAN port in the back.

Here is a link to the speakers:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08J7Z8VLJ

BTW, I was pretty blown away by the speakers sound quality and fullness. I had a really low bar for them. I was wrong. For 4" drivers, i was really blown away. For reference, I have a set of Klipsch reference R-51M bookshelf speakers with 5" drivers (passive) . https://www.klipsch.com/products/r-51m-bookshelf-speaker

I'm sort of confused abut how much bass and full sounding mids and highs along with even full, nice sounding mid bass, which is really hard for little speakers like this. For the price, I would probably not recommend then, though, since you're paying for LAN and WiFi that you can't use, unless you want to use their app on Andriod. They do use AptX HD, though. They also have an AUX in.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
And, yeah, these are Chinese speakers, so no maual except the rint that came with it. It's very generic. It says to use the app for the WiFi option. I was hoping somehow I could get something Like VoiceMeter and use that. I mean it's a long shot because I'm going to need some sort of software interface with the WiFi aspect of the speakers. The way WiFi devices are usually connected is with an accompanying dongle. If not a Dongle, then software specific to the device, which loads a Windows driver.
https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

It also has a LAN port in the back.

Here is a link to the speakers:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08J7Z8VLJ

BTW, I was pretty blown away by the speakers sound quality and fullness. I had a really low bar for them. I was wrong. For 4" drivers, i was really blown away. For reference, I have a set of Klipsch reference R-51M bookshelf speakers with 5" drivers (passive) . https://www.klipsch.com/products/r-51m-bookshelf-speaker

I'm sort of confused abut how much bass and full sounding mids and highs along with even full, nice sounding mid bass, which is really hard for little speakers like this. For the price, I would probably not recommend then, though, since you're paying for LAN and WiFi that you can't use, unless you want to use their app on Andriod. They do use AptX HD, though. They also have an AUX in.
these? the link auto-redirects me to .ca if i change it to .com those are what i get. if so, they have bt. that an option? im not finding anything that is universal, everything has an app...

1621387291046.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
these? the link auto-redirects me to .ca if i change it to .com those are what i get. if so, they have bt. that an option? im not finding anything that is universal, everything has an app...

View attachment 357918
Yeah those are the ones. BT with the aptX HD is an option, but I receive these from the Amazon program for free (plus IRS tax 1099) for reviewing them, so I'm trying to figure out is the WiFi is basically a wasted technology on these speakers. My option is that since the app is only available for Android, phone users will be the only consumers that would possibly use the WiFi aspect of the speakers. But then, phone users are usually not interested in the best sound, or lossless, or anything else, really. So they are going to use Bluetooth and be done with it. To me, it's just a wasted expense. However, even if the Chinese company did offer a driver, it would be unsigned, and I'd never load that type or stack into my system anyway. That's why I was looking for another option to pick up the WiFi aspect of the speakers.

Creative use to make a WiFi device that plugged into your receiver's AUX, but it came with a dongle that was a sound card in it's own rights. It's the same method WiFi headsets us - they come with a Dongle, and you don't need to worry about BT aptX LL or anything else, since WiFi is a lossless technology. It seems like there are only two ways to implement WiFi and that's sing a dongle that goes with the hardware (mice, keyboards, etc) or software where you are forced to use the software to interact with the WiFi device.

I'm wondering if I plugged the Ethernet cable into the speakers if they would show up in Windows 10 Network as a device?

Yeah those are the ones. BT with the aptX HD is an option, but I receive these from the Amazon program for free (plus IRS tax 1099) for reviewing them, so I'm trying to figure out is the WiFi is basically a wasted technology on these speakers. My option is that since the app is only available for Android, phone users will be the only consumers that would possibly use the WiFi aspect of the speakers. But then, phone users are usually not interested in the best sound, or lossless, or anything else, really. So they are going to use Bluetooth and be done with it. To me, it's just a wasted expense. However, even if the Chinese company did offer a driver, it would be unsigned, and I'd never load that type or stack into my system anyway. That's why I was looking for another option to pick up the WiFi aspect of the speakers.

Creative use to make a WiFi device that plugged into your receiver's AUX, but it came with a dongle that was a sound card in it's own rights. It's the same method WiFi headsets us - they come with a Dongle, and you don't need to worry about BT aptX LL or anything else, since WiFi is a lossless technology. It seems like there are only two ways to implement WiFi and that's sing a dongle that goes with the hardware (mice, keyboards, etc) or software where you are forced to use the software to interact with the WiFi device.

I'm wondering if I plugged the Ethernet cable into the speakers if they would show up in Windows 10 Network as a device?
yeah the wifi thing is usually proprietary and in a set config, had that with a sonos set. you could try an android emu or maybe this(below) to use the app on windows. i know you want your own music app but i dont think thats gonna happen. you try the nic port?
https://www.nirmaltv.com/2021/02/01/how-to-run-android-apps-on-windows-10/

Back