Wife bugging me to get her a good printer and scaner...

MoFo

Quakecon Guy
she is wanting some good stuff. any ideas that wont take an arm and leg?? willing to give a arm or a leg but not both :D :D

mostly for printing and scanning pics

thanx

I don't know what the popular opinion around here is, so I'll give you my own.

Canon i560

Very good printer, great ink efficiency, borderless printing and excellent quality.

As for a scanner, I've yet to buy one, but the Mustek 5900U looks pretty good.

i have an earlier version of this model (didnt come with flash memory slots) that went for $100 at walmart. very very good quality. when i compare an image after scanning and printing im amazed of the detail. i even scanned and printed a bill which even tricked my dad for a minute. one of the most convienent things featured with it is the ability to be a stand alone black&white/color copier, no computer needed. this one comes with the memory slots which is nice if you have a digital camera or whatever else you can use them for. also its fairly compact and light weight, also the shape makes it easy to transport/pack. this unit is priced at $145 shipped...

HP psc 1350 Multifunction printer
at the egg.

now that im thinking about getting a print (forced by the wife) what about one that prints on CDs??

any ideas

thanx

anymore ideas before we start looking???? she wants one by monday :)

thanx

depends on your budget.

HP PSC1350 is nice, the 1210 lacks the memory card reader and support for the photo ink cartridge.

The HP PSC2410 is nice. It has the memory card readers, combiend with the LCD screen so you don't even have to have a computer w/ it to print digi photos. first all-in-one in the line to have a fax machine too.

The HP PSC 2510 is the same as the 2410 except the LCD screen is larger and it has built in wireless ethernet, which is very hott.

The coolest thing about hp all in ones is you can print a sheet that has all the photos off your memory card. Then you circle in dots next to the pictures you want to print. Then you scan the sheet and it prints the photos that you circled the dot in.

hey, I'm also looking for a fast/good quality prints/affordable printer.

Obviously I don't have very high speed expectations for an inkjet printer thats cheap... but ya know, its worth a shot.

Back