Wifi sharing

rocketr2

Gawd
Ok I need some help here.
I have a laptop that some how can get a internet via wifi connection from the neighbor.
He was here and put the password, so I dont know it and there is no way I get it. Believed me I've tried. So only this laptop has access to the internet, but I want to see if I can share it to my other devices. I'm trying to connect this laptop which has the internet access, to a wireless router. Trying to connect it via ethernet to the router, which is a Linksys WRT54GS that has ddwrt. From there I want to see if the router can pickup the internet via the ethernet, and then share it.

Install a keylogger, and tell him you need him to put it in again because you had to reinstall.

Or you could just pay for your own damn internet. :D

Or just right click on the Wi-Fi adapter, go to Properties, select Wireless Properties, Security tab, then check "Show characters" lol or am I missing something?

Forget about the password, that will not happen. dont try to help me get the password. Help me with the router. I need to know about setting up the router. Is it possible? Just want to know if this option is possible.

Starting to sound sketchy without the details as I tested the above and it works unless there is something you're not telling us about the laptop.

Maybe try Windows built-in ICS with a Switch could accomplish this? This is a very-----particular situation to say the least. Depends on whether or not you're trying to then re-advertise Wi-Fi to your Linksys devices if you can get it to connect and work via Ethernet. Either way in theory I would say it should work, but in practice there aren't a lot who have experience jerry rigging a network like this.

Finally found the answer to this. Program called Connectify can do all I was requesting. Hope this might be useful to someone someday.

Back