Wi-Fi Wireless Cameras Work Without Internet?

Hi guys,
I have a question regarding if this -->https://www.amazon.com/Dropcam-Wireless-Definition-Monitoring-Security/dp/B00LESUX0O (or any other wi-fi cameras) will work without an internet connection. I understand that without wi-fi, the camera will not be able to work, but what if there is just no internet connection. Will it work still. What I mean is that will the camera be able to record to the server on the other end (in this case Nest server).

Currently, I want to schedule in my router to filter my two cameras at certain times of the day to be able to work (record, live stream) and at other times that I don't have to manually block it to have it set to be connected to the internet when I am not home. I have found out that I can do this in my router by filtering the ip address of the two cameras. My question is while these cameras are connected to the wifi, will it still be able to work given that I have blocked it from internet access (I blocked ports 1-65535 and udp and tcp)? Does it matter that I blocked both udp and tcp and blocked every port from 1-65535 including 80?

Thanks

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Most have the capability to record to an SD card, and local LAN access. Then again, some don't, you will have to find the right one.

Most have the capability to record to an SD card, and local LAN access. Then again, some don't, you will have to find the right one.
This one doesn't have the ability to record to SD card nor local LAN. I was just curious whether what I stated above would work if it was simply through wi-fi. Do you know anything about blocking ports 1-65535 and UDP and TCP?

In short it depends on if the camera is recording the data to the cloud or somewhere on the internet, if so, it will not work.

If it is just recording to a NAS or network share or SD card etc, it should be fine UNLESS there is some BS software that requires some kind of successful internet connection test before it will start working. I doubt they would but you never know. (kind of like how you can't print a black text document if you are out of yellow ink in an HP printer).

Back