Why wasn't Jade Empire well received?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
It's a good game and was hot off the heels of KotoR, yet only sold 700,000. The special edition is on Origin for free.

It wasn't on the back on an IP anyone cared about, xbox exclusive at the time, wonky unintuitive combat system, kotor 2 came out 4 months prior

Last edited:
only sold 700,000 copies? Humm wonder how many games that have been released would have loved to sell that many.

It does lack something... something that made KOTOR special. Also the controls feel really clunky.

Best game I played on the original Xbox, developers should've believed in their product more. It never got the backing it needed as a new IP. The game didn't translate as well on the very, very late PC version IMO.

It's lovely game.... just played it recently, as it's free at Origin, and I'm loving it. Though, it has typical Bioware archetype: Noone trying to avenge master/planet/whatever learning that very important one betrayed him and then takes revenge :) Guess they just ahve algorithm for their story and just change the scenery from Asian to SF and fantasy :)

But, I like its combat system and the companions... Henpecked Ho and his story about how he wants to get rid of his wife or escape her and can't rocks :)

Still, even if it aged, it was fun to play.

Back