Why you don't play bf3?

Games great, its EA that turned me off.

This, or more to the point Origin. I have a laptop at work (middle of the Australian desert, limited 3g connection etc) and I couldnt just copy and paste the BF3 folder .. like you can for every other online game released in the past 5 years.

Got shitty and vowed never, ever to purchase another EA game.

I've always hated CS, people think they're leet, when really its just noob shit

I think CS holds its own on the "leet" argument.
I cant think of any other game that has remained true to its original in all its versions, had so many players and the level of competition.
I dont care for it myself, but CS is a true to its roots PC shooter. The call of duty games, battlefields etc are all the console generation. For twitch shooters I dont think anything comes close to CS or ever will. Its basic simplicity keeps things very level. Its not like COD with hundreds of addons, attachments, thermal imaging bullshit or perks.
I played some competitive CS back in the 1.6 days, but the high end CS competitions are/were out of this world.
We all awe at the videos of those Asians who play starcraft for a living, and top end CS players are right up there.
At its prime, CS had so many good players that anyone who could hold their own in CS, IMHO, could put the COD players to shame in most any FPS.

Myself, I see COD as mindless trash, and not to offend anyone, but I would have to huff some gas before I get mindless enough to enjoy COD.

CLIENT SIDE HIT DETECTION and the shitty cheap lazy code for PC MP they used.

If they don't seriously change this client side bullshit I won't even look at BF4 or any other dice title ever again.

CLIENT SIDE HIT DETECTION and the shitty cheap lazy code for PC MP they used.

If they don't seriously change this client side bullshit I won't even look at BF4 or any other dice title ever again.

i miss the 1942 days with the head on collisions

This, or more to the point Origin. I have a laptop at work (middle of the Australian desert, limited 3g connection etc) and I couldnt just copy and paste the BF3 folder .. like you can for every other online game released in the past 5 years.

Got shitty and vowed never, ever to purchase another EA game.

You can....Google it. You need to download one small program i think. I'll get you the site when I get home. Also steam is notoriously retarded when it comes to that.

People still play bf3????

The AK maps started eroding my interest and the AM maps completed the process. The whole getting shot while behind cover problem was really highlighted in the AM maps, shitty team work on the pubs, and reduntaly boring level design all round just killed bf3 for me.

Im back to playing HALO CE PC for my multiplayer kicks and am still loving that game even after 11 years! Since Halo CE doesnt have the whole battlelog crap going on, there is way more team work and less stat whoring like BF3 encourages, which equals more fun and excitement.

Games great, its EA that turned me off.

This.

The lack of community and map pack stuff really annoys me.
The fact that origin and battlelog aren't linked annoys me.

I hate having to login to Origin then login to battlelog. search for servers then do the drag down stuff because battlelog is retarded. Then maybe if I find something I wanna play I wait 10 minutes to get in and I'm always always on the losing team and not by a mild percentage it's always by 500:1 and my team has down syndrome.

Now if I'm lucky teams might even out next round. what will happen is my team will be winning and I'll be pushed to losing team because I shit you not "My score isn't high enough"

I honestly feel like they've taken too many cues from COD in this iteration and I just don't enjoy playing. I actually liked BFCBC2 better.

I just didn't find the game all that enjoyable and the unlock system sucked hairy monkey testicles. Also I wanted to play with a friend and somehow the friends system just sucked so hard that we spent more time trying to get in to decent games together than we actually did playing.

I just didn't find the game all that enjoyable and the unlock system sucked hairy monkey testicles. Also I wanted to play with a friend and somehow the friends system just sucked so hard that we spent more time trying to get in to decent games together than we actually did playing.

yea, they took everything awesome they did in BF2/2142 and just threw it away. Bad Company ruined it...

None of my friends picked it up, so I quit playing like 3 months after it came out.

Same here. BF3 is awesome but you need to communicate and work with another player or two to stand a chance. Many of my old CS clan mates continue to boycott origin, so unless BF3 ever gets to STEAM, I doubt they'll ever get involved. I'm also much older then I was in my old gaming days and just don't have time to game like I use to... (enter sadface here) ... Getting old sucks... getting swamped with R/L crap sucks. Enjoy it while you can young'ns!

Rush mode was a complete piece of shit compared to Bad Company 2. Ticket count was way too low. Took forever for them to fix.
They had really shitty graphical effects at first, as in the game was "too blue".
Before the numerous patches, weapon balance was insanely cheap (USAS12 with grenades)
Punk buster is a complete piece of shit and does not detect hacks. Instead it kicks legitimate players off servers.
Stat padding in Operation Metro.
Game was not released on Steam on game launch. Origin is a redundant turd of an application.
EA charging for "Premium content" and then making servers "Premium only", when you already had the map expansion purchased separately. Really? FUCK YOU EA.

RIP BATTLEFIELD 2.

Last edited:
COD2 Bolts Only > BF3

shot0002.jpg

You can....Google it. You need to download one small program i think. I'll get you the site when I get home. Also steam is notoriously retarded when it comes to that.

Admittedly I only tried it a few weeks after release, when Origin was still in 'Beta'.

But to be honest if you do post it, i will try it and give you feedback. Cheers :)

Edit: While I once despised steam, I can safely say that Steam allows me to copy folders over and I dont need to download it all again. I only have 10Gb per month on my 3G (charges when I go over), so this is important to me.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039427300 said:
COD2 Bolts Only > BF3

I <3 kar98k

I play bf3 because there are more dynamics than just personal firearms (as in cod) & higher sound and video quality

It just isn't fun. I enjoyed Bad Company 2 more as it just felt like a tighter game to me. The sniping mechanics were far, far better and christ man, not having the AT4 prevented me from ever loving BF3 in the first place. Fuck that Javelin nonsense.

All you people give some sorry reasons for why you quit playing. They are quite funny. Grow up already. :rolleyes::eek:

Its a damn good game. After putting 450 hours in to it. I can say its an amazing game. THE END. fanboy or not.

The game is balanced you just need a good team, and figure out what your doing. Like poping out/zooming the mini map while ur on the go. You have to remap the keys for that but makes the whole game way better. cuz you can see whats going on the bf. Most people don't even come up with this idea, and get stuck using the small tiny mini map. Then their scores sucks cuz they don't know where to go or what to do. In the end they just say the game sucks or something silly. BF3 is amazing. A true BF vet will love it for what it is.

Last edited:
I am almost 100% burned out on FPSs. BF3 didnt really feel like anything new or great from all the past Modern FPS. These days FPS leaves me feeling what I feel with WoW, they are out dated, over played, and use too many old cliches and too little innovation. No one even really tries to innovate because they are afraid that it might not be good and cannabalize sales and I sympathize but I really need something "new" in FPS to really get me back in. Though Halo with friends is still pretty fun, but thats only with friends. I hate playing console FPS alone.

All you people give some sorry reasons for why you quit playing. They are quite funny. Grow up already. :rolleyes::eek:

Not liking a game = need to grow up. Excellent argument.

Its a damn good game. After putting 450 hours in to it. I can say its an amazing game. THE END. fanboy or not.

The amount of hours you put into it is utterly irrelevant. I have 535 hours in BF3 and have not played it for 5 full months (2 straight at the moment) out of this year and it never became a better game, despite what I may have wanted. Also, "THE END" doesn't elevate your opinion to fact.

A true BF vet will love it for what it is.

:rolleyes: Yeah....ok.

Not liking a game = need to grow up. Excellent argument.

The amount of hours you put into it is utterly irrelevant. I have 535 hours in BF3 and have not played it for 5 full months (2 straight at the moment) out of this year and it never became a better game, despite what I may have wanted. Also, "THE END" doesn't elevate your opinion to fact.

:rolleyes: Yeah....ok.

ur right what i said is just an opinion we all have one :) But what facts are you talking about?

It just isn't fun. I enjoyed Bad Company 2 more as it just felt like a tighter game to me. The sniping mechanics were far, far better and christ man, not having the AT4 prevented me from ever loving BF3 in the first place. Fuck that Javelin nonsense.

This. Also, no C4 tossing. It's so annoying to have to walk up to a tank and place it like a mime trapped in a glass box. Just let me throw the damn brick.

Another thing, the balance. Jets can ruin a round. If your team doesn't have a pilot to take out their jet you get raped. People going 50-2 round after round in a jet is bs. If they were doing that consistently as infantry they'd get called out as hackers.

I wish Rush didn't suck in BF3. After playing Rush in BF:BC2, I couldn't really go back to Conquest, which I now find too slow and unfocused.

I'd play a bit but my origin account won't let me log in, constantly thinks I'm off line. I've turned off my firewall, reloaded the game, reloaded windows. Still broke and has been for a while.

All the server are empty.

And I don't like bf3 because of its sound that I hate.

So I was wondering, why nobody play this game and why cod has so many players?

Beside the sound and some minor stuff, I think bf3 is very good game.

Not sure what servers you try to play on, but I have about 40-50 servers in my favs which are mostly full.

even at 1-6am when im up at night on my days off I find full servers to play on.

I stopped playing when they started that premium package bull shit. 'Pay to win' means 'fuck this game'

All the server are empty.

And I don't like bf3 because of its sound that I hate.

So I was wondering, why nobody play this game and why cod has so many players?

Beside the sound and some minor stuff, I think bf3 is very good game.

It's a phase, people keep playing the same content for months get bored. They release new content and the users return.

But CoD Black Ops 2 has it's moments too. For some strange reason, I like both games. Black Ops satisifies my Rambo urges while Battlefield 3 satisifies my team play urges. You can't go wrong with either. It's just how the community is.

I stopped playing when they started that premium package bull shit. 'Pay to win' means 'fuck this game'

What aspects of premium are pay to win exactly? the best weapons are all from the base game anyways, so it couldn't be the guns. My top 4 of 5 guns are fron vanilla BF3 with only my #2 being from the cq xpac. I wouldn't think it was queue jumping unless you consider getting in a server first winning. I'm really confused here.

I am almost 100% burned out on FPSs. BF3 didnt really feel like anything new or great from all the past Modern FPS. These days FPS leaves me feeling what I feel with WoW, they are out dated, over played, and use too many old cliches and too little innovation. No one even really tries to innovate because they are afraid that it might not be good and cannabalize sales and I sympathize but I really need something "new" in FPS to really get me back in. Though Halo with friends is still pretty fun, but thats only with friends. I hate playing console FPS alone.

HALO CE on the PC. You should check into it, because it rocks. With widescreen fixer I am able to run 2560x1440 @120hz on my Catleap 2B and it looks awesome. There are lots of people still playing it online too!

HALO CE on the PC. You should check into it, because it rocks. With widescreen fixer I am able to run 2560x1440 @120hz on my Catleap 2B and it looks awesome. There are lots of people still playing it online too!

Too bad those shitheads didn't release the rest of em on PC.

I played it for maybe a month or two after release but I simply couldn't get into it like I did BF2. I just didn't find it fun.

EA is the biggest problem for me.

I enjoy the game when I jump on, just played it heavily when it came out and on to other things now... if it was on Steam I would probably jump on more often... but with origin I feel a part of me dies everything I start it up... Screw EA and bioware!

Because EVEN TO THIS DAY, the original is still the funniest and best. I still play it and have as much fun as I did with it 10 years ago.

So just continue to dream and wish of BF1942 redone with a new graphics engine and the game mechanics NOT CHANGED

250px-Battlefield_1942_Box_Art.jpg

battlefield-1942.jpg

battlefield_1942_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

34497-battlefield-1942-windows-screenshot-about-to-take-out-tank.jpg

screen-bf1942.jpg

battlefield1942-06.jpg

battlefield_1942-310581-1260168282.jpeg

mpu_screenshot_23_id1352195194_161946.jpg

I wish Rush didn't suck in BF3. After playing Rush in BF:BC2, I couldn't really go back to Conquest, which I now find too slow and unfocused.

Rush was amazing in BC2, especially after the last patch, and actually had variation in terrain in tactics as you progressed in a level. I have a total of 157 games of rush in BF3 but over 2400 in BC2. Goddamn

Definitely a factor.

Rush was amazing in BC2, especially after the last patch, and actually had variation in terrain in tactics as you progressed in a level.

Agreed, Rush was very good in BC2, but not very good in BF3. Some maps in BC2 were better for Rush. I like both modes, but in BF3 Conquest is certainly the main focus. I like both modes though.

What aspects of premium are pay to win exactly? the best weapons are all from the base game anyways, so it couldn't be the guns. My top 4 of 5 guns are fron vanilla BF3 with only my #2 being from the cq xpac. I wouldn't think it was queue jumping unless you consider getting in a server first winning. I'm really confused here.

I'm a shotgun guy and the SPAS-12 is better than the 870 - at least for slugs. The ROF is higher. Almost made my buy close quarters just to get that gun.

Back