Why review sites benching trash Haswell IGP graphics vs discreet?

mista ting

Gawd
why all the review/bench sites are making comparisons using ONLY the IGP graphics and not discreet GPU like an AMD 7950....really who in the sweet jesus will ever use a shitty ass IGP graphics?? are they completely out of their minds? on top of that comparing the intel IGP vs the AMD IGP is this a joke ?? the AMD IGP will always win... just a rant as im doing as much haswell research before i upgrade and coming across this useless IGP bullshit....

why all the review/bench sites are making comparisons using ONLY the IGP graphics and not discreet GPU like an AMD 7950....really who in the sweet jesus will ever use a shitty ass IGP graphics??
Answer: anyone who is not a member of this forum. This forum represents an extremely small subset of all computer users.

Most people will be using the IGP.
Its powerful enough to play games in lower quality, accelerated video etc, most uses of the PC.
Not everyone has the money for a more powerful PC and not everyone cares about graphics quality as long as it works ok.

CPU reviews review what the CPU can do for the mainstream, some do show discrete GPU performance.
There are occasional reviews to show the difference between CPUs for hardcore gamers with discrete cards.

You've been here 7.2 years, come on, it doesnt deserve a wtf.
If you havent seen a review thats useful to you yet, perhaps make a thread politely asking if someone can point you to one or have a bit more patience.
Having a paddy over this raises a smile :)

One of the biggest improvements Intel made with Haswell is with the IGP. It'd be silly not to test it and show the results.

Intel's integrated graphics have always been shyte. What's the big deal? Haswell is less crappy?

Last edited:
Why do review sites do Photoshop tests? What about Handbrake? Shit.. I don't do that. Surely no one else does.

/sarcasm

I run HD 4000 on my HTPC. It can play games at 720p at low/medium settings. Since the TV has input lag, I would never play anything fast-paced on it, so I do mostly platformers and the occasional FPS.

It handled Portal 2 like a champ at mid/high with FXAA, and Fallout 3 at low/mid settings. Older games like Ys Origins and Psychonauts it can max-out at 720p :D

While HD 4000 really lacks the ROPs to drive 1080p, it's not a problem because I can't tell the difference between the two at my sitting distance. And any serious games I play on my desktop GTX 460 1GB!

What's with the large amounts of facepalm threads lately?

Back