Why the burning crusade has destroyed WoW

UPDATE: This is going into our fourth week on Kael attempts. After starting him the last week of February, we are still failing to consistently get to phase 4, much less farther. Vashj is killable, but still iffy, and there was one week out of the last three that she did not die. My patience is beginning to wear thin with WoW.

It takes us one night to clear 5/6 SSC, then one night for 3/4 TK. We use a Suicide Kings loot system; when you bid and win item, you move to the bottom of a list and move back up as other people win items. So almost all of the points for the week are awarded by Wednesday night. The rest of the nights are Kael/Vashj nights. Each night is two flasks for me plus repairs. It's come close to 3000g. Count in the fact that you need 5000g for the epic flyer (which good guilds require you to have) and on average 500g/week while learning new content, and the beast takes a ton of resources to be fed. At a rate of 100g/hour of farming, which is a generous estimate for non DPS classes, that's at least 5 hours per week of farming on top of 20 hours per week of scheduled raiding, plus anything else you do in-game. For us, that includes Karazhan and Zul'Aman, which is another good 6-7 hours per week if you clear every reset, and provided that you have good groups. If you do everything you "need" to do, you're playing 40 hours per week or more easily, most of which is during prime time during week nights, including Friday nights.

I was a fairly hardcore raider pre-BC, having cleared MC, BWL, AQ40 (except C'Thun), and most of Naxxramas, and I have never felt so discouraged in the raiding game. It seems to take more time to keep up than ever, having to farm Badges of Justices, two flasks a night, daily quests for repair bills, etc. I didn't use any consumables but simple mana potions on my first Nefarian kill back in 2006. But now I'm running through two flasks or twenty elixirs, mana potions, weapon oil, and food buffs on every attempt. It's become an insane treadmill that is getting more impossible to keep up with, and made even more asinine by casuals with no skill that can get nearly equivalent gear by AFKing in BGs and doing 10 welfare games a week.

Yes, I'm getting emo here, but Blizzard has butchered what I love to do so much that it is no longer worth doing. I was glad to sit outside TK tonight so I could play more Lost Odyssey and CoD4. That's not even taking into account that I have to be home at 8 PM, three nights per week minimum, to raid. Having to fill that raid spot has taken time away from going to the health club, socializing, classes, and keeping up with gaming at large. It's no longer worth the commitment to me. My account is canceled and will be for sale when my transfer is available.

Not to be a party pooper, but Vashj is a joke now and Kael isn't much harderer. What exactly seems to be the problem?

UPDATE: This is going into our fourth week on Kael attempts. After starting him the last week of February, we are still failing to consistently get to phase 4, much less farther. Vashj is killable, but still iffy, and there was one week out of the last three that she did not die. My patience is beginning to wear thin with WoW.

Kael and Archimonde are pretty much the two most difficult fights in WoW to learn. My guild farms everything and we still wipe on Kael and Archimonde a few times every week :(

Not to be a party pooper, but Vashj is a joke now and Kael isn't much harderer. What exactly seems to be the problem?

Vashj: Sometimes slow on the core throwing, random deaths due to nagas and striders. Usually not enough people make it into phase 3 to beat the enrage timer. It usually clicks after a few attempts and we do get it.

Kael: Slow DPS on weapons, leading to split DPS into phase 3 with some people on Thaladred and others still on weapons. By the time the weapons are taken care of, Thaladred has probably killed several people already. As you can see, our DPS is lacking.

http://wowwebstats.com/eo3glugmnqvbg

Vashj: Sometimes slow on the core throwing, random deaths due to nagas and striders. Usually not enough people make it into phase 3 to beat the enrage timer. It usually clicks after a few attempts and we do get it.

Kael: Slow DPS on weapons, leading to split DPS into phase 3 with some people on Thaladred and others still on weapons. By the time the weapons are taken care of, Thaladred has probably killed several people already. As you can see, our DPS is lacking.

http://wowwebstats.com/eo3glugmnqvbg

Are you not using aoe on the weapons? What we do is toss ranged on the bow first tanked by a hunter usually while tanks position the other weapons (axe out of group but still in aoe range). Once bow is done, aoe moves to other weapons. Ranged single target dps (shadow priests, hunters) take out the shield with rogues focusing mace first and whatever is highest after (not shield because of spike). Also, have 1 shadow priest rank 1 swp on all aoe mobs and 1 warlock curse of shadows on all of them after bow dies to increase aoe dps.

Also, some of your dps looks way too low even for single target. Your lack of progression is most likely cause by bad players to be honest. I know because while we've cleared hyjal/bt, as a raid leader it's pretty easy to see the weak spots and why they hold us back. It's why we still occasionally take 11 tries to kill archimonde *sigh*

http://wowwebstats.com/zv4p4rtbuzvxg

Are you kiting Nagas on Vashj? Because there is a total cheese way to do that now...

To fix the DPS on weapons problem, bring 5 or 6 Warlocks, and just have them Seed spam until their hands bleed when the weapons come out.

Thaladred should not kill anyone though. Thats not a DPS issue, its a people playing bad issue. Even if Thaladred is up for longer than he should be, people are still more than able to move out of the way.

I'm not sure why the DPS is so low on Kael. Some of these people are specced improperly, but gear and facerolling would do more than what some of them seem to be putting out.

I'm not sure why the DPS is so low on Kael. Some of these people are specced improperly, but gear and facerolling would do more than what some of them seem to be putting out.
First thing I notice is that all your Warlocks are Destruction and only one of them is putting out over 1000 DPS. That seems practically impossible to me. Then I look at the stats they have. Two with less than 20% crit, two with less than 1000 Shadow/Fire Damage. Get them into Karazhan and Zul'Aman so they can get badges and gear to upgrade with. Their specs are pretty much fine, except having one of them or more as Affliction would probably help you guys out.

Then you have an Arcane Mage spamming Frostbolt, and doing no AoE damage. In fact, only 1 Arcane Explosion was cast by all your Mages over the course of the nite. Do you all single target DPS the weapons down or something?

Also, your Enhancement Shaman has Crusader on one of his weapons and has ridiculously low hit rating.

First thing I notice is that all your Warlocks are Destruction and only one of them is putting out over 1000 DPS. That seems practically impossible to me. Then I look at the stats they have. Two with less than 20% crit, two with less than 1000 Shadow/Fire Damage. Get them into Karazhan and Zul'Aman so they can get badges and gear to upgrade with. Their specs are pretty much fine, except having one of them or more as Affliction would probably help you guys out.

Then you have an Arcane Mage spamming Frostbolt, and doing no AoE damage. In fact, only 1 Arcane Explosion was cast by all your Mages over the course of the nite. Do you all single target DPS the weapons down or something?

Also, your Enhancement Shaman has Crusader on one of his weapons and has ridiculously low hit rating.

I have a warlock myself that has 921 damage, 186 hit, and only has one piece of 25 man loot, a wand from Magtheridon. I had no issue putting up 800 DPS raid buffed. I was pretty damn amazed that one of our warlocks actually had right around my damage and hit rating, although he had substantially more crit. It just seems bizarre that they are still wearing Voidheart instead tailoring epics. One of them needs to spec down into Malediction, Shadow Embrace, and go affliction.

That shaman caught my eye too. He has the gear to do better than this, but he's gemmed for strength instead of hit. I'm guessing he misses a ton.

I'm posting this on raid and dungeons as well.

I have a warlock myself that has 921 damage, 186 hit, and only has one piece of 25 man loot, a wand from Magtheridon. I had no issue putting up 800 DPS raid buffed. I was pretty damn amazed that one of our warlocks actually had right around my damage and hit rating, although he had substantially more crit. It just seems bizarre that they are still wearing Voidheart instead tailoring epics. One of them needs to spec down into Malediction, Shadow Embrace, and go affliction.

That shaman caught my eye too. He has the gear to do better than this, but he's gemmed for strength instead of hit. I'm guessing he misses a ton.

I'm posting this on raid and dungeons as well.
They're probably holding onto 2/5 T4 for the bonus proc. Raiding Destruction Warlocks always use Demonic Sacrifice before fighting, so having 2/5 T5 so 15% of their damage heals their pet is useless. 135 more spell damage for 15 seconds is very useful, though. There's a good bit of spell crit/damage non-set gear in SSC and TK as well, and doing PvP to get the Vindicator's gear would be a very good idea (if they're at or near the hit cap).

T5/equivalent warlocks attempting Kael should be at least 1200dps, I have no idea how you guys are all under 1k. With destruction spec and Karazan/Badge gear, you should be close to 1100 shadow dmg. Your rogues need to L2Hit rating, and your mages are hopeless. They have 100% presence but only 700dps, sorry but that is just terrible. Sub-optimal specs will slow the raid down for weeks as you can see first hand now, your leadership needs to fix that shit ASAP, selfish people have no place is a 25man raid. Yea I have to agree your players are pretty bad. Going by WWS and Armory, I would probably kick 4-5 people in that raid out of the guild right away. The enhancement shaman with crusader is just L O L.

I think I got the log for my first Kael kill (pre-nerf) at home. I'll toss it up on WWS for you to compare.

Is there are [H] guild, or is everyone split on different servers? I used to be in a guild with some IRL friends but they quit, and now I find myself pretty bored playing alone. PUGs are trash and no fun :(

Thinking of rolling a new char, and was wondering if [H] plays on any particular servers.

I HAVEN'T read all 4 pages, but I will say

Outlands blows. However, I still play and can't wait for the new expansion. I LOVED old Azeroth and it looks like thats how the next expansion is going to be, thank god.

Is there are [H] guild, or is everyone split on different servers? I used to be in a guild with some IRL friends but they quit, and now I find myself pretty bored playing alone. PUGs are trash and no fun :(

Thinking of rolling a new char, and was wondering if [H] plays on any particular servers.

There is one, but I'm not in it because I believe its on a PVE server, I hate PVE servers. Search "[H]orde". I know thats the name of the folding team, but I belive thats the guild name as well. I'm not sure what server its on.

There was on Stormscale and I think that server is PVP.

Back