Why you should strongly consider Seasonic for your next PSU.

The Wayfarer

Weaksauce
A few years ago I purchased a Seasonic SS-600HT. Despite being used hard, the unit always performed admirably. Not once did I have a PSU-related problem. A couple months ago, however, the fan bearings started to go out. This isn't particularly surprising because, even though I clean my system out with compressed gas every few weeks, the environment in which my system operated was fairly dusty. The unit was nearing the end of it's warranty period, so instead of just replacing the fan myself, I decided to send it to Seasonic. Responding to my email requesting an RMA number, a gentleman named Kevin Han from Seasonic's RMA department told me I needed my original receipt in order to perform any warranty work. In response, I informed Mr. Han that the sales receipt was lost in a fire that consumed the duplex I was living/working in at the time (true story). And that was the end of the conversation; Mr. Han immediately issued an RMA number to me, and off the PSU went. Within one week of the package arriving at Seasonc's facility, the repaired PSU was sitting on my doorstep, with return shipping already paid. Awesome.

Mr. Han could have insisted on the paperwork. He could have suggested that my PSU had an expired warranty, or come up with an million other reasons not to take care of me. He could have been a dick about the whole thing, making some deferential remarks about "company policy" and how he could get into trouble, blah, blah, blah. But he didn't. Instead, he did the absolute best thing possible; he made sure that his company took care of the customer (regardless of whether or not the company had a binding, legal obligation do so).

It shouldn't be uncommon for an individual or a business to simply do the right thing, but these days it seems to be so. I'm glad that Seasonic isn't one of those companies that places financial minutia (i.e., the cost of doing my repair) over customer satisfaction. Because of this, AND becasue their products are generally top-shelf, I will most certainly be buying a Seasonic PSU next time I am in need. Likewise, I would suggest any other person in need of a PSU to give this company and their products due consideration.

Thanks for reading.

-Wayfarer

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Seasonic, their parent(s), or their subsidiaries. I have no interest in the company (financial or otherwise), nor do I know, nor have I ever met anybody who works for them. I am making this post simply becasue I am a satisfied customer who feels that Seasonic, having done right by me, deserves the good word-of-mouth advertising I might give them with this post. That's it.

Last edited:
I would certainly have considered Seasonic, anyway. Very glad to know good customer service still exists.

Seasonic is my preferred PSU supplier, abit pricey but definitely some of the best, cant wait to buy the x750

most companies will do that without a receipt. Enermax, Sapphire, JBL, a-bit, and Motorola are some of the companies that did it for me.

Back