Wierd Networking Issues / OS Issue

The[H]uman

Secret Agent Man
Okay not sure how to really explain this in not so many words.

This happens randomly so it's not triggered by something what happens is my system say i'm downloading a few things thru FTP and have music streaming * just as a example * I will still be getting bandwith but when i open up IE or Firefox it will not load web pages.

I have gone thru and changed it from 10 to 50 ports with that one tweak i've reset my MTU i've re-installed the network card drivers lets see what else

and it doesn't just happen when d/l stuff it will just stop and nothing i can do except reboot fixes it

so it's not my router cause other systems on the network don't seem to have this problem

Windows firewall is not enabled / no anti-virues software running / etc etc

Running Windows XP sp2 any ideas .. would be great when it stops i can go to a command line and ping yahoo everything and if i have downloads going they will keep going bandwith is there just like windows DNS drops off or something.

I have even gone so far as to delete QOS from my network prot. that didn't help.

any ideas or questions that i can answer that may help ask away

Yahoo - digital4ngel
aim - OoVittoriooO

Thanks guys i've looked on the web etc ..

I've run virues scans and spy bot removal all clean i've done ever avenue i can think of that is why i've finally come to here to get fresh new ideas

Nobody has any ideas .. comments .. any help in any direction would be greatly appreciated

I have looked into this alittle more and found that some if not all of my WMI files are messed up reading up on the web some i have come across doing this

WMI to rebuild its corrupt database.

- open a command window (start > cmd.exe)
- type "net stop winmgmt"
- type "cd %windir%\system32\wbem"
- type "ren repository repository.old" (or alternatively delete it)

so done that not sure if it's going to help i guess if i can't browse a webpage but i'm still able to ping them i will know it didn't work

Back