Wife ordered a Wii, which accessories?

Arch

Gawd
So the wife just ordered a Wii from CircuitCity. I know nothing of the console but it seems like there's quite a bit of accessories that one needs to get it up and running. From CircuitCity we're getting:

Wii Console
Wii Classic Controller
Extra Wii Remote
Super Paper Mario

Anything else necessary? We're already looking at getting an extra Nunchuk and the component video cables. Is an SD memory really necessary? Anything else?

Thanks!

Rechargeable batteries... or that kit you can buy specifically for the Wii.

Games:
Zelda (SP)
Mario Party 8 (MP)

Nah, you don't need an SD card. Rechargeable batteries would serve you well.

That's pretty much it for what you'd want. Perhaps a GC controller if you'd like to play the previous Paper Mario title (another real classic). Why no Zelda?

Nah, you don't need an SD card. Rechargeable batteries would serve you well.

That's pretty much it for what you'd want. Perhaps a GC controller if you'd like to play the previous Paper Mario title (another real classic). Why no Zelda?

WaveBirds work ok on the Wii?

No Zelda just yet. We're just starting out. I already have four wavebirds from my GC that I plan to use, which I read should work just fine. I also have the GC memory card which I understand is required for the GC games.

Rechargeable batteries are already on the list. We used to have a bunch but the baby's toys took them all :)

No Zelda just yet. We're just starting out. I already have four wavebirds from my GC that I plan to use, which I read should work just fine. I also have the GC memory card which I understand is required for the GC games.

Rechargeable batteries are already on the list. We used to have a bunch but the baby's toys took them all :)

God I hate baby toys, they use allllllll of my batteries.... And just when you think you got all the toys working, you hear another one dieing. :p

I can't wait for my baby girl to get down on some games with me ;)

You should be all set then sir. Enjoy the Wii!

I'm a fan of the recharge kit, although it's not necessarily the most well constructed item. They do add nice grips to the Wii-mote through.
Other than that, since you have a Wavebird - you might still want a classic controller, too. The Wavebird is obviously the way to go with Gamecube games, but also the N64 roms, too. The classic controller's superior d-pad's the way to go for anything 2D, though.

Back