Why the heck is KOTOR good?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
I like my si fi stuff, more star trek than star wars, however why is KOTOR good? my buddy got Galazies and i think its horrible lol....

so whats KOTOR all about?

I dont think I understand, but if youre asking for a summary....ok

4000 years before the star wars universe we are all familiar with. You are a person, soon to be found you have a strong connection to the force and will become a Jedi after the 1st world of the game. You gain party members through out the progression of the game of which 3 others are Jedi also. There is a Sith Lord, Darth Malek who has been whooping the ass of the Republic and uses something that no one knows what is. The Star Forge. Malek and Revan (Maleks master that Bastila (a party member) killed) went to all these different planets that had partially functioning Star Maps on them (5 I think) that led them to the star forge and began kicking ass. No one knows what the Star Forge is, so you need to find it by the same means as they did, and stop Malek. So you visit all these planets, do these shitloads of sidequests, stomp all kind of ass, use a droid that calls everyone meat bag and wants to kill every one ALL the time. Its just a fantastic game, the side quests, plot twists, and even though the combat is turn based I think it still kicks some good ole ass.

I think I described it pretty well.

Great story, first off.

Excellent graphics.

Outstanding role-playing.

A hell of a good time.

Completely different game from Galaxies. Different developer. There is actually a plot and you can go lightside or darkside. The game system it uses is the D&D 3rd Edition rules which I am not overly fond of but it seems to work for the game. The other characters you get are pretty cool. I still love the evil droid, that tries to get you to kill everyone while he is translating for you.

As much as they have claimed otherwise I still see Galaxies as Everquest in space. The only thing I dont like about KOTOR is the lack of vehicles. For me, part of Star Wars are the vehicles and I really detest walking around prop speeders all the time. That being said, the game is still alot of fun.

1 word: Bioware
alright I'll say more. I've never played a Bioware game i didn't like.
If you enjoy RPG's based on D&D ruleset you should like this game. Hell if you enjoy RPG's you should like this game. The one thing that disappoints me is the inability to chose different races. I'd like the ability to be a wookie...but after playing the game through I understand why.
The plot is awesome, character interactions are awesome, the game is just awesome.

Originally posted by wileycat
Defective-

I thought it used the d20 rules?
D&D is a d20 game. But he's right it uses a fairly accurate D&D 3rd Ed. ruleset.

Originally posted by MajorDomo
Please do not cuss in the thread title...or you will anger me:p

And you don't want to see him angry, Mr. Magee.

Originally posted by Defective
As much as they have claimed otherwise I still see Galaxies as Everquest in space.
Ug...I wouldn't rate it that high. EQ is fun and has some decent content. Galaxies...well, it was go here shoot this, go get another mission.

Originally posted by XOR != OR
Ug...I wouldn't rate it that high. EQ is fun and has some decent content. Galaxies...well, it was go here shoot this, go get another mission.

You're right, I'm sorry. I am just glad that $15 a month of my money isnt going to pay for the continued development of a game that doesnt seem to have left beta.

Well i would say the posters above hit the nail right on the head, but i thought maybe i could contribute. But like the other posters had said, this game has an EXCELLENT plot, (IMO) the plot is better than Episode I and II combined(/end opinion)...and lets not forget this game has one HELL of a plot twist! First time a game actually caught me off guard with plot developments. But other than the plot it was developed by one of the masters of epic RPGs, Bioware...a company whose games completely own my soul lol (Baldurs gate series, Neverwinter Nights, etc.) Well theres my long winded two cents, enjoy.

Originally posted by Cynic86
(IMO) the plot is better than Episode I and II combined(/end opinion

Come on thats like saying this game is more exciting than watching me sleep.

It is amazing

............not the watching me sleep part, thats boring

............the game...its amazing:D

The game is amazing. I know a kid that doesn't play computer games and I gave it to him and he stayed up till 8 in the morning playing the damn thing. Has to be pretty good for him to pull that off.

it is only singleplayer but dont think you will be bored with it once you beat it. i am near the end (got all 4, not 5, star maps) and i definately plan on playing again now that i know how to set up my character.

just

go

buy

it.

you will be very pleased to see that this game really does deserve game of the year status.

Your gameplan should be similar to this

Play as Good
Play as Bad
Play Good with Cheats
Play Bad with Cheats
Play Good with all feats/force/etc
Play Bad with all feats/force/etc

it's even better than DDR!!!

It's a great game, but after I beat it I really wanted to be able to travel back through the galaxy, you know, like when you beat Morrowind. But that was not an option. Maybe there will be some expansions for it.

How do you do this?

savegame hex hacks... it's quite boring after a while though, esp when every opponent dies after the first attack.

Originally posted by FanZ
Your gameplan should be similar to this

Play as Good
Play as Bad
Play Good with Cheats
Play Bad with Cheats
Play Bad with all feats/force/etc

it's even better than DDR!!!

only suggestion: set the difficulty to the hardest setting

1 mmhmmm
2 yep
3 dont over do it
4 ditto
5 meh kinda repetitive after a while
6 ditto

its better than anything :p

its kinda fun warping off of taris doing a bunch of the missions and then warping back to taris hehe

also play it on the PC there are some extras... ex. the extra "planet" which is really a space station with one guy... i will give you a hint, if you beat him @ pazak (any bet) 10 times you get 20% off and he pays the most in the entire game for your stuff

the space station dude will also give a discount without having to beat him at Pazaak..

"Tell me about this system"
"What's on Yavin IV?"
"Force Persuade: You will give them to me."
--Failure:
"Force Persuade: You will cut me a deal"
--Success

OT: the "actor" that voiced Mission is pretty hot.

Back