Wierd situation......

Monkey34

Supreme [H]ardness
I bought and paid for some items here....no problem. Now the seller wants to refund my money so I can send it to a different paypal email address.

Sounds shady to me, but I don't know. Opinions? I just don't want to get caught sending twice, but somehow not getting the refund.

If you get your money refunded I don't think paypal will reverse a refund. It might be a case that one paypal is linked to his bank account and he didn't link the right one.

Sounds like the scam of sending you a check that will bounce, say $2000 for a $500 item and then asking you to send the rest ($1500) to another account. So the check bounces and you're out $1500. Does the guy have good HeatWare?

Why don't you just suggest the seller Paypal himself as "Gift Payment" to his other Paypal account?
No Fee's and no need to get you involved in what sounds like an uncomfortable situation.

Yep.
If this is legit somehow, he doesnt need to involve you anyway.
I advise ignoring him.

Well, he asked me first, but went ahead and did the refund anyway without getting an answer from me.

He had good heat, or I wouldn't have bought the stuff in the first place. I guess I'll check to ensure the funds are cleared before re-sending it.

Seller indicates in his thread that paypal objects to hardforum transactions of the nature he is doing.
I also received a refund today as well. It appeared as though the refund was finalized as I had money in my paypal account. I simply re-sent to the other paypal address he indicated via pm.

I guess if anything goes wrong, I'll post back here again.

Seller indicates in his thread that paypal objects to hardforum transactions of the nature he is doing.
I also received a refund today as well. It appeared as though the refund was finalized as I had money in my paypal account. I simply re-sent to the other paypal address he indicated via pm.

I guess if anything goes wrong, I'll post back here again.

Why would paypal object to hardforum transactions?

Back