Why Teens Are Tiring of Facebook

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Nothing lasts forever and so it goes for Facebook. Not that Facebook is suffering from a mass exodus of its teen-centric audience, but the signs are there that teens are turning from Facebook to smaller, simpler and less regulated sites. Once a site becomes mainstream, teens will be the first to look for alternative sites to meet with their friends.

"Rather than all flocking en masse to a different site, they're fragmenting across apps and engaging with their friends using a wide array of different tools. ... A new one pops up each week. What's exciting to me is that I'm seeing teenagers experiment."

Teens are fickle beings and tend to tire of things quickly.

As a side, am I the only one whom upon hearing the term "facebook", pictures in their mind a serial killer who cuts the faces off his victims and binds them in to a book? Just me? Ok... just checking... :cool:

In the end, however, it's all about being different like everyone else.

In the end, however, it's all about being different like everyone else.

It's all about being different from their parents.

Facebook moving from college students to highschoolers & parents made it so much worse.

It's all about being different from their parents.

Facebook moving from college students to highschoolers & parents made it so much worse.

and different from 'normal' people in school, just like everyone else. ;)

Maybe it's because people use Facebook for ....

#1 Show you a photo of every moment of their lives, especially the pointless ones.
#2 Show you their pets.
#3 Explain to you how amazing Jesus is in their lives.
#4 Send you requests to play some stupid game in Facebook.
#5 Half the crap you like on Facebook just ends up as spam on your wall.
#6 Did I forget about babies? You must see photos of someones baby. Even some that have yet to be born.

#7 More importantly, the stuff you put on Facebook is mostly ignored, while people can post a picture of their sandwich and get hundreds of likes. You could post that they found a cure for cancer, and it would still be ignored.

It definitely loses appeal to teens when their parents and grandparent are on it.

Ashbringer said:

#1 Show you a photo of every moment of their lives, especially the pointless ones.
#2 Show you their pets.
#6 Did I forget about babies? You must see photos of someones baby. Even some that have yet to be born.

#7 More importantly, the stuff you put on Facebook is mostly ignored, while people can post a picture of their sandwich and get hundreds of likes. You could post that they found a cure for cancer, and it would still be ignored.

You nailed it on the head you just forgot about one thing the like for Jesus ignore for the devil pictures

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

#2 Show you their pets.

Forgot one,

#8 Every self-portrait picture has to be taken in the bathroom mirror and/or include ridiculous angles and faces to make you look better/funnier/more sexy

It definitely loses appeal to teens when their parents and grandparent are on it.

This, I probably wouldn't hate facebook as much as I do if I knew the moment I used it, my parents, and every other relative would want to know every thing I post...

"What's exciting to me is that I'm seeing teenagers experiment."

Yeah. LOL.

Hehe yep. Especially when your mother or every mother out there that you're friends with are posting stupid pictures every day. Can't ignore them on your feed because they'll ask you if you saw it.

I think it has more to do with moving to a site that doesn't post everything you do for everyone to see. They want smaller sites with more control over who can and can't see what you are posting. Like their parents.

Yay. I can't wait for Facebook to die. Please tell me Twitter is close behind it. I absolutely hate... hate how news programs have found it acceptable to run every retarded celebrity tweet as a news story.

Yup! And they're posting those same all-caps unresearched "news" articles that they used to forward around on AOL.
I think you'll probably see a pretty large exodus by younger generations in general pretty soon.

#2 Show you their pets.

THIS, especially #6. I can't seem to get away from baby pictures even on Google+. No, it isn't "cute" to put your baby as your profile picture. No, I don't want to hear about how your kid threw up. No, I don't want to see a video of your baby's first whatever.

People stopped Liking and Sharing my pictures of children with cancer and soldiers missing appendages; I'm going to tumblr!

Back