Why no interest in Joint Ops around here?

wfalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
Granted Doom3 is big news, but Joint Ops came and went without raising too many eyebrows. While it's far from perfect (the heli physics and grenade spammers suck), I don't feel that it was THAT bad of a game overall. It's got decent coop to it, which is good since coop generally doesn't get any lovin since Serious Sam.

None of the Novalogic games have gotten much attention since the original Delta Force. BHD got some attention, but in general their games are pretty average. Nothing groundbreaking.

Joint Ops is a good game that could stand to be adjusted a little bit.

There are still vehicle teleport bugs. Driving into trees don't kill you. Framerate seems inconsistant with what the game gives you.

All in all though it can be a pretty fun game at times.

I have the demo, and I am addicted to this game. With everything turned up, it looks like FarCry, has such great teamplay, and is just awesome. I'll be buying the retail as soon as I get money, that's for sure.

the demo level was a fairly small island and it was really fun.

so i bought the game, but then all the full version maps are like ten times the size of that map (or more in some cases) making it really hard to find good action and having to travel several miles to fight.

on top of that it is extremely easy to die, as in you can trip on a rock and die, which kinda sucks.

but i still play the game every once in a while and it can be fun sometimes....

it would just be much more playable if you could equip body armor or something, and if the maps were about 1/8th of the size that they are now.

The world largest LAN game is going to be played at CPL with over 128 players in 1 game, on 1 server. The game is Joint Ops.

So maybe the game is crap, but apparently it's possible for 128 players to play on a single server, on lan regardless, is pretty impressive.

I like joint ops, I don't have it yet cause it's the same as far cry, it's taking too long to pirate the damn thing

online games have up to 150 players actually and future support for 200 is possible

you cant pirate it cause novaworld checks your cd key before it lets you see any servers, although there are pirated copies out, you can only play the training

dead, that is not true, but that info didnt come from me.....There is always a way around everything....

el_lance_o said:
I like joint ops, I don't have it yet cause it's the same as far cry, it's taking too long to pirate the damn thing
Umm... I know you DID NOT just say what I think you said. :mad:

i have the full version of it, and i think it is pretty fun. i like how you can have a ton of people play at once, makes it great for big lanz, and the graphics are pretty good which is rare for large multiplayer games, for examply BFV and BF1942

Deadguy said:
^^ oh yeah like you never had anything pirated before :rolleyes:

Thats not the point. Rules are rules.... Just do us a favor and keep it to your selves. Next thing you know this guy gets a PM, where you getting the game yada yada, and boom... this place needs a subgroup called warez monkeys.

Joint Ops is an amazing game. I love it. It's at least 12 times better then that crap Battlefield.

BakedGoods said:
Joint Ops is an amazing game. I love it. It's at least 12 times better then that crap Battlefield.

Better than BF lmao :p Doesnt come close..The vehicles suck, the player models suck, and the game just ISNT fun. This game doesnt come close to BF1942 in terms of gameplay.

I was in the Beta for it .. the Beta was REALLY good till about 15 patches before release .. they just killed the whole game .. they basically gave into all the whiners on the forums ..

and the game can support more than 150 people .. in Beta our record in game was 220 I believe .. the lag wasn't to bad either ..

but nonetheless the game still sucks now ...

wfalcon said:
I don't feel that it was THAT bad of a game
Maybe people would rather play games that are fun, rather than games that "arn't that bad".
I mean I know thats what I do :rolleyes:

NightWolfe said:
I was in the Beta for it .. the Beta was REALLY good till about 15 patches before release .. they just killed the whole game .. they basically gave into all the whiners on the forums ..

and the game can support more than 150 people .. in Beta our record in game was 220 I believe .. the lag wasn't to bad either ..

but nonetheless the game still sucks now ...

Great... damn little kid cs whiners are going to JO now! :mad:

Delta Force 1 is one of the best games ever made IMO but yeah the rest were pretty average or even bad

Joint Ops would be a whole lot better if it ran better, i cant play most multiplayer games b/c im used to Counter-Strike 100fps and 30ping and no lag whatsoever. Joint Ops always gets laggy and slows down considerably in large firefights (ive been on a few servers that werent like this but its rare) i just get pissed off when im laggin and i leave the server.. When it runs fine and there isnt alot of lag i really thought it was sweet.

Well, this was the first game I bought from Novalogic sense Delta Force. It is really good in
the DF type game play. Granted, Nova still has shitty coders and not having the ability to
use the CTRL key is ludicrous.....wtf? Who in da hell uses WASD anymore?

Another problem is of course the fps issue. I get pretty good fps on certain maps 'n' servers
but I sometimes get 5 fps!@# . ANd it has nothing to do with videocard either...got a
9800 and I get same fps with low or high settings makes no difference. Maybe a cpu thing but I
don't think so. For instance I get on a map with 50 people and half could be capping a WP
and my fps is around 20 or so. But I might get on another map with HALF the people and
get shitty fps. It has to be the netcode or something.

But saying that, the game is pretty fun. I know someone said its too easy to get killed
and all but thats what makes this game fun.

Updates and proper settings work wonders! I get 30-45 fps usually at 1024x768x2xAA with my 5900NU! :rolleyes:

Buckaroo Banzai said:
WASD was a good combo for maybe Doom back in da day but I prefer the arrow keys+mouse

the thing about arrow keys is u dont have q e r t f g z x c ctrl shift tab caps lock spacebarall in comfortable reach as well as the number keys which are usualy used for selecting your guns...

so R for relead, Space for jump, shift for walk, ctrl for duck, z for prone, x for crouch or radio comands or something, g for drop weapon or such, e for use or lean right, q for lean left or prev weapon, tab for scores I mean its a perfect setup

arrow keys you got ctlr for duck, shift for walk, 0 Ins for seomting like relead, NUM1 is reachable for use or so, but then nothing else is really reachable.. IMO at least

Dan UCF said:
Maybe people would rather play games that are fun, rather than games that "arn't that bad".
I mean I know thats what I do :rolleyes:

Well, if that was the case, then why were so many folks roped into that sad excuse for a MMORPG called Star Wars Galaxies?

A game can be "fun", while simultaneously having faults that would prevent it from being a "great" game. The point was that while it wasn't the greatest thing since pr0n on the internet, that it also wasn't bad enough to be passed over and filed in the Daikatana category.

I use Arrow Keys and Joint ops demo was worse than beta, so it left a really bad taste for me, I ain't touching the game with a 10 foot pole.

fromage said:
The world largest LAN game is going to be played at CPL with over 128 players in 1 game, on 1 server. The game is Joint Ops.

So maybe the game is crap, but apparently it's possible for 128 players to play on a single server, on lan regardless, is pretty impressive.

That's because the games graphics are asstastic. I could run it on my p2 350. :D

BakedGoods said:

A) You're on crack.
B) Battlefield ran like crap on your system
C) You sucked at Battlefield.
R) All of the Above.

----

Delta Force was the game that got me into gaming, I had an assload of fun playing it until the game was completely ruined by hacks (people jumping way high and using grenade launcher on people.. if you played you've seen it before). :rolleyes:

Joint Ops was fun for a day. But I'd rather play Battlefield to be honest.

That's my worthless 2 cents! :D

Luxor said:
That's because the games graphics are asstastic. I could run it on my p2 350. :D

A) You're on crack.
B) Battlefield ran like crap on your system
C) You sucked at Battlefield.
R) All of the Above.

----

Delta Force was the game that got me into gaming, I had an assload of fun playing it until the game was completely ruined by hacks (people jumping way high and using grenade launcher on people.. if you played you've seen it before). :rolleyes:

Joint Ops was fun for a day. But I'd rather play Battlefield to be honest.

That's my worthless 2 cents! :D

lmao, its true, bf owns :eek:

Circuitbreaker8 said:
WASD 0wns you, arrows suck
Hells yeah! :cool:
I love WASD. I've used it since Half-Life. I even tried using a Nostromo N52 keypad, but ended up tossing it for a regular keyboard and my good friends W, A, S, and D. :D

No question about that. Got the space bar right there for jumping. The numbers for quick weapon switch. F key for lets say use or whatever. Q and E for leaning left / right or for a game like UT translocator / best weapon kind of thing.

As for the game, a had picked up BF:V and the demo of joint ops didnt blow me away enough to get another huge map team game when I prefer UT games for example. I certainly dont consider myself some kind of God either that can tell people they are wrong and which game is in any kind of way factually better.

Luxor said:

A) I'm on crack.

There fixed it because of ur p2 350 comment... I just can't see JO running GOOD on that system if others with over 2 gig systems are jerky with some settings! :rolleyes:

Back