Why video card prices are still so high?

On the other hand, those of us on the other end of the budget spectrum are probably laughing at our Titans suddenly becoming the most value oriented high end gaming card :-V

Only cause people don't know they can just goto nvidia to buy them and there in stock..

If everyone knew the price would rise on those as well i bet.. after there also all gone.

Only cause people don't know they can just goto nvidia to buy them and there in stock..

If everyone knew the price would rise on those as well i bet.. after there also all gone.

Has the experience changed? It was out of stock but I checked every day after I few days I got one... But this was in September...

Seeing as how every other card they sell direct is constantly out of stock, I'm pretty sure everyone knows. They're either being bought by people who don't mine and don't want to pay the hyper inflated prices elsewhere, or they're being bought by people who want to turn around and sell them for profit. Titans won't make scalpers any money compared to the ~30% profit they can make from 1080Tis.

EVGA_JacobF said:
AHowes said:
That's the first official news I've heard on this topic.

Any idea as to why the cause?

The holidays, limited supply and high demand caused stock to be low for a couple of weeks. Starting this week you will see more, possibly as soon as today.

That's evga's product manager.. so he should have info.

Last edited:
I just got sticker shock looking at the prices lately.

I swear I saw GTX 1060's in the LOW $200 range a year ago at my last build. Now they are $300 to $500+.

I just got sticker shock looking at the prices lately.
I swear I saw GTX 1060's in the LOW $200 range a year ago at my last build. Now they are $300 to $500+.

Forget 1060s, 1070s were going as low as ~$270 used less than a year ago!

I think we got it all wrong.

Mining will be the death of PC gaming. If PC gamers can't afford high end GPUs to play their games. They'll switch back to consoles or give up the hobby altogether.

PC gaming is already dead. The cost of entry has been too high over the last year and it's going higher.
I have a console now and a Mac Pro. No way I'm going back into building PCs. The resale value of the GPUs are so good that I will never have functioning gaming PC.

Back