Why wasn't Jade Empire well received?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
It's a good game and was hot off the heels of KotoR, yet only sold 700,000. The special edition is on Origin for free.

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
It wasn't on the back on an IP anyone cared about, xbox exclusive at the time, wonky unintuitive combat system, kotor 2 came out 4 months prior

Last edited:

LordVampyre

[H]ard|Gawd
only sold 700,000 copies? Humm wonder how many games that have been released would have loved to sell that many.

Tup3x

[H]ard|Gawd
It does lack something... something that made KOTOR special. Also the controls feel really clunky.

Yakk

Supreme [H]ardness
Best game I played on the original Xbox, developers should've believed in their product more. It never got the backing it needed as a new IP. The game didn't translate as well on the very, very late PC version IMO.

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
It's lovely game.... just played it recently, as it's free at Origin, and I'm loving it. Though, it has typical Bioware archetype: Noone trying to avenge master/planet/whatever learning that very important one betrayed him and then takes revenge :) Guess they just ahve algorithm for their story and just change the scenery from Asian to SF and fantasy :)

But, I like its combat system and the companions... Henpecked Ho and his story about how he wants to get rid of his wife or escape her and can't rocks :)

Still, even if it aged, it was fun to play.