Why no AvP 3 ?

gepetto

Limp Gawd
Where is AvP 3; I wish they would contemplate making a new AvP installment using either the source engine or the doom 3 engine, I think it would be really good, and scarier then any game that's out there.

An AvP game with the Doom 3 engine would be amazing, the slimey/shiny effect that Doom 3 engine has is perfect for Aliens.

Source AvP3 would rock, especially now with it being multithreaded. I think someone asks this every couple months, you think Fox/Vinvendi/Sierra or whoever has control of it would take a stab at it. It is still very popular.

totally. im thinking crysis engine and dx10 though. i thought of predator when i saw pics of those jungles in crysis. and the sophisticated lighting would be perfect for the alien campaign too. man, now im all hyped for a game that probably wont come out :/

They can't make a new AvP yet, they have to M.I.L.K the F.E.A.R franchise for every penny its worth first.

doubt that there will be one due to liscensing issues. I think it has to do with Fox/vivenndi renewing the liscense for alien and predator and they have not done so.

Not to mention to horrible job they did with the AvP movie. The lackluster reponse it received might be disuade the high muckity mucks that a PC game would fail. Of course, base a game on that flop and it would.

PanzerBoxb said:
Not to mention to horrible job they did with the AvP movie. The lackluster reponse it received might be disuade the high muckity mucks that a PC game would fail. Of course, base a game on that flop and it would.

Well, good thing AvP2 (the movie) is coming out soon. Can't wait. :rolleyes:

phobic said:
Well, good thing AvP2 (the movie) is coming out soon. Can't wait. :rolleyes:

For some reason when I thought of a sequel to this movie I laughed. Does anybody remember the part in the movie when the older Predator made a spear out of an alien tail for the chick? That ass-kicking duo was only topped by incredible coupling of Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dennis Rodman in the blockbuster hit "Double Team."

They could redo the first game and call it Alien vs. Predator: Source or something like that, kind of like counter strike did. I would love a remake of the first game.

AvP2 is still our LAN game of choice! Runner Alien FTW!

My friends and i use the Runner/Praetorian combo for a little pain train action. The runner gets up close and stuns a target with their tail strike. Then the Praetorian just comes bouncing in and tears right through them. It's glorious!

They probably need to make an AvP movie that doesn't suck, before making a new game. Aliens fighting predators .... it seems like such a simple movie to make, and yet it failed.

I read the Aliens vs Predators : deadliest of species comic, which had a girl teaming up with predators, but that was probably the worst of the AvP series.

They probably need to make an AvP movie that doesn't suck, before making a new game. Aliens fighting predators .... it seems like such a simple movie to make, and yet it failed.

I read the Aliens vs Predators : deadliest of species comic, which had a girl teaming up with predators, but that was probably the worst of the AvP series.

Yep it was.

Oh of course; one core for the predator, one core for the alien, one for the marine, and one core for you to STFU. Thats one quad-core proc you cant afford. :eek:

:D

I never had the pleasure of playing AvP 1 or 2:(

Sega owns the rights to alien now and they have a FPS in the works that Gearbox has already signed own to develope, not sure if it's just for consoles or for PC also?
I don't know if that includes AVP or not?

awwww man, avp2 on lan is the shizNITE! Netting your buddy and hearing him yell "SHIT SHIT SHIT!" as he's trying to cut his ass lose before you introduce him to Mr. Stabby is an orgasmic experience.

Also, the single player marine campaign is one of the scariest games ever.

I enjoyed AvP2 but AvP1 had the coolest single player mode. You versus a never ending onslaught of Aliens, Praetorians and Pred-aliens. It was great. On the canyon map I could last for over and hour.

Easiest way to survive the canyon was to launch flares at the two entry points near the bunker and then cover the canyon entrance. Fun times.

My fondest memories of the series are running around as a face hugger in AvP2. The goal was to sow confusion and fear more than actually nailing any of the Marines. Hearing my friends scream in terror made it all worthwhile.

Easiest way to survive the canyon was to launch flares at the two entry points near the bunker and then cover the canyon entrance. Fun times.

My fondest memories of the series are running around as a face hugger in AvP2. The goal was to sow confusion and fear more than actually nailing any of the Marines. Hearing my friends scream in terror made it all worthwhile.
Yeah, it's a shame the lifecycle mode never really took off. It was so much fun running around and facehugging people. The problem was, there just weren't enough places to hide as a facehugger/hatchling so you were too vulnerable to make it balanced. It was a great concept though.

Heh. You probably won't like this:

Wikipedia_Shane Salerno said:
At 30, Salerno rewrote Alien vs. Predator heavily throughout pre-production and production in Prague although (over the strong protest of 20th Century Fox and the producers) Salerno did not receive screen credit. The film debuted at #1 on August 13, 2004 with a $38.3 opening weekend and went on to become Fox's most profitable film of 2004. A sequel is being readied.

Anyone play the Source game Hidden? It's pretty fun, kind of has the AvP feel as it's one semi-invisible melee guy against a group of heavily armed marines. Pouncing, wall climbing, eating bodies for health... it's all there.

Heh. You probably won't like this:

I went to see the movie in theatre too ... doesn't mean it didn't suck. The previews made it look good, yet the footage in the previews was the only good parts of the movie.

By the way, the line above that quote in the wikki entry is perhaps the most telling.

"Critics were not allowed to view the film in advance. Once critics were able to review the film they were not very positive about it."

I would double probably even triple the ticket price if James Cameron was to direct AvP2. Aliens anyone???

you know what would be some really slick shit. if they made a game just called Aliens that focused on the single player marine campaign.

Cant believe I nearly missed this post. About every 3 to four months I keep asking the same questions about AVP3. Such questions like:
1. Will it come soon to PC or Consoles?
2. AVP3 could make the PPU's killer App
3. AVP3 Could make the AIPU's killer app
4 DirectX10...AVP3 where are you?
ect ect ect.
Actually I am the first self proclaimed "AVP3 WHORE" for this forum and have ravenously put my name in every single online petition for AVP3 out there. (I don't think anyone reads them :eek: )

I have been thinking big recently though! really big!

Here it is: Some guy is trying to piss off Microsoft by using a HUGE shipping container to get MS to pay for shipping his xBox to him.
Ok, maybe not that big, but maybe a Million Man LAN event to petition the potential programers?
Im not above making myself out to be an ass. So any suggestions are welcome.

Also remember online petitions DON'T work! So we need to face responsible parties IN PERSON (or in Alien costume anyone) reminds me of the movie "We are Marshall" where the dean kept sending letters to the NCAA and they said no. The coach asked him if he wrote a letter to ask his wife to marry him..... So he met the NCAA in person. They said yes.
Ok anyone who has any ideas on getting this to fruition (aside from me funding it entirely!) PLEASE PM ME!:)

Ok as an addendum to my lasy post PLEASE PM ME for any good ideas to get AVP3 started, please do not say stuff like "hey, we can donate blood and seamen" ok?
I'm looking for some really good, big ideas and at low cost no free or a fortune, but low cost.
I'm willing to spend, maybe some money and some real time, (not as little time as writing a letter or waste anymore time on a e-petition)

Thanks in advance to those who have ideas, and crave this game with next gen graphics!:cool:

Back