Wich VNC server/client software do you use?

Lugztaz

[H]ard|Gawd
Like between RealVNC,TightVNC,UltraVNC...etc.

Wich is the best for security and such? And best for dual monitors.

Lugztaz said:
Like between RealVNC,TightVNC,UltraVNC...etc.

Wich is the best for security and such? And best for dual monitors.

ultravnc is the only one i have tried( with the encryption) and it works great.

Ive been using VNC, and I really hate it. Its laggy as hell even on 100Mb LAN. CPU load on both pcs is low, network traffic is fairly low.. I dont know what the deal is.

Naturally I prefer RDC..but in cases where I can't use it...of all the VNC flavors, I've had the best experience with UltraVNC.

YeOldeStonecat said:
Naturally I prefer RDC..but in cases where I can't use it...of all the VNC flavors, I've had the best experience with UltraVNC.

My exact thoughts.

UltraVNC tunneled over SSH. (Work blocks most ports, but not SSH, yay!)

Personally I have always used RealVNC. No real good reason for it... just have used it, and it works fine for me. Still highly prefer RD.

At work, we are using TightVNC. Works just about the same as RealVNC.

UltraVNC.....

If you are using UltraVNC on a LAN use the video mirror driver. It makes VNC perform the same a RDP. Do not however use the mirror driver over a slow link. The extra bandwidth used by the driver may choke some slower connections.

I use UltraVNC at work for the mirror driver and the AD integration. I love being able to control access by security groups and the fact that it's logged with the username in the event long when a connection is made or attempted.

But with RD when you log in you can't see what you had on the desktop when you left right? Or am i thinking of something else :|

Lugztaz said:
But with RD when you log in you can't see what you had on the desktop when you left right? Or am i thinking of something else :|

If you log in as the user that left the program open at desktop..yes you can. With a couple of exceptions. But mostly..yes.

Back