Why Young Men Would Rather Play Video Games Than Get A Job

If you have to make up rules that means you failed as a parent. Because if you raise your kids with the right values, they do what's right without holding punishment above their heads.
I'm not judging that's just my observation. I'm not even claiming I could do better.
No, its absolutely true. My dad was a cunt when i was younger with all these strict rules, but i was also a little shit to. once i got my act together he let off and everything is gravy. While some of my friends grew up with nazi parents like that and when they graduated and moved out they let loose and went wild. Same as saying the preacher's daughter is always the freakiest in bed.

Indeed. I played video games all day, but I also had a goal of putting in at least 2 job applications a day. Unfortunately I graduated college at the start of the economic downturn, so it took me 3 freaking years to finally land a job...

You save up money for a down payment and closing cost, and budget 30% of your net monthly income to your mortgage payment. If $60k is your take home, that means you can afford up to a $1,500 mortgage payment. If you take out a 30-year mortgage on $250,000 with an interest rate of 3.17%, you can easily afford that and your student loan payments on a net $60k/year and still have enough left over for necessities and other bills.

or ...

You do what my wife and I did. Live cheaper than dirt and save the money to buy your home without a mortgage.

I am not going to tell you it's easy or fun, but if you do it, you will be well positioned for the rest of your life.

In simplest terms, it's far cheaper to save the money for the house through good investments, which means it actually costs you less than to make mortgage payments, and pay far more in the long run.

Last edited:
You know a lot of people go to college for seven years...

Plenty enough people can't go to school full time and it takes them a long time to complete a degree program. Even more so when the college is crappy and always changing the program.

If you have to make up rules that means you failed as a parent. Because if you raise your kids with the right values, they do what's right without holding punishment above their heads.

I'm not judging that's just my observation. I'm not even claiming I could do better.

Not sure why its quoting the wrong person i'm in agreement with the post from the other guys lol not yours M76

I agree with you and would shake the hand of Hooksalot if I knew him personally.

Thank you for raising responsible adults that are ready for the real world.

Life is tough and will chew you up and spit you out if your not ready for it.

His children should be able to handle anything thrown their way, and I hope they continue his teachings for their own children.

Don't worry, current social norms are quickly turning America into a fertile breeding ground for extremists groups. Give it another 10 years or so, and not only America, but the world will be engulfed in utter chaos because of corporate greed, asinine "social norms", and all the rest of the politically correct crap that gets pumped out everyday. The vast majority of jobs which pay well and require educations also require you to continue your education with "refresher" courses, or whatever additional education you have to complete because some law backed by privatized schools was passed. The complete collapse of human society as we know it was preordained long ago when ancient civilizations decided to control how their populations would think using things like laws, morals, and religion. The vast majority of that crap has been perpetually reused because "that's the way its always been..." which is complete and utter bullshit. If you need proof, then just think about some of the most ancient roles placed upon us and try to define them using fair and equal logic.

Define Man and Woman without referring to sexual orientation.

Define Evil without using Good.

Im not an Anarchist, but at some point people need to use their brains and not just base all their decisions from what everyone said before them.

What makes more sense, "Thou shalt not kill or god is gonna send you to hell", or "Thou shalt not kill because the friends of the person you killed are gonna be pissed and they are gonna come and kill you"?

Don't worry, current social norms are quickly turning America into a fertile breeding ground for extremists groups. Give it another 10 years or so, and not only America, but the world will be engulfed in utter chaos because of corporate greed, asinine "social norms", and all the rest of the politically correct crap that gets pumped out everyday. The vast majority of jobs which pay well and require educations also require you to continue your education with "refresher" courses, or whatever additional education you have to complete because some law backed by privatized schools was passed. The complete collapse of human society as we know it was preordained long ago when ancient civilizations decided to control how their populations would think using things like laws, morals, and religion. The vast majority of that crap has been perpetually reused because "that's the way its always been..." which is complete and utter bullshit. If you need proof, then just think about some of the most ancient roles placed upon us and try to define them using fair and equal logic.

Define Man and Woman without referring to sexual orientation.

Define Evil without using Good.

Im not an Anarchist, but at some point people need to use their brains and not just base all their decisions from what everyone said before them.

What makes more sense, "Thou shalt not kill or god is gonna send you to hell", or "Thou shalt not kill because the friends of the person you killed are gonna be pissed and they are gonna come and kill you"?

So the sky is falling, it's just started so high up there that it's taking a long time.

Consistent with this assumption, we find various cultures, springing up independent of each other in various parts of the world. The precise dates for their beginning are not known to certainty. But they all emerged during the 8th millennium BC.

Society is not collapsing and certainly not just because someone said it would.

You see laws, morals, and religion as methods for controlling how a population should think.

Name one law in the United States designed to control how we think. Laws are about controlling one's actions, not their thoughts.
Morals are not a method of control either. Morals are taken from mores, and mores are simply the commonly accept social conventions of a society where individuals determine proper behavior. Morals are not created and used, they just are. And morals are always evolving and being redefined.
And yes, Religions have been used as a method for control, most notably during times in Europe that were without centralized government, the dark ages to be more precise. There was a time in Europe when the Holy Roman Church literally became the government. All governments exert control over their populations, they always have regardless of their form. The Church was fulfilling this need in it's role. That isn't something that easily or quickly disappears or is forgotten, but it can be misunderstood.

Man and woman is about male and female and it isn't any more complicated then that.

Ever seen the experiment where you have a room full of mousetraps loaded with a pingpong ball and then someone tosses a pingpong ball in the room? That pretty much is how a revenge based social government system would work.

You are looking at it wrong.

Now I am not arguing that a parent needs to focus on teaching values. But this is not a list of punishments. It's a list of requirements.

This is not failure, it's a solid list of expectations no different than a list of expectations an employer will demand, or a school requires for graduation.
Not my words. He didn't say expectations. He said rules.

I think demanding that your 15 yr go look for work by a rule, is way out of line.

I had a job when I was 14, but not because my parents forced me to work. But because I choose to work to get some money.

Not sure why its quoting the wrong person i'm in agreement with the post from the other guys lol not yours M76

I agree with you and would shake the hand of Hooksalot if I knew him personally.

Thank you for raising responsible adults that are ready for the real world.

Life is tough and will chew you up and spit you out if your not ready for it.

His children should be able to handle anything thrown their way, and I hope they continue his teachings for their own children.

It's not just about doing things, it's about doing things for the right reasons. Parenting should be about the latter. You can use Pavlovian conditioning to force even animals to do what you except. That's not parenting however.

Why is there even a choice here for this young leech, oops I mean Man. I am 50. I have 4 girls and 1 boy. My rules are as follows.

1) Must start looking for a job at age 15 (My son of 14 already has one)
2) Must have a job through completion of college
3) No job no school sports, functions, parties, etc.
4) If you want a car you must pay for car, fuel, insurance, services, etc on your own
5) If you want to go to a local college and stay at home that is fine, but you must have a job and help around house (not monetary, just cooking and other things)
6) If for any reason you drop out of college you have 2 months to find a place and move out of house
7) If you don't go to college you have 2 months to find a place and move out of house after graduation from high school (unless you go into military)
8) Once you have graduated from college you have 6 months to get out of house
9) If you do not have a place to live after the above has been met then you pay rent of 300 a month plus 1/7 of Internet, utilities, cable, and grocery bill

I must be an ass of a Dad but the oldest 2 are married and living on their own with college educations. 1 getting ready to go to college and has a job, a 14 year old son that mows lawns in summer and works at Culvers part time, and a 12 year old who has not worked yet.

This is nothing but the product of lazy parenting.

I had a job at 15, through college, and moved out at 20.

I am not sure a job during college is the smartest rule in hindsight of my own experience. I did fine but most wouldn't.

As for the actual article... There's lazy asses in all age groups.

I had a job at 15, through college, and moved out at 20.

I am not sure a job during college is the smartest rule in hindsight of my own experience. I did fine but most wouldn't.

As for the actual article... There's lazy asses in all age groups.
I got my Bachelor's in 2.5 years, having classes and labs a combined 8-12 hours a day. No way was I going to be able to have a job at the same time.

I met people who used gaming to pay for their college degree while attending selling gold and stuff back in EQ1/EQ2 and WoW.

Still better than getting involved with Herbalife, Amway, Advocare or other MLM. One can lose money but it is work and counts as work.

My parents have four bedrooms so for college summers I could always sleep there, but pressure got me to do MLM with promises of big money. In another state, actually. But I could have probably rented a crummy apartment for the same loss as MLM. Wait, I paid rent with three other guys in a studio apartment, anyway.

Also they tread or break the line of all the direction, bossing of an employee but you're a 1099-er.

I'm finding it difficult to translate the currency in this. Are you expecting to pay off a starter house within a few years or something?

I think his point was that given the nature of the economy, employment prospects, and housing costs in a particular area, that home ownership seems unattainable for many, even though for a lot of people it is "the American Dream". Analyzing the numbers is difficult without additional information because of the variables involved, but my napkin math suggests that earning $60k puts you outside of the conservative mortgage spending preference of no more than 25 - 35% of pre-tax income being spent on housing and no more than 45% of pre-tax income servicing debt in general (i.e. student loans, car payments, credit cards, etc).

I see the young adults in my family lament and look defeated about ever getting their own place to live. The housing prices are insane at least in California. Even rent is difficult for them.

Not my words. He didn't say expectations. He said rules.

I think demanding that your 15 yr go look for work by a rule, is way out of line.

I had a job when I was 14, but not because my parents forced me to work. But because I choose to work to get some money.

Actually, I think you are right to think so. I also think that Hooksalot is right with his rules.

Maybe I should clarify...... I think it would be wrong for me too interfere with either. I'm not going to come into his home and tell him how to do it and I am not going to berate you for your own decisions.

Kids are all different, one rule doesn't fit all. Hooksalot seems to feel that he was successful and that his kids are on a good path. Who am I to nay-say his results or his methods. All I would say is that I'm happy that his kids seem to be off to a good start. I had some issues with my oldest. I don't think I used the best approach for her. I changed for the second and she seems to have adjusted toward independence much better.

I started work at 14 as well. Construction, working for a sheet metal company. It was my Father's company and Dad felt that he couldn't show his son any preference so guess who caught the shit work. Face it, no 14 year old is going to out work grown adults that are actually trying to work hard. But all of those other guys were happy that they didn't have to do the shit jobs as long as I was around. But that's just the way things go right?

Actually, I think you are right to think so. I also think that Hooksalot is right with his rules.

Maybe I should clarify...... I think it would be wrong for me too interfere with either. I'm not going to come into his home and tell him how to do it and I am not going to berate you for your own decisions.

Kids are all different, one rule doesn't fit all. Hooksalot seems to feel that he was successful and that his kids are on a good path. Who am I to nay-say his results or his methods. All I would say is that I'm happy that his kids seem to be off to a good start. I had some issues with my oldest. I don't think I used the best approach for her. I changed for the second and she seems to have adjusted toward independence much better.

I started work at 14 as well. Construction, working for a sheet metal company. It was my Father's company and Dad felt that he couldn't show his son any preference so guess who caught the shit work. Face it, no 14 year old is going to out work grown adults that are actually trying to work hard. But all of those other guys were happy that they didn't have to do the shit jobs as long as I was around. But that's just the way things go right?
I specifically said that I'm not saying I could do better, and I'm not trying to judge. It's just an observation I made. That in parenting the methods are more important than the end result.
But really the only thing that made me uneasy was the part where he says "15 year old must find a job" That's crazy. I'm immediately thinking child labour reading that. Now saying that if you want an XBOX you should get a job for the summer and earn it. That's perfectly fine. But commanding them to work no matter what feels very very wrong to me.

Set rules and ages for work and such seem a bit over the top to me. I paid for my own college and lived at home, paid for my own gas and car but not insurance. I also lived at home until I was 28. The difference is I was working and saving and went right from my mom's house into my own single family home with my Fiancé. Had I moved out right after college I would have been dirt poor with all my money going to school loans, food, rent, etc.

Its one thing to support a freeloader its another to shove your kids out the door and directly into debt which they probably have already.

I specifically said that I'm not saying I could do better, and I'm not trying to judge. It's just an observation I made. That in parenting the methods are more important than the end result.
But really the only thing that made me uneasy was the part where he says "15 year old must find a job" That's crazy. I'm immediately thinking child labour reading that. Now saying that if you want an XBOX you should get a job for the summer and earn it. That's perfectly fine. But commanding them to work no matter what feels very very wrong to me.

Xboxes only cost 45 dollars on eBay, it dosent take a summer job to afford one, more like 2 or 3 birthday checks or mowing a few lawns.

I just plain wouldn't kick my kids out period. (Unless they did something over-the-top disrespectful, dangerous, etc.) Sure, I will make them pull their weight, help around the house, run errands, and yes if they want to go to college, they'll be getting a part-time job to pitch in for it. However, I would rather they knew they had a stable place to stay while they get their lives started than just toss them out and say "Go!" I was out of my parents' house when I hit 18-19. However, I already had my first job at Microsoft by then. My parents never charged me rent, but they did make me handle most of my other financials once I had jobs. They still handled car insurance because I was on their policy, but I bought my own toys, bought my own cars, and once I was ready (basically a year altogether) I was paying for my own place. (well, paying half with my girlfriend) I guess not everyone is given some of the opportunities that I had, but I got my jobs all on my own with only personal experience, and just kept going from there. I've taken the college classes that I wanted to because it was something I wanted to learn. I'm certified in a couple of things, but 90% of what I know, and the experience that gets me continued employment was all self taught, and then iterated upon with each new step I've taken. Kinda rambling now, but my original point was, my parents treated me more than fairly, didn't put restrictions and crazy rules on me, and I still went off on my own and flourished. I will do the same for my kids.

Not everyone's the same though. I have known my share of people who pretty much needed the boot to get going in their lives. I don't think there is a blanket policy that you can throw over every kid, and then call it good parenting. There are thousands of factors that go into that relationship, and what is required of you as a parent to keep your own kids motivated, progressively more independent, and not resenting their treatment later in life. I still want my kids to love me. I'm not a pushover, and I will push them forward as needed. I do value the fact that my kids love me and my wife though. They also tend to figure out what's right without TOO much intervention. They have their "little shit" moments, but they do alright.

I see the young adults in my family lament and look defeated about ever getting their own place to live. The housing prices are insane at least in California. Even rent is difficult for them.
That's china buying all that property in California. Google it sometime. They are trying to dodge a recession/depression in their own country by offshoring their money in the US, and Canada....fascinating stuff.

I think his point was that given the nature of the economy, employment prospects, and housing costs in a particular area, that home ownership seems unattainable for many, even though for a lot of people it is "the American Dream". Analyzing the numbers is difficult without additional information because of the variables involved, but my napkin math suggests that earning $60k puts you outside of the conservative mortgage spending preference of no more than 25 - 35% of pre-tax income being spent on housing and no more than 45% of pre-tax income servicing debt in general (i.e. student loans, car payments, credit cards, etc).
60k also puts you above what over half the households in the country earn also.

I just plain wouldn't kick my kids out period. (Unless they did something over-the-top disrespectful, dangerous, etc.) Sure, I will make them pull their weight, help around the house, run errands, and yes if they want to go to college, they'll be getting a part-time job to pitch in for it. However, I would rather they knew they had a stable place to stay while they get their lives started than just toss them out and say "Go!" I was out of my parents' house when I hit 18-19. However, I already had my first job at Microsoft by then. My parents never charged me rent, but they did make me handle most of my other financials once I had jobs. They still handled car insurance because I was on their policy, but I bought my own toys, bought my own cars, and once I was ready (basically a year altogether) I was paying for my own place. (well, paying half with my girlfriend) I guess not everyone is given some of the opportunities that I had, but I got my jobs all on my own with only personal experience, and just kept going from there. I've taken the college classes that I wanted to because it was something I wanted to learn. I'm certified in a couple of things, but 90% of what I know, and the experience that gets me continued employment was all self taught, and then iterated upon with each new step I've taken. Kinda rambling now, but my original point was, my parents treated me more than fairly, didn't put restrictions and crazy rules on me, and I still went off on my own and flourished. I will do the same for my kids.

Not everyone's the same though. I have known my share of people who pretty much needed the boot to get going in their lives. I don't think there is a blanket policy that you can throw over every kid, and then call it good parenting. There are thousands of factors that go into that relationship, and what is required of you as a parent to keep your own kids motivated, progressively more independent, and not resenting their treatment later in life. I still want my kids to love me. I'm not a pushover, and I will push them forward as needed. I do value the fact that my kids love me and my wife though. They also tend to figure out what's right without TOO much intervention. They have their "little shit" moments, but they do alright.

Let's see if you still think so.

Scenario..............................
You have what you think is a decent relationship with your kids. You've talked with them about things and you feel like you've been a good role model and you believe this is as improtent as anything else, kids can spot a hypocrite right.
So you want your kid to avoid some of your mistakes, that shouldn't be hard right. If you explain some of your own mistakes and your own successes, they should be able to miss a few themselves.
You decide that your kid is mature enough that you can pay for a place for them to live, foot their tuition, cover the utilities, that if they don't have to work they will be able to kill their classes, graduate with honors, get out there and rock the world and without all that debt hanging over their heads maybe their marriage won't be under the financial strain that sometimes is just too much for a pair of young people to bare, even together.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Six years later, the kid finally finishes school, with a BA in Psych :oops:
The kid does not have a job
The kid isn't really trying to find a job
The kid is playing X-Box games
You already demanded you kid start paying rent, (only $350 a month, you didn't want to crush them), and the kid got a job babysitting earning juuusstttt enough to cover the rent, mostly
And there are no signs of change

What is left for you to do?

I kicked mine out

I guess I could have told her she could move back home so I could rent the place I had bought for her school years which was our plan. But I didn't want her home. I didn't want her home, I didn't want to hear the arguements between her and her mom. I wanted the kid to go live her life which she was not doing. She had simply stopped developing as a person.

I felt is was my one last option. It scared the hell out of me.

I gave her the boot

So what about you, would you have kicked your first kid, your daughter, out cold to land where she may ?

60k also puts you above what over half the households in the country earn also.

My wife is a barber and makes $60K

It's not a fluke, she's been doing it since 1993.

The fact that over half the households in the country have a combined income of less than $60K only speaks to how stupid and lazy and useless so many people are.

You know what you have to do to become a barber? In '93 it cost about $20K for a nine month school. In Texas, it costs $60 dollars to renew your license every year or so. Barber shops rent you an open seat just go rent one, and start cutting hair. That's it, they don't even hire you, you work, pay your bills, keep your profit, pay your taxes, lying about your tips is up to you.

A convict can do it.

And my wife got a Pell grant for half the tuition costs, not a loan, just a simple government grant, free.

I'm an IT guy with almost 20 years experience, I don't make that much more than my wife.

Sometimes I think I should have become a barber as well.

I think she's happier.

Let's see if you still think so.

Scenario..............................
You have what you think is a decent relationship with your kids. You've talked with them about things and you feel like you've been a good role model and you believe this is as improtent as anything else, kids can spot a hypocrite right.
So you want your kid to avoid some of your mistakes, that shouldn't be hard right. If you explain some of your own mistakes and your own successes, they should be able to miss a few themselves.
You decide that your kid is mature enough that you can pay for a place for them to live, foot their tuition, cover the utilities, that if they don't have to work they will be able to kill their classes, graduate with honors, get out there and rock the world and without all that debt hanging over their heads maybe their marriage won't be under the financial strain that sometimes is just too much for a pair of young people to bare, even together.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Six years later, the kid finally finishes school, with a BA in Psych :oops:
The kid does not have a job
The kid isn't really trying to find a job
The kid is playing X-Box games
You already demanded you kid start paying rent, (only $350 a month, you didn't want to crush them), and the kid got a job babysitting earning juuusstttt enough to cover the rent, mostly
And there are no signs of change

What is left for you to do?

I kicked mine out

I guess I could have told her she could move back home so I could rent the place I had bought for her school years which was our plan. But I didn't want her home. I didn't want her home, I didn't want to hear the arguements between her and her mom. I wanted the kid to go live her life which she was not doing. She had simply stopped developing as a person.

I felt is was my one last option. It scared the hell out of me.

I gave her the boot

So what about you, would you have kicked your first kid, your daughter, out cold to land where she may ?

I don't presume to know how your situation was, so your course of action may have been exactly correct. My kids haven't quite hit that age yet. My oldest is just turning 16 in a few days. I told him that we might get a new car, and he could take the old one, but he'd have to start looking for a part time job for insurance. (we have four kids, so it's just plain not possible to cover that, on top of sports fees, and everything else) I'll happily make deals with them, let them know how far I will go, and where they need to meet to make what they want to do work.

I just know how I feel now, how I grew up, and what I project as coming down the pipe.

Who knows though, maybe one of them will throw us a total curve-ball, and I'll have to change my outlook on a few things. I hope not though, and I'm not going to impose things on them now in anticipation of something that MIGHT happen. I'll just continue to help where I can, push to keep them headed in the right direction, poke them in the eyes when they get out of line, etc. Hopefully they'll keep their motivation and initiative like I did growing up that way. If not, I suppose some adjustments will have to be made. I'll make the adjustment to fit the problem though.

When he said that I think he meant like flipping burgers at your local mcdics or burger king not working in the Nikey factory lol.

When starting pay for a 5 year experience job is 25% or less of the cost of a starter home, wut do you do?

Wut do you do when you have 70k loans, and a 250k mortgage, and make 60k?

Stay at home for 3 years...100% of pay to pay off loans. Any excess goes for house down. Move to technology triangle and buy nice starter home for $150k.

I had 1 year to put 3% down on my first home of 150k. I did it with a roommate and marking on a calendar how much money I had left for the week with upcoming expenses

Easy fix, since the guy is 22. Parents should just stop paying the bills and move out.

When he said that I think he meant like flipping burgers at your local mcdics or burger king not working in the Nikey factory lol.
I don't think that makes a difference. Forced work is forced work. No matter what the work actually is.

Job market tighter than it used to be. Men who have trouble finding work also play videogames while unemployed.
I've never been out of work. When I was a kid, my dad told me that no one is out of work. If you don't have a job, then your job it to find a job, and you should spend at least 8 hours a day, trying to find work. Sitting on your ass is not an option. That's one thing that's wrong with this country. Way too many people feel that they should just have a job handed to them with a nice fat paycheck. I had an asshole brother in law that refused to work for several years, because the jobs that they were offering were as he said, 'beneath him'; he would stay home watching TV and visiting friends 'networking' for a job, as he said (said networking involved sitting at a particular local bar, watching sports, drinking until drunk). Meantime, his brother was using savings to pay the asshole's mortgage. Asshole refused to go back to work until eventually his brother ran out of money, and they were about to be foreclosed upon. Then sold the house and lived off what they made from that for several years. Never repaid brother, either. Last I heard, he was selling insurance.

playing video games all day would get boring...games, movies etc are fun as entertainment but doing it as a full time hobby/job would get old after a few months

playing video games all day would get boring...games, movies etc are fun as entertainment but doing it as a full time hobby/job would get old after a few months
What are you doing to do when you retire, what is the stay at home parent going to do when the kids are at school full time :p

Im still wondering what my old man is gonna do when he retires. Last time he had 3 weeks off in a row, he started drywalling the pole barn...

My wife is a barber and makes $60K

It's not a fluke, she's been doing it since 1993.

The fact that over half the households in the country have a combined income of less than $60K only speaks to how stupid and lazy and useless so many people are.

You know what you have to do to become a barber? In '93 it cost about $20K for a nine month school. In Texas, it costs $60 dollars to renew your license every year or so. Barber shops rent you an open seat just go rent one, and start cutting hair. That's it, they don't even hire you, you work, pay your bills, keep your profit, pay your taxes, lying about your tips is up to you.

A convict can do it.

And my wife got a Pell grant for half the tuition costs, not a loan, just a simple government grant, free.

I'm an IT guy with almost 20 years experience, I don't make that much more than my wife.

Sometimes I think I should have become a barber as well.

I think she's happier.

Mother grooms dogs out of the house for $35-45 a dog (takes 45min) and she is $15-20 cheaper than the next retail site. Hell we had a 60lb labradoodle, the customer paid $105 at the last retail shop...

Check this job out;
Sr Windows System Administrator/MS SharePoint

> Windows System Administrator (5981900) Raytheon-Aurora, CO Rate-$90/hr

> Duration- 18 month contract

> Must be a US Citizen with an Active TS/SCI

>

> Job description:

> Raytheon is seeking a Windows System Administrator with MS SharePoint experience to join our team......................................................

Required Skills:

·Must be a US Citizen with a current TS/SCI w/Poly Security Clearance.

·4+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration Windows 2003/2008 and Desktop support with increasing responsibilities administering client/server applications.

• SharePoint installation and maintenance experience required.
·Experience working in VMware virtualized environments.

·Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills

• Experience in the following areas: Patch Management, Anti-Virus Clustering, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging
  • Strong working knowledge of MS SQL, PowerShell and other scripting languages
  • Willing and able to travel approximately 20% to off-site locations for installations and maintenance work on short notice as needed
·Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.

Now I'll be honest, not everyone has a Top Secret clearance with a CI Poly. But if a guy has a TS, the Poly isn't that hard to have added, and a guy with a Secret can get a Top Secret if he simply keeps applying for jobs that require it. And a Secret isn't very tough to get either and that's how you can do it without joining the military, just a little at a time and keep working your way up.

But what I am really showing here is a job that pays over $170K a year and only requires four or five years experience. And it's not in Virginia or LA or any place with a crazy cost of living. It's Aurora CO, best known for it's movie theaters :sneaky:

Back