WiFi boosters/extenders?

RapidDog

Limp Gawd
I really annoyed with my Spectrum WiFi at home.
I’ve upgraded to their latest router and equipment tat resides in the office in the house and still the connection drops off when I’m out in my garage when using my iPhone to cruise the internet.
No particular reason. I’ve reset the router countless times. Spectrum isn’t much help...

So, I’ve seen these pricey WiFi extenders at Costco and NewEgg.
I haven’t a clue how they work or how hard they are to set up. I am admitted noob at this sort of thing.
Any help and suggestions on these will be helpful.

Vermillion

Supreme [H]ardness
I really annoyed with my Spectrum WiFi at home.
I’ve upgraded to their latest router and equipment tat resides in the office in the house and still the connection drops off when I’m out in my garage when using my iPhone to cruise the internet.
No particular reason. I’ve reset the router countless times. Spectrum isn’t much help...

So, I’ve seen these pricey WiFi extenders at Costco and NewEgg.
I haven’t a clue how they work or how hard they are to set up. I am admitted noob at this sort of thing.
Any help and suggestions on these will be helpful.

I had good results with the TP-LINK Powerline Extenders. However, it wasn't perfect. In the end the best solution for me was getting a mesh WiFi setup in the house.

RapidDog

Limp Gawd
Well the TP-Link AV1300 seemed to do the job. Easy set up for sure.
I have 5G now in the garage. Only drawback is it played hell with my favorite NPR station on the FM receiver...static.

Supersnake

Gawd
Should you want to, you could stream that NPR station over your smartphone/bluetooth speaker.
Many NPR stations have a web stream player on their web site or have a dedicated streaming app that you can install and use.

RapidDog

Limp Gawd
Well I spoke too soon. The dropping out of the WiFi started again...
Maybe it’s just my iPhone.
Had to unplug the units and reset my house WiFi as it went whack.
Had to reset Netflix on the TV too.
Guess I’ll be sending it back.

CHANG3D

Supreme [H]ardness
In the existence of wireless gateways, there has only been one that’s any good. The odds are that you don’t have a good one.

Buy your own modem and wireless router.

I myself am using a wireless gateway from Comcast because the gateway + 3 mesh pods are included in the cost for having unlimited data with gigabit connection. But I can’t select my own DNS server on the gateway/router side, so that really sucks.

drutman

Limp Gawd
Buy a Motorola modem and upgrade to Ubiquiti access points. Spectrum in our area had horrible packet issues and would drop connections like clockwork.
When we received AT&T gig fiber service we switched and have never been more excited. Our company offers server services and a symmetric upload/dl was a necessity. Plus having a consistent ping under 20 makes a huge difference when gaming online.
https://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966873/wireless-access-points