WiFi and Tablet PC help

deep22

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to setup a wireless antenna for a small parking lot at my dealership. I'm using a Toshiba Portege tablet PC, a linksys WAP54G, and a dorky looking cantenna.

The system is supposed to enable our check-in employee to book in the new cars without ever having the come inside.

It seems the Toshiba wifi capabilities with the centrino thing are limited to wireless B standards? Max rate I can get is 11 mbps.

This stuff is kinda new to me, my first attempt with wireless stuff. I figured with the cantenna that I would be able to point it out diagonally across the lot and that would be enough. I can get halfway across the lot and the signal is at 50%...towards the back of the lot no signal at all.

There ARE cars in this lot and I know they can definitely goof up the signal. I'm wondering is the cantenna not good enough? Do I need a better wifi card for the Tablet? I could use some recommendations, perhaps someone has setup something similar?

You need better antenna's in your location. Perhaps more then one. The tablet can only do so much.

Back