Why Isn't it Called No Woman's Sky?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Once again I find it sad that women are prevented by law, under the penalty of death, from making their own games. Please, won't some of you men out there come to their rescue and make a game for them called No Woman's Sky?

We find the name of this “first person space travel” game to be distasteful, offensive, and shamelessly anti-feminist. Jezebel will not be reviewing—or even playing—No Man’s Sky. In a game that claims to take place inside “an infinite procedurally generated galaxy,” there should be more than enough room for equality.

Be careful what you wish for, you may not want it. In before sexy female mods are made for No Man's Sky. I can easily see a mod that takes the name literally.

maxresdefault.jpg

Be careful what you wish for, you may not want it. In before sexy female mods are made for No Man's Sky. I can easily see a mod that takes the name literally.

maxresdefault.jpg
I have yet to see any humanoid women in No Man's Sky, though I suppose they could mod the Korvax.

SJW strikes again...man at times I wish people actually did something more useful than this crap

I find the article writer's last name "Finger" to be rude, inappropriate and disgusting. How dare his last name be a part of the human body that some people do not possess due to accident or deformation. For those people that have no fingers, I stand for you. #DownWithFinger

Come to think of it... the lack of females is rather alarming. Some of the creatures you come across have had to resort to certain measures: Uh...

Reactions: Vokar
like this
We all need to sit in bed and live life under the covers because we might offend someone if we venture out into the world and do something.

So No Woman's Sky would be ok, but No Man's Sky is not ok? These "journalists" or w.e they are called really don't think much.

Aw, let 'em have their click-bait fun. Jezebel and the rest of the Gawker family are about done now that Univision owns them. Jezebel will start covering Telenovelas, Jalopnik will focus exclusively on old Chebrolets, and I'm pretty sure Kotaku is going to be a dedicated Lucha Libre portal. No idea what they'll do with I09.

I'm a writer for a shitty SJW site. Do I: A)invest a bunch of time into playing a game I might or might not like and then write a thoughtful review taking many hours of my time or B) write an idiotic screed about the title using a forumulaic outline so generic I could get a chatbot to do it for me with zero thought and minimal time investment? Hmmmm.... Bonus points for the fact that my bosses would probably rate option B higher.

Could be "No Human's Sky"...

"No Person's Sky"? :p

Gotta cover every base:

No Tall Person's Sky
No Short Person's Sky
No Person of Medium Build's Sky
No Brunette's Sky
No Blonde's Sky
No Redhead's Sky
No Republican's Sky
No Democrat's Sky
No Christian's Sky
No Muslim's Sky
No Buddhist's Sky
No Voodoo's Sky

This is exhausting, and I haven't even got to skin color, sexual preference, or nationality yet.

Maybe they should petition the term "no mans land" so from now on when brought up about the history of WW1/2 that land being contested is now called "no womans land"..... yeah doesn't have the same ring to it.

George was on the case long ago..... ;)

George Carlin: When it comes to changing the language, I think they make some good points. Because we do think in language. And so the quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language. So maybe some of this patriarchal shit ought to go away. I think "spokesman" ought to be "spokesperson." I think "chairman" ought to be "chairperson." I think "mankind" ought to be "humankind." But they take it too far, they take themselves too seriously, they exaggerate. They want me to call that thing in the street a "personhole cover." I think that's taking it a little bit too far!

George Carlin: What would you call a ladies' man, a "person's person"? That would make a he-man an "it-person." Little kids would be afraid of the "boogie-person." They'd look up in the sky and see the "person in the moon." Guys would say "come back here and fight like a person," and we'd all sing "For It's a Jolly Good Person," that's the kind of thing you would hear on "Late Night with David Letterperson"! You know what I mean?

We find the name of this “first person space travel” game to be distasteful, offensive, and shamelessly anti-feminist. Jezebel will not be reviewing—or even playing—No Man’s Sky. In a game that claims to take place inside “an infinite procedurally generated galaxy,” there should be more than enough room for equality.

Uhm....I could see them ranting if it was entitled "No Mans Strip Club"......but really.

Yep, new age third wave feminism at its best.

I think it's pretty telling when you start seeing countless WOMEN speak out against this new age feminism nonsense. No woman would have spoken out against legitamate feminism before these times as feminism in its definition just means equality between the sexes. And that's great, of course. but this shit were dealing with now is absurd.

Doesn't No Man's Sky imply its Every Woman's Sky?
From the comments section at that there website:
I hope at the end of the game you reach the center of the galaxy, and it’s just a woman at a desk, tallying up how much rent you owe for the hours you’ve spent inhabiting her sky.
Cracked me up.

Anyway, kudo's to the dumbass who refused to review the game, as it spawned some of the best comments I've read in months. Happy reading!

Not going to even bother giving it a click. If the author is too stupid (pushing an agenda) to realize Man is short for Mankind which has zero to do with being male or female, then who gives a shit what they wrote.

If the author is too stupid (pushing an agenda) to realize Man is short for Mankind which has zero to do with being male or female...

Don't you get it?! that's the point! Our language is so mired in male dominance that even the word for humanity has "man" in it. /s

It's a parody article, btw.

George Carlin: When it comes to changing the language, I think they make some good points. Because we do think in language. And so the quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language. So maybe some of this patriarchal shit ought to go away. I think "spokesman" ought to be "spokesperson." I think "chairman" ought to be "chairperson." I think "mankind" ought to be "humankind." But they take it too far, they take themselves too seriously, they exaggerate. They want me to call that thing in the street a "personhole cover." I think that's taking it a little bit too far!

What would you call a ladies' man, a "person's person"? That would make a he-man an "it-person." Little kids would be afraid of the "boogie-person." They'd look up in the sky and see the "person in the moon." Guys would say "come back here and fight like a person," and we'd all sing "For It's a Jolly Good Person," that's the kind of thing you would hear on "Late Night with David Letterperson"! You know what I mean?

EDIT: Damn, someone else beat me to the punch on this one!

Last edited:
Don't you get it?! that's the point! Our language is so mired in male dominance that even the word for humanity has "man" in it. /s

It's a parody article, btw.

Indeed.
Fairly sure they're mocking that dude that refused to review Ghostbusters.

I support women's rights and equality... this is just dumb lol. Same as "Link needs to be a women" <> the fact my wife loves zelda and plays it more than any man I know! lol

Wow, this deserved post on the front page? Jezebel is a shitty Gawker tabloid, and you're doing exactly what they want by getting gamers riled up enough to click the link.

You're new so I'll cut you some slack BUT we post things for many reasons, some because they are cool, some because they are interesting or funny and some are posted just so we can all point our fingers and laugh. :D

As has been stated above, Man in this case refers to Mankind which refers to us all, collectively, inclusively, and completely. 'Nuf said. lol

Back