Wich Is The Better Gaming Monitor?

JeffC

Weaksauce
I am purchasing a new Monitor and am having trouble deciding. Would love to know which of the fallowing you think is the better gaming monitor:

$299 - ASUS VE276Q Black 27" 1920X1080 2ms Full HD HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor

$309
- PLANAR PX2710MW Black 27" 2ms Full HD HDMI WideScreen LCD Monitor
$309 - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1080P HDMI WideScreen LCD Monitor
$329 - ViewSonic X Series VX2739WM 27" 1ms HDMI Full HD 1080p Widescreen LCD Monitor
$329 - SAMSUNG P2770FH ToC Rose Black 27" 1ms Full HD HDMI LCD Monitor

Thanks,
Jeff

I'd invest in a 120hz monitor for your gaming needs, if your system can hit 120fps constant :)

Wait one month for the new Samsung/Acer/LG/Asus 27" 120hz panel reviews, then get the best one.

NCX is right, just a couple more days before they release models and were not just talking Samsung, Asus & Acer but also LG, Hans and some other brands.
And from what I can tell at least 2 of those models are better then what is on the market today for the price of 250-400$

any idea when these will be available? As much as I would love to wait another month it is not an option as my current monitor is dying a slow death and driving me nuts as it goes :(

Also what type of GPUs are we talking to run these new models?

Jeff

If you can afford a 600$ 27" 120hz monitor, then you should wait. It could be another 1 or 2 month though... We have been waiting for more than a year now for the ASUS 27", but it never got released:(

Its pretty annoying... no release dates or anything. They earn from our money and still dont give a sh**** (sorry).

If you cannot wait, buy the Samsung P2770FH, and then sell it when the 120hz models appear..

If you HAVE to pick now, go for the Samsung. Like everyone else though, I'd say try to push to wait for the new 120hz panels, it's the way to go for gaming.

If you HAVE to pick now, go for the Samsung. Like everyone else though, I'd say try to push to wait for the new 120hz panels, it's the way to go for gaming.

If there was more info on the 120hz monitors, Like a release time frame and price range I might try to push my current monitor. But from the sounds of it folks have been waiting over a year for these and there is still no information on them. The other problem is I don't want to wait and then when they do launch they come out at $400+ which would b out of my price range.

So I think I am going to buy the Samsung P2770FH for now. Then I'll consider getting a 120hz when they come out and sell the Samsung.

Thanks for the help everyone,
Jeff

Back