Why so excited for the iPhone X ? It's the same old thing running boring iOS

I am totally confused the major hype for the new iPhone X, I just don't get it. It's nothing new at all to really be excited about. And I am super smartphone nerd, total gadget geek.

Because it's running the same old boring iOS, sure the iPhone 8 will be all new tech, catching up to the looks and bezel less display Android phones have had for a year already. But at the end of the day, the fancy new phone wears off quickly, and your left with the OS you use day in, and day out 24/7, and iOS 11 is just like lame boring, locked down iOS 10, which was just like old iOS 9, which was like lame iOS 8, and the Fischer Price toy iOS 7 which started it all.

Who gives two fucks about the new design of the iPhone X, when it's running the same iOS still from iOS 7 basically ? I'd be way more excited and pumped if the new phone was just the iPhone 8 Plus, but with a totally revamped major revision to iOS. That would be breaking news and truly jaw dropping. But right now, this X is basically a Galaxy S8 running iOS. Yawn :( Once the shiny new toy feeling wears off, it will feel just like the iPhone 7, and iPhone 6S, and iPhone 6, etc...Nothing new at all really here.

To be honest, I fail to see the big excitement for the iPhone X, What's the big deal here ? My point being the OS in it, is the same thing we've seen for years, nothing new here, just old iOS, nothing new. Sure the phone itself is better FINALLY, but that's it.

Thing is I LOVE the iPhone, a Jailbreaked 7 Plus is the best smartphone IMO right now. But only JB iPhone's do it for me, otherwise Nexus / Pixel all the way.

they gotta milk that status symbol for all it is worth... Too bad MS bailed on the mobile market, Windows Mobile 10 was shaping up nicely....

I keep reading all these articles past few days about sales being way down for the iPhone x and apple having to cut back on manufacturing.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-...duction-in-the-face-of-weak-demand-1517312098

I think the $1,000 price tagged scared off people, as well as people still happy and fine with thier current smartphone, that for most people probably still works judt great, and no major reason to rush to the store for a new phone if thier current phone still works.

I backed a Mous case prior to the announcement to the X. So I was fully anticipating to "jump" to the X, but that down payment made it though to swallow. I'm going to pay off my 7 Plus from Jump on Demand in a couple of months. Now T-Mobile had an iPhone X deal last month (buy one get $700 on the next one) if someone ported a line over. Now I'm waiting for deal without ported in a line.

Every year those articles come out as if they are making some grand statement.

It’s a fact that shortly after a phone’s release the demand goes way down, iPhone included. Wether this was unexpected at Apple or not remains to be seen. But considering Apple is quite literally the most successful company ever I’m pretty sure they expected it.

I keep reading all these articles past few days about sales being way down for the iPhone x and apple having to cut back on manufacturing.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-...duction-in-the-face-of-weak-demand-1517312098

I think the $1,000 price tagged scared off people, as well as people still happy and fine with thier current smartphone, that for most people probably still works judt great, and no major reason to rush to the store for a new phone if thier current phone still works.

Interesting. Before reading this I saw the opposite.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/30/iphone-x-top-three-best-selling/amp/

Not certain of course how and what is being measured. At least fully, in either article.

Edit: interesting. I just fully skimmed the article I posted and it also talked about the weakened demand and decline at the end.

So I got an iPhone X 256gb last night. Just set it up tonight. So far I dont hate it. The notch at the top hasn't been distracting at all so far (haven't watched video's yet either though). What has been annoying so far is the giagantic gray bar below the keyboard when I type.. Anyone got a way of changing it black.

Back