Why would any1 buy Adobe Acrobat Professional when Fox IT PDF do it for free?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
Sometimes, when I go to a website, the website only gives a PDF file of the document, instead of having it in HTML txt. So I would have to use Adobe Acrobat Professional to cut & paste the text to a wordprocessor.

But I just realize Fox It PDF can do the same thing for free. Now, all I need is Cut & paste, and be able to "Print" to a PDF driver.

I don't need any of those really fancy functions, not to mention FoxIT also has a lot of fancy functions

so how on earth does adobe expect $250 for their acrobat writer?

And I know a lot of these has keep happening: Norton anti virus $70 / yr., MSE free.

Acrobad does a crap ton more than cut and paste. Some people need that,

That being said, there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Sometimes, when I go to a website, the website only gives a PDF file of the document, instead of having it in HTML txt. So I would have to use Adobe Acrobat Professional to cut & paste the text to a wordprocessor.

But I just realize Fox It PDF can do the same thing for free. Now, all I need is Cut & paste, and be able to "Print" to a PDF driver.

I don't need any of those really fancy functions, not to mention FoxIT also has a lot of fancy functions

so how on earth does adobe expect $250 for their acrobat writer?

And I know a lot of these has keep happening: Norton anti virus $70 / yr., MSE free.

Have you ever created a fillable form from scratch using digital signatures thats linked to a database?

I've never used Foxit (tried once when I was having Adobe issues, but Foxit was having even more issues), but Adobe PDF makes one really sweet PDF from a print--better than anything else I've used. It's rendering is just superior. However, I didn't pay for it--we use it at work. AutoCAD's DWG to PDF driver is probably the second best I've used, but that has pretty specific uses.

You mean the digital PDF print out is better FOXIT PDF digital print out? I did the test print yesterday, the digital PDF from FoxIT looks okay to me. But that's will printing out quote (in text) from Word perfect

I imagine you are doing some graphics from your wordprocessor

AutoCAD can integrate with Acrobat to produce 3D PDF's so rendering is very important.

Acrobat usually does better on matching fonts and printing IME (10 years of graphic design/print work).
That said I greatly prefer PDF-Xchange Viewer over Adobe Reader because (in terms of being free) it (and other readers) do more than Adobe Reader does.

You mean the digital PDF print out is better FOXIT PDF digital print out? I did the test print yesterday, the digital PDF from FoxIT looks okay to me. But that's will printing out quote (in text) from Word perfect

I imagine you are doing some graphics from your wordprocessor

Not really graphics, other than 2D engineering drawings, but when I print Excel spreadsheets and such to PDF, Adobe works better than the few others I've tried.

Haven't tried Foxit though, as I had issues the one time I tried to install it and gave up. I should try it again.

Fox IT actually spent the $ to make their appearance looks just like Office 2013, you can't even tell them apart. So if you haven't try the latest, definitely give it a try

Acrobad does a crap ton more than cut and paste. Some people need that,

That being said, there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Yea are sure the free software is good as the paying one?

But for basic usage, I would not pay because there is free alternative like fox it.

If you don't realize the differences between Acrobat Pro and Fox IT, then yes, you don't need Acrobat Pro.
However, just because an $80k car and a $30k car both have four wheels and gets you from point A to point B, doesn't mean they are basically the same thing.

You're paying for the assurance that it just works such as, for example, promoting a paperless environment that requires PDF to TIFF conversion for Windows faxing. I tried Ghostscript and IBM ImageMagick and they both can't convert my PDFs. Even worse is Softinterface will convert but silently strip things like check boxes.

I work with PDFs quite often (peer-reviewed research), and I often need markup and, often more importantly, OCR. Adobe's Clearscan is - in my very limited experience - second to none. It really does a great job 95% of the time (the other 5% it ends up mangling the text, but this is only in cases where the scan is old, off-center, and not very well done).

Back